Mark Sanchez's Future With The Jets.....

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from DuncanOrange. Show DuncanOrange's posts

Mark Sanchez's Future With The Jets.....

If the Jets miss the playoffs this season will be a huge disaster, remember how much they've shelled out for the guys on this roster.    The problem is clearly Mark Sanchez the most overrated QB ever to come into the league.   Sanchez had one good year at USC, his only year as a starter, then jumped early to the pro's (although he was a red-shirt junior) and thanks to a weak QB draft class, Sanchez went number 5.   

The Jets acted like the last two years Sanchez was Tom Brady in 2001, doing enough to win games while letting the running game and defense take care of business.    The difference is Brady was clutch in 2001, he didn't throw the costly picks.    Sanchez now in his third season, should be playing at a franchise QB level to earn his salary especially with an elite WR Santonio Holmes, a very good possession WR in Plaxico, and a solid TE in Keller.   But Sanchez stinks... luckily for the Patriots.   He has as many career TDs as career INTs, and even worse, from his clock management mistakes the last two games, he lacks an understanding of the game that a franchise QB next season.  

After the Jets fail to make the playoffs this year, I wouldn't be shocked to see Sanchez traded to his former coach Peter Caroll in Seattle for a 2nd or 3rd round.  

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Homecheese. Show Homecheese's posts

Re: Mark Sanchez's Future With The Jets.....

I think he has a really nice career ahead oh him...

At

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

^^^^ LOL!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

Well Rex Ryan has already said that Nacho Sancheeze will be the QB as long as he is there.  I think the Jets fire Schottenheimer as OC at the end of the season and get someone better in there to work with Nacho.  So I see his future there as being another 3-5 years.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

He will probably be in some sort of QB "controversy" next year, everyone will be buzzing about it. The truth is he can't play and will spend his career as a backup somewhere and probably get a chance to look good for 4-5 games years from now.  

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from laurienyc13. Show laurienyc13's posts

LOL, burger KING, I think the job will be too much for him, flipping burgers requires a lot of accuracy!!!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Wizardsjag. Show Wizardsjag's posts

He still reminds me a lot of former Dolphin QB David Woodley. Way to inconsistent, throws lots of picks, wins game due to defense, overall mobility, and way overrated.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from fenderSRV. Show fenderSRV's posts

Who cares! Sanchez is a joke...he will never be an elite QB he does not have the skills to read defenses like a Brady, Brees, or Rogers. The reason why the jets paid so heavy on the defense is because they know if the other team scores alot of points Sanchez cant put up the numbers he needs to win. Also the reason why they run so much...I guarantee the Jets will pick up another QB next yr. Too bad they didnt pick up Mallet hahaha

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from dogbones. Show dogbones's posts

i'd rather talk about his past then to waste time on his future 

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from patswirelessfan. Show patswirelessfan's posts

I hope Sanchez is the Jets QB for the next 10 years   Laughing

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from KyleCleric2. Show KyleCleric2's posts

They'll trade him and a couple of first round picks to the Colts for Peyton Manning.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from saigonsmuggler. Show saigonsmuggler's posts

I would rather see Luck in AFC East than Peyton. Arghh..

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from hang3xc. Show hang3xc's posts

I think there have been a lot bigger busts than Sanchez. At least 3 years in he's still playing as a starter. He also didn't ride the bench for a couple years watching & learning from someone. He was thrown in the deep end. Somehow he got to the AFCCG his first 2 seasons.

He isn't a great QB, but he CAN play well at times. He might put it all together at some point, or he very well might not. I'm glad he's not a Patriot & we don't have to pin our hopes on him.

He DID beat our Pat's once a year until this year, plus he knocked us out of the playoffs last year on his way to the AFCCG which kind of makes up for getting swept this season. I wonder how he'd do with a much better line protecting him, although him not directing his line correctly probably has a lot to do with him getting sacked and forced into bad throws so often

14. This post has been removed.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from zbellino. Show zbellino's posts

In Response to Re: Mark Sanchez's Future With The Jets.....:
    [QUOTE]Schottenheimer goes. If Sancheeze still stinks, then it's over. Then, the Pats can worry about Buff--no wait, they have a way to go...ok, then Miam--oops, they are years from anything....Hey, Pats will own the AFC East for about 4 more years!
    Posted by ipot[/QUOTE]

That' about it Ipot.

They'll can Schottenheimer, then Sanchez, then Rexy. 

The other poster above was right too ... it starts with a 'controversy' next seaon ... then end of which is the Jets drafting or trading for a replacement QB.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from MichFan. Show MichFan's posts

The problem with the Jets is the coach, not Sanchez..he he

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Davedsone. Show Davedsone's posts

I don't care.  Really hope the whole crew stays together, but it won't matter too much.  Last year and this year  is as weak as they are going to see us, so it's not like he is going to win even if he improves.  I'm still savoring the sweep.  

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from chrisakawoody. Show chrisakawoody's posts

[QUOTE]LOL, burger KING, I think the job will be too much for him, flipping burgers requires a lot of accuracy!!!
    Posted by laurienyc13[/QUOTE]

And excellent time-management.  When the fryer beeps, the French fry boy must leap.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from seawolfxs. Show seawolfxs's posts

Listening to the talk radio and Papers

the jet fans are restless - and not happy

Rexz said Sanchez will be qb as long as he is

so they will get a new OC then ryan goes
    and then Sanchez goes

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from NYPat. Show NYPat's posts

I feel bad for Mark Sanchez. I don’t dislike him – yes I’ve wished him to suck because I hate Jets.  Jets are the worst organization to grow with. They bring in/buy good players and just use them.

Jets, if they haven’t already done that will destroy any hope Sanchez had.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from sfpat. Show sfpat's posts

Mark Sanchez is the best thing to ever happen to the Jets.  He'll be there a long time.  Thank God.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Homecheese. Show Homecheese's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Mark Sanchez's Future With The Jets..... : And excellent time-management.  When the fryer beeps, the French fry boy must leap.
    Posted by chrisakawoody[/QUOTE]

Maybe they can just give him the plunger and he can unclog the toilets no?

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from soups. Show soups's posts

Sanchez would be this bad under any NFL coach.  To his credit, he continues to take whoopings and gets back up.  That's about the only impressive thing about this guy.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

[QUOTE]Sanchez would be this bad under any NFL coach.  To his credit, he continues to take whoopings and gets back up.  That's about the only impressive thing about this guy.
    Posted by soups[/QUOTE]

Yeah I agree with that, he'd fail in any system and truthfully this system is best for him, it protects him/hides him. He does take a hit and get backup, but he's young and should be able to do that.

The guy is not accurate enough to be good, plain and simple. You can't overthrow guys on a fairly consistent basis...you just can't. His arm looks strong enough and he is athletic, but it means nothing if you can't make the right decisions and put it where it's supposed to go. 

Glad he's the Jet's starter, because that team would be good without him. 

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from FishTaco64. Show FishTaco64's posts

Yeah, they have to face facts, with the team they've had the past few years(Defense, WRs, RBs, O-Line, etc.), if they had a QB like say Matt Ryan or Phillip Rivers they would likely have won a Super Bowl. If they had a Tom Brady or Peyton Manning, they would have had legitimate shots at 19-0.

Sections
Shortcuts