Mark Sanchez FACTS

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from BBReigns. Show BBReigns's posts

Mark Sanchez FACTS

Summary:

Gets worse in close games both in compl% and QB rating.
    Gets worse in cold weather.
    Gets worse in secon halves of games, especially within a 7 point or less game.

4th Quarter within 7 Points     47.4 Compl%    61.9 QB rating.

Ouch.

Weather less than 40 degrees:    57.1 comp% and a QB rating of 71.4

Double ouch.

2nd Half 50 Compl% (1st half 59)   and a QB rating of 75.1 (1st half 87)

His overall 4th qtr Q rating is 62.3.

Triple ouch.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from BBReigns. Show BBReigns's posts

Re: Mark Sanchez FACTS

Yes, let's ignore QB stats when we know it's a QB league.

Jets were 7-9 last year or 8-8. We all know Indy laid down. What we don't know is if NY beats Cincy at home, so best case that was an 8-8 team.

12 TDs and 20 INTs is not a good rookie year for a 4th overall pick either.

I'll be bringing this point back up again throughout the rest of December, Killa.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from BBReigns. Show BBReigns's posts

It's means nothing other than we know it happened.   Legit history books actually tell facts and truths.

I would not like these numbers as a Jets fan.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from CablesWyndBairn. Show CablesWyndBairn's posts

BB,

I hope you're right about the December swoon, but Sanchez looks to be improved from last year even though I don't think the LT/Green tandem is as good as the Jones/Green tandem to help him cover his ar se.

The numbers aren't overly impressive with the kid, but the comeback wins have to mean something regardless of opponent.  But we shall see starting this Monday if Sanchez really has "it" or if he is a lucky hombre. 

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from harleyroadking1. Show harleyroadking1's posts

Man Killa pending fatherhood had gotten you all sorts of mellow. Where's the Killa we all know and love that would go off on the Scumm bag QB and Jest and string a line of obscenities towards Rusty.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Evil2010. Show Evil2010's posts

In Response to Re: Mark Sanchez FACTS:
    [QUOTE]BB, I hope you're right about the December swoon, but Sanchez looks to be improved from last year even though I don't think the LT/Green tandem is as good as the Jones/Green tandem to help him cover his ar se. The numbers aren't overly impressive with the kid, but the comeback wins have to mean something regardless of opponent.  But we shall see starting this Monday if Sanchez really has "it" or if he is a lucky hombre. 
    Posted by CablesWyndBairn[/QUOTE]

No mistake football is what's needed. No INTs-no fumbles-no dumb penalties-no dropped passes-no missed gimmie FGs. We're pretty good at that

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from bubthegrub2. Show bubthegrub2's posts

Like Parcells said once, "You are what your record says you are". And right now both these teams are 9-2. Along with the Falcons that is the best in the league right now. Whatever QB rating they have is irrelevant. We here have historically bashed Colts fans for throwing Horseface's stats at us. Let us not go down this slippery slope! Roethlisberger had a game with a 22 QB rating...and got a Super Bowl ring for it! What stats are good for (IMO) are tendencies. BB will look at such stuff and try and determine how to make him s c r e w up. Certainly, I'd rather have Brady on my team than Sanchez. But he's making the plays, and at the right time, to win games. As far as his rookie season, he did better than Peyton did in his first year. I know they won't underestimate him even if some of the fans do. Whatever stats he may put up Monday is moot. As long as he doesn't put up more points!

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from p-mike. Show p-mike's posts

Charlie Mackenzie: Hey Mom, I find it interesting that you refer to the Weekly World News as, "The paper." The paper contains facts.

May Mackenzie: This paper contains facts. And this paper has the eighth highest circulation in the whole wide world. Right? Plenty of facts. "Pregnant man gives birth." That's a fact.

The wonderful thing about statistics is that they can say whatever you want them to say.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from BBReigns. Show BBReigns's posts

Not with individual stats, they don't.

Wade Boggs was a lifetime .300+ hitter. That's a fact and there is no spin needed.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from agcsbill. Show agcsbill's posts

[QUOTE]No problem Rusty you can bring up all the stats you want man but im just not a stat guy. To each his own. You want to try and discredit Sanchez by bringing up all these stats and thats fine but in my book he is a winning QB and he might look like sh*t on his way to winning games but he is still winning games. And whether or not a team laid down or not means NOTHING in the history books, all it will say is NY Jets 9-7 so that is what his record is and that is FACT not opinion. He is 18 and 9 as a starting QB and I know the Pats are not looking past him even if our fans are. Oh yea and he outplayed Brady in week 2 as much as it pains me to say that.
    Posted by MVPkilla4life[/QUOTE]
    In a way, seems BBReigns is out trying to "out stat" Phatty!

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from BBReigns. Show BBReigns's posts

Nope. I include contexts and talk individual production, not TEAM related stats.

Good grief.

There is a difference.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from seattlepat70. Show seattlepat70's posts

am with killa on this one. if you look hard enough you will find numbers that will support whatever you want to say.

it's not even correct to say this is a qb league. while it may be the most important position, how much of a factor other facets or positions play in the outcome is really depends on game-to-game basis. fact is that as that they ahve a d that can keep them close enough so that their qb can win it for them on the last minute drive, despite having played a s--ty game for three qtrs.

turn this around. all the pats doubters point to the defensive stats as ther eason to doubt. i believe the pats d is much beter than the conventionals stats indicate.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from agcsbill. Show agcsbill's posts

[QUOTE]Nope. I include contexts and talk individual production, not TEAM related stats. Good grief. There is a difference.
    Posted by BBReigns[/QUOTE]

You know what Phatty will do, bombard you with stats with no context!!

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

Here's a fact!  Patriots vs Jets Monday, December 6th.  Both teams are different from when they first played in week 2.  Should be a great game!

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from agcsbill. Show agcsbill's posts

[QUOTE]Here's a fact!  Patriots vs Jets Monday, December 6th.  Both teams are different from when they first played in week 2.  Should be a great game!
    Posted by BradyMossFan[/QUOTE]
    And PatRex thinks the Pats ARE the same team as the Jets played in week #2!

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from garytx. Show garytx's posts

The stats on Sanchez could hold true but it wasn't Sanchez that beat us the last time these teams met.  The meltdown the Pats had in the 2nd half on both sides of the ball was the reason the Jets won.  The Jets being a good team just said thank you and took advantage of it like any good team would.  Personally, I don't look to Sanchez as the reason why the Pats might be beaten or not.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from p-mike. Show p-mike's posts

Here's a fact:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pRf_A07Elyw

18. This post has been removed.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from USMCM1A1. Show USMCM1A1's posts

The Jets are a legit 9-2 team that impresses me.  Mark Sanchez however is not impressive--he's an average, truly middle of the pack QB.

If we look at DYAR, how well a QB performs above replacement players, Sanchez is a very middling 19th out of 41 QBs who have taken significant snaps this year, and if you look at QB DVOA, how well a QB does compared to league avergaes for a QB, apples to apples for the same down, distance and score, Snachez is a low-middle 24th out of 41 (http://www.footballoutsiders.com/stats/qb). Those are important statistics because they are averaged by play, and account for the real gamne situation, and aren't aggregate number stats.

Another relevant statistic is YPA, measuring how many yards a passer gets including negative plays like sacks.  The Jets are 20th out of 32 teams because Sanchez is not an effecient passer.

Football is a team sport, and Sanchez's quanitfiably medicore play isn't hurting his team to the point where they loose a lon.  However, don't mistake Sanchez for a Tm Brady--one QB is mediocre, just below average for the position, and the latter is the best in the game.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from southnpatsfan. Show southnpatsfan's posts

Here's a stat, the Patriots have NEVER lost to the same team twice in one year. Why? Because Bill use's what you did in the first game against you!!!

21. This post has been removed.

22. This post has been removed.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from southnpatsfan. Show southnpatsfan's posts

n Response to Re: Mark Sanchez FACTS:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Mark Sanchez FACTS : Actually, not true. In 2006, they lost TWICE to Indy: once in Foxboro and then in the AFCCG.
    Posted by Patsfansince1966[/QUOTE]

That's not reg. season!!

24. This post has been removed.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from nhsteven. Show nhsteven's posts

[QUOTE]I think if the Pats had made that FG early in the game they would have won it. Secondly, Mancheese may be 18-9 now but what if the Jests lose ten games in a row?  Then Mancheese is 18-19 and no longer a "winning QB". Wait until Mancheese has a record like Brady's to call him a "winning QB".
    Posted by Patsfansince1966[/QUOTE]

What are you smoking? Also, anybody who posts with many WOULDS and SHOULDS
    SHOULD think again.

Sections
Shortcuts