Mark Sanchez vs. NE Backup QB's

1. This post has been removed.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from ChasaB. Show ChasaB's posts

Re: Mark Sanchez vs. NE Backup QB's

In Response to Re: Mark Sanchez vs. NE Backup QB's:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Mark Sanchez vs. NE Backup QB's : I realize that, however, he is a starting QB with game and playoff experience. And, he is still young.[/QUOTE]

I dont think you understand, he wasn't just low ranked, he was DEAD last in the afc, and 27th for the league.

Based off all the times i have seen hoyer play(preseason, blowouts) I'd imagine he could start and be an improvement for the following teams: Raiders, Browns, Dolphins, 49ers, Seahawks, Jets, Washington, Titans, Cincy(if palmer holds out, close call if he doesn), Jacksonville, Caronlina.

If the 49ers miss out on the number one pick next year i expect them to send a 1st rounder to the pats for hoyer.

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from june2010. Show june2010's posts

The Most important stat here for the NFL QB from each team is ...

Mark Sanchez 1 ---- Tom Brady 0 ----> Head to Head Playoff matchup

Mark Sanchez 3 ---- Tom Brady 2 -----> Head to Head Regular Season

Most of those players Mallet and Hoyer faced will be bus drivers and bouncers in four weeks. I wouldn't hang my hat too much on last night, it is only PRESEASON.

And to think these guys will ever be better than Brady, the greatest QB ever, is madness. Third year are when QBS emerge, and these guys, Hoyer a career back up, and Mallet a pot head, the two together don't make up a Tom Brady bad year.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rockdog1293000. Show Rockdog1293000's posts

Umm no. That's too small a sample. Sanchez still is a below average QB while Brady is the best in the league. 

Those numbers will be switched around this year anyway, as I don't see the jets as having a chance against the pats. 

[QUOTE]The Most important stat here for the NFL QB from each team is ... Mark Sanchez 1 ---- Tom Brady 0 ---- /> Head to Head Playoff matchup Mark Sanchez 3 ---- Tom Brady 2 -----> Head to Head Regular Season Most of those players Mallet and Hoyer faced will be bus drivers and bouncers in four weeks. I wouldn't hang my hat too much on last night, it is only PRESEASON. And to think these guys will ever be better than Brady, the greatest QB ever, is madness. Third year are when QBS emerge, and these guys, Hoyer a career back up, and Mallet a pot head, the two together don't make up a Tom Brady bad year.
    Posted by june2010[/QUOTE]

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from WCPatsFan. Show WCPatsFan's posts

Sanchez = Richard Todd

7. This post has been removed.

8. This post has been removed.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from kjfitone. Show kjfitone's posts

i would take both hoyer and mallet over sanchez, any day. sanchez sucks.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from seawolfxs. Show seawolfxs's posts

[QUOTE]Also, when you folks want to give Sanchez the benefit of the doubt, keep in mind Cassel hadn't played in 10 years before getting a chance here. So, the idea that Sanchez was under the gun from USC as a freshman to now doesn't hold much weight. Carroll said he wasn't ready and it shows. Compare Cassel's first 1-3 year progression to Sanchez's. And Cassel was in a PASS FIRST offense, which is clearly more pressure. Sanchez has been coddled, big time, so far, regardless of their ability to hide his flaws in the playoffs. I give more credit to the O Line and defense rising to the occasion, more so than being impressed with my own eyes with Sanchez. There are approx 10 young (1st, 2nd or 3rd year starters) QBs I would take over Sanchez in no order: Freeman McCoy (impressive) Fitzpatrick Matt Flynn (impressive) Matt Cassel Bradford (impressive) Matt Ryan Cutler (better version of Sanchez) Heck, I might even take Flacco (also been to an AFC Title game) and Vince Young over Sanchez. I haven't even seen Cam Newton yet and he's better. Leaving Schaub off since he is older. Add in Hoyer and what he'd look like on a good team with a run game/O Line good D, and that's easily 10 that are more the part than Sanchez. Jets fell for the Matt Leinart USC bloated aerial program and thought it would translate to the NFL.
    Posted by RidingWithTheKing[/QUOTE]

I agree!
    Sanchez has not been accurate
    Hoyer and Mallet seem to have better technique
    As well they should they copy Brady
    And with everything there is a Patriot way - meaning a BB way)

If Sanchez doesn't get a lot more accurate
    the bloom will come of the rose here in Jet land
    Maybe Moore will make him better
    but as i hear it - acccuracy generally doesn't get better

btw - last nite they said that Mallet was the Past's number 1 QB
    in the draft

a lonely Pat fan in NJ

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Macrawn. Show Macrawn's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Mark Sanchez vs. NE Backup QB's : I agree! Sanchez has not been accurate Hoyer and Mallet seem to have better technique As well they should they copy Brady And with everything there is a Patriot way - meaning a BB way) If Sanchez doesn't get a lot more accurate the bloom will come of the rose here in Jet land Maybe Moore will make him better but as i hear it - acccuracy generally doesn't get better btw - last nite they said that Mallet was the Past's number 1 QB in the draft a lonely Pat fan in NJ
    Posted by seawolfxs[/QUOTE]

I like Hoyer but all he has is preseason experience and a couple chances in blowout games. He would not be as accurate under real circumstances against legit teams and quite frankly I think he needs another year of experience before I'd even try that. 

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from ChasaB. Show ChasaB's posts

i know its only one game, but check all the stats for QB's in this week, a funk ton of terrible numbers, and then you have the two patriot backups with starter like numbers. 

Its just kinda funny, i hope they keep it up as i dont expect to see much of brady till the third game.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Artist-Frmrly-Knwn-As-NickC1188. Show Artist-Frmrly-Knwn-As-NickC1188's posts

[QUOTE]The Most important stat here for the NFL QB from each team is ... Mark Sanchez 1 ---- Tom Brady 0 ---- /> Head to Head Playoff matchup Mark Sanchez 3 ---- Tom Brady 2 -----> Head to Head Regular Season Most of those players Mallet and Hoyer faced will be bus drivers and bouncers in four weeks. I wouldn't hang my hat too much on last night, it is only PRESEASON. And to think these guys will ever be better than Brady, the greatest QB ever, is madness. Third year are when QBS emerge, and these guys, Hoyer a career back up, and Mallet a pot head, the two together don't make up a Tom Brady bad year.
    Posted by june2010[/QUOTE]

55%

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Peduncle72. Show Peduncle72's posts

I see what you are saying, but let me ask it in a different way.l If you are the armchair GM for the Jets, and you have Hoyer, Mallet, and Sanchez in camp... You MUST admit that the game you just watched would inspire you think about putting sanchez in a backup role to one or the other...

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Artist-Frmrly-Knwn-As-NickC1188. Show Artist-Frmrly-Knwn-As-NickC1188's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Mark Sanchez vs. NE Backup QB's : no it's pretty far off...its pre-season and jacksonville sucks...and sanchez is a two yr starter with playoff experience...hoyer is very limited experience-wise and mallett has none...u may hate sanchez but don't be silly now
    Posted by JintsFan[/QUOTE]

55%

Of course, you'd know quite well what 55% looks like for a rookie QB from watching Eli toss up ducks that Burress bailed him out on repeatedly, huh?

I'd take Hoyer in a quick second over Sanchez.  Sanchez can't throw in adverse weather conditions, can't throw deep, has a poor grasp of situational football, can't hit open receivers, and frankly his only good playoff experience came against the Pats' porous defense.  Hoyer has already shown better situational awareness and a knack for hitting open receivers, as well as superior arm strength to all parts of the field

Sanchez /> Tim Tebow

that's about it. 

The Jets' DEFENSE is what makes them go.  Sanchez is just along for the ride.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from seattlepat70. Show seattlepat70's posts

sorry guys...i can't go with you on this one.

i am really happy with the arm strength and accuracy that hoyer and mallet showed in that preseason game. it's pretty exciting to think that the pats will be ready whenever the post-brady era comes.

However, saying each of them is better than sanchez is equivalent to saying manning is better than brady. manning may be the better thrower, but all around brady is the much better qb and the rings prove it. sanchez has taken his team to the playoffs and he has won playoff games. neither hoyer nor mallet has gotten close to doing that.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from nhsteven. Show nhsteven's posts

[QUOTE]Well, we know Sanchez sucks. But we don't know either way about our backups.
    Posted by BabeParilli[/QUOTE]

I guess you're overlooking all those Cinderella finishes he had last yr, as well as beating Brady 2 out of 3 head to head.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from CommChairman. Show CommChairman's posts

[QUOTE]I was surprised to see how Mallett was moving around in the pocket. Mallett would've been a higher draft choice if he didn't attitude prolems in school. Mallett originally was with michigan before he went to Arkansas. He does have a gun for an arm. I do believe he will be Brady's successor one day.
    Posted by ANONMD08[/QUOTE]

Keep in mind that no one knows how Mallet might revert to his homeboi ways once his press clippings go to his head. Sanchez has managed to ( reasonably) stay out of trouble Jeter-style in spite of being one of the most eligble bachelors in NYC.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Red-Doc-Redemption. Show Red-Doc-Redemption's posts

Listen, I hate the Jets...& Sanchez's production during the regular season is down right David Garrardish but the guy seems to turn it on when it counts. He has won 4 playoff games in 2 years...Mallett & Hoyer both looked great but they have a lot to prove still....Sanchez has a little bit less to prove. In no way does this mean i think Sanchez is a good QB, but we're jumping the shark on Mallott & Hoyer...

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from TuckItOnce. Show TuckItOnce's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Mark Sanchez vs. NE Backup QB's : Keep in mind that no one knows how Mallet might revert to his homeboi ways once his press clippings go to his head. Sanchez has managed to ( reasonably) stay out of trouble Jeter-style in spite of being one of the most eligble bachelors in NYC.
    Posted by CommChairman[/QUOTE]

Besides being exposed for hooking up with some 17year old, sure he's been clean. 

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from seawolfxs. Show seawolfxs's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Mark Sanchez vs. NE Backup QB's : Besides being exposed for hooking up with some 17year old, sure he's been clean. 
    Posted by TuckItOnce[/QUOTE]

too funny - LMAO

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from seawolfxs. Show seawolfxs's posts

I would add one more QB b4 Sanchez
    and that is back up Matt Flynn on the Packers.

I see Snchez being really close to Eli Manning
    A lot of bad plays, not real accurate but can
    sting you in the big moment

Eli made his big name on the SB while the AllPro CB
    dropped a sure INT and the famous helmet catch -
     Gave him a big contract and saved the coaches job

It still comes down to accuracy
      Hitting the open receiver
      Hitting the open reciever in stride
      Hitting the open reciever when you are being hit

Sanchez has trouble with #1

23. This post has been removed.