Mark Sanchez's Future With The Jets.....

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from DuncanOrange. Show DuncanOrange's posts

Mark Sanchez's Future With The Jets.....

This season (his third as a starter) has proven he's clearly not the long term future of the Jets.   After 50 starts in the NFL, you can get a good idea of what kind of QB you're going to become.     

I think the Jets will keep Sanchez (he has very little trade value) but he'll probably restructure the 8 million he's owed next season.   I'm sure Rex Ryan will try to bring in a veteran QB that can still play a bit (Mark Brunell should be retired) maybe a Kyle Orton or Jason Campbell type that can at least step in if Sanchez struggles early.   Also look for the Jets to draft a QB between the 2nd and 3rd round like the kid out of Houston that at least can give them a hope for the future. 

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ytsejamer1. Show Ytsejamer1's posts

Re: Mark Sanchez's Future With The Jets.....

I wouldn't at all put it past the Jets to go all out and grab Manning if the Colts end up cutting him.  Tom Moore is over there on the offensive side of things and it would give the Jets some instant cred at the position.

All this is only possible if Manning is somehow cut by the Colts because they don't want to give him the $28m or whatever it is.  If that's the case, the Jets wouldn't sign him if he's still not fully recovered.

I'm curious what Sanchez could do with another OC...either way...i don't think he'll be the reason we lose to the Jets over the next couple of years.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from JohnHannahrulz. Show JohnHannahrulz's posts

Tannanbaum and Fat Rex will point to his success in the playoffs right before the Jets brass fires Brian Schottenheimer. You can't fire players, only draft their eventual replacements.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from JohnHannahrulz. Show JohnHannahrulz's posts

Stafford (the other QB in that draft ) is much much better than Sanchez.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from patsbandwagonsince76. Show patsbandwagonsince76's posts

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Paul_K. Show Paul_K's posts

My head says that even Tannenbaum would fire or trade Sanchize.  My heart says nahhh, Tannenbaum the swinging genius will give Sanchize every possible chance.  Did you see how many chances Vernon Gholston got?

7. This post has been removed.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from DuncanOrange. Show DuncanOrange's posts

Sanchez will hang around the league for a while.  He seems like a solid back-up QB option, much better than a Matt Leinhart.    USC QB's haven't really panned out in the Pro's.  Carson Palmer (easily the most polished and talented prospect out of USC) was a solid franchise QB for several years, but he never quite took the next step in his career.  At his best he was a Matt Ryan type talent, not a Manning, Brady, Rodgers, Brees, or even a Phillip Rivers or Eli Manning caliber.   Plus with the way Dalton is winning and playing, Palmer looks even worse as a QB.

Leinhart proved USC QB's benefit from the system and talent at WR.  He's never been able to do anything.  What makes Leinhart look even worse is how Kurt Warner took over the same roster and got them into the Superbowl and put up MVP type numbers. 

Sanchez had one very good season at USC, he could have helped from playing another year, but he also could have been exposed for the QB he really was had he returned.  Coming out was a brilliant move on Sanchez's part, number 5 overall, went to the right team played well enough to become a celebrity, but after 50 career starts, he has yet to take the next step.    

Only time will tell if Matt Barkley becomes the star QB USC has been dying to produce in the NFL. 

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from jimmytantric. Show jimmytantric's posts

I believe myself and many others who post here regurely have stated for a couple of years now that Sancheez is not the QB that will bring the Jests a SB.The reasons being too obvious to state! One last thing- when Sancheez comes out of the closet, I for one will not be suprised-just check out some of the pics circulating of him-he screams of you know what. LMAO

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rocky. Show Rocky's posts

Financials on Mark Sanchez for 2012: $8.5M base salary. $2.75M bonus due later this month. Jets can free about $9M in cap space if cut. 

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from ChasaB. Show ChasaB's posts

In Response to Re: Mark Sanchez's Future With The Jets.....:
    [QUOTE]Sanchez will hang around the league for a while.  He seems like a solid back-up QB option, much better than a Matt Leinhart.  
    Posted by DuncanOrange[/QUOTE]

This is actually not correct, as i have pointed out a few times before.

Leinhart when he had the chance to start has put up better numbers then sanchez. The only difference is that the cardnils didnt have a stellar defense to make up for it. 

Rookie year: Sanchez rating: 63 
                      Leinhart rating: 74

Leinhart has been hurt, and did that horrible "starter musical chairs" with warner, but still maintains a career 71 rating, which is only 2 points lower then sanchez who has had 3 straight years of starting with the same team, same system, with a top 10 defense.

If leinhart was on the jets instead of sanchez, i would be much more worried about playing them.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from DaBlade. Show DaBlade's posts

This is his last season with the Jets. They will give him this last chance I think.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from portfolio1. Show portfolio1's posts

Can't we take up a collection to pay to keep Sanchez starting for the Jets?

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from NYC. Show NYC's posts

Sanchez has shown talent but not consistency. Has he hit a wall he cannot get beyond or can he get to the next level? We'll find out in a year or two. (It took Kurt Warner a long time to develop his skills and Eli is just coming into his own)

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from WeDerrWEDAT. Show WeDerrWEDAT's posts

[QUOTE]Sanchez has shown talent but not consistency. Has he hit a wall he cannot get beyond or can he get to the next level? We'll find out in a year or two. (It took Kurt Warner a long time to develop his skills and Eli is just coming into his own)
    Posted by NYC[/QUOTE]

this is what it comes down to.  Can he be more consistent?  Many QBs had less success than he did his first 3 years and have gone on to do great things.  Look no further than this years SB winning QB. He has all the tools imo, can he put it all together and rise to the next level.  we will see.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from NYC. Show NYC's posts

I don't think that playing in NY/NJ is helping him nor is having come from USC. NY is filled with continual media presence and  pressure and USC has promoted a "golden boy" image that is too easy to get sucked into. Developing as a QB is about talent and working harder than anyone else. Sanchez was too overhyped and he underestimated how difficult it would be to succeed in the NFL and in NY in particular. He is paying now. Will he make it out of the curse of his own ego and immaturity?

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from sporter81. Show sporter81's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Mark Sanchez's Future With The Jets..... : this is what it comes down to.  Can he be more consistent?  Many QBs had less success than he did his first 3 years and have gone on to do great things.  Look no further than this years SB winning QB. He has all the tools imo, can he put it all together and rise to the next level.  we will see.
    Posted by WeDerrWEDAT[/QUOTE]

dude even you have to admit that you definately look like a dork in that picture of yourself sitting on the floor. hit the gym for a couple of years before posting anymore pics of yourself..

18. This post has been removed.