Mark Sanchez's contract has been extended!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

Re: Mark Sanchez's contract has been extended!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

In response to "Mark Sanchez's contract has been extended!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!": [QUOTE]Jets extend QB Sanchez's contract by 3 years By  DENNIS WASZAK JR.  |  Associated Press  –  2 mins 17 secs ago NEW YORK (AP) — The  New York Jets  have extended quarterback  Mark Sanchez 's contract and dropped out of pursuing free agent  Peyton Manning . The team announced the extension for Sanchez in a conference call Friday night, and general manager  Mike Tannenbaum  says  the Jets  "looked at" going after Manning before deciding to stick with Sanchez. Sanchez led the team to the  AFC championship game  as a wild card in his first two seasons, but struggled as the Jets lost their last three games in 2011 to finish 8-8 and out of the playoffs. That led to speculation they would pursue Manning, who was released by the Colts on Wednesday Posted by Rocky[/QUOTE] Sweet! Best news I've heard yet this spring!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from 1guy1sharp. Show 1guy1sharp's posts

In response to "Re: Mark Sanchez's contract has been extended!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!": [QUOTE]Not sure how much you all know about football, but from a salary cap perspective, this was a smart move.  The Jets were not going to sign Manning.  They were not going to cut Sanchez with his dead money. What they did was lower his cap number by 6 mil.  I enjoy making fun of Sanchez as much as anyone, but he knocked us out of the playoffs last year with a great game and if we don't do something to sure up our D, we'll continue to make average QBs like him and Dan Orlovsky look like all pros. Posted by Bustchise[/QUOTE] Not sure how much you know about football , hut from an actual football perspective this a dumb move. What's so smart about keeping a mediocre QB? What's so smart about paying the sancheeze this kind of money? Rex and Tanny are forever tied to this loser. They can't just cut him and pretend it didn't happen. If the sancheeze fails their both fired. No serious football mind believes they can win with him. Everything they've done over the past few years was because .of their defense. It had nothing to do with the sancheeze. Nothing!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from chuchos. Show chuchos's posts

In Response to Re: Mark Sanchez's contract has been extended!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:
    [QUOTE]here is what the NY media is saying... http://www.nypost.com/p/blogs/cannscorner/jets_made_right_move_with_sanchez_Fbozsrxz3obcngfwfIygAP
    Posted by PatFanInBA2[/QUOTE]

Yep.  Why extend him now??  He's locked in for another two years, and he had merely a good season in 11, so let's keep him for at least 5.  Odd move.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsLifer. Show PatsLifer's posts

Thank you Jesus!

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from rochfan. Show rochfan's posts

Never has less been expected of a high first round draft pick , especially a QB (5th overall).
    It seems last year, and recently, the Jets overall philosophy was to want him to be a "game manager".
    The guy was a very high first round draft pick, not some low round pick or some free agent.
    When you are drafted that high. the expectations should be that you will become an all pro QB with great passing ability and skills,. Not a hand off the ball, run boots, and throw quick slants "game manager".
    That's the joke of it all to me..is how the expectations of this guy have dropped so suddenly and so quickly. The guy was the 5th overall pick.
    The " Franchez" has become the " Managez".

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from ChasaB. Show ChasaB's posts

wow the jesters, I laughed for a solid half hour when i heard hte news.

You come out and say you want manning, you know youre not gonna get him and then extend your QB who you have doubts about.

When will the other AFC east teams learn "Keep your mouths shut, and dont pee off your players coaches"

First miami trying to sign harbaugh while they still have a coach, and then the jets trying to dump sanchez for manning 

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from WeDerrWEDAT. Show WeDerrWEDAT's posts

Yes, we are placing our faith in the Sanchize for the next 2 years, minimum.  If he improves this will be a great contract for the Jets. If he regresses, welp, it will suck but we can cut bait at much less of a cap hit.  I know it is a few big ifs and if IF was a skiff we would be on a boat ride. I still think he will improve.  He only had 16 games in college.  A ton of teams would be estatic if you told them that you will go to 2 AFC champ games and an 8-8 season with your first 3 years of a rookie QB.

Can he improve? yes.  Will he?  I believe yes.

As far as manning, I am glad we didnt reach for teh shiney object this time.  We are staying with some consistency for once in as long a time as I can remember.

As for all of you that wanted the Jets keeping our QB the same.  You just got what you wished for, we will see if you like it come post season.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from LittleTimmy31. Show LittleTimmy31's posts

WeDerrWEDAT,

Clever picture w/ Brady. At least he was there playing at the SB! :)

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from BassFishing. Show BassFishing's posts

I can't say I am surprised at a Jets fan's delusional defense of this move. 

Most Jets fans are enraged about the move, unless as delusional as Mike Tannenbaum.  Every analyst out there with absolutely no agenda against the Jets are spelling out the flawed logic with this very well.  It's not hard to see, either.

Miami did something similar last year with its faux backing of Tony Sparano getting an extension, only AFTER Harbaugh got out of dodge and wisely chose the 49ers. Oh, the irony of Sparano now calling plays for Mark Sanchez in NY. 

NY realized Manning has no interest, Revis is going to holdout, so by extending Sanchez, it helps their cap because of bad/poor contract design by Tannenbaum in the first place.  This is no different than trading for Cromartie, drafting Kyle Wilson to play nickel in the deepest draft in 25 years, and then not having a 2nd rd pick in the 2011 draft, only to take Kenrick Ellis in Round 3.  Cromartie now makes 8 million per year.

One wrong move, can set up a slew of other bad moves.

When you are having a tough time deciding who is more stupid in the same week (Skins or Jets), that's not a good thing if you are a fan of one of those teams.

Finally, in the next 2 years, when the Jets will have to admit they blew it and Tannebaum and Ryan are fired, NY will get absolutely NO RETURN on a 5th overall draft pick investment.

Might be the dumbest move in salary cap history.

10. This post has been removed.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from UPSTATENYPATSFAN. Show UPSTATENYPATSFAN's posts

[QUOTE]Hahaha! this is funny. Jets.. We aren't so sure about this Sancheeze kid, We are interested in Peyton Manning becoming a Jet! Manning.. Um, I'm not interested in being a Jet Jets.. Crap!  Hey Mark, come out from under that bus, you wanna sign an extension? Sancheeze.. Um, ok.
    Posted by TFB12[/QUOTE]
    TOO FUNNY, LOL!

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from BassFishing. Show BassFishing's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Mark Sanchez's contract has been extended!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! : Rusty, it's hard to tell what the worst move in salary cap histories are.  In this case, it looks like the Jets got about 6 mil of cap relief for 2012 to use elsewhere.   Is it better to still be paying a guy after you cut him or to make the decision to have consistency at an important position on the field even if the player in question is average.  I dread the day that TB leaves.  We'll be like 1/2 the teams in the NFL, looking for a QB.
    Posted by Bustchise[/QUOTE]

Disagree. Obviously, no one will ever be Brady, especially if he gets a 4th ring and keeps putting up nice stats or MVP type seasons, but the way BB seeks out QBs and grooms them, the transition is likely to be better than most teams.

Hoyer could probably run this offense solidly right now with more of a run based approach similar to how Cassel grew in 2008.  Mallett has even more upisde and could be like a Rodgers type learning behind Brady for 2 or 3 more years, unleashed at 26, etc.

13. This post has been removed.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from BassFishing. Show BassFishing's posts

I just said of course no one can be Brady, but if you look at how SF groomed Steve Young, the way NE handles their development of QBs, while not perfect, the dropoff won't be as bad as other organizations, especially the ones you just mentioned.

NE went 11-5 in 2008 with Cassel with a mediocre, old defense with no pass rush.

So, don't say "no SBs without Brady".  NE was hot at the end of 2008 and I would have loved to have seen what might have happened int he postseason that year.

It's the skill set and the progression of the understudy. Only the Pats know how wel Hoyer and Mallett are coming along. But, of course no one will be Brady. Please learn to read at a higher level.

15. This post has been removed.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from BassFishing. Show BassFishing's posts

Cassel has two Pro Bowl level seasons for two different teams. Weis left and Haley stunk as an OC.

Cassel was outstanding in 2010. 

KC neeeds a LT to protect Cassel so he's not running for his life. Brandon Albert is not a Tackle. That's the one major flaw with Pioli's personnel moves so far. The O Line and pass protection.  Move Albert to his natural Guard spot and draft a legit 1st rd talent at LT.

Also, his running game disappeared with Charles going down.  You're wrong. There is nothing "awful" about Cassel whatsoever.  He also got hurt last year.
    Cassel is awful? Go look at his 2010 stats with a good OC. 

17. This post has been removed.

Sections
Shortcuts