Markus Wheaton

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49Patriots. Show 49Patriots's posts

Markus Wheaton

The Pats need to draft this guy. I originally wanted Da'Rick Rogers, but I'm starting to see a lot of T.O. in Mr. Rogers. He's a very talented, but I can't see BB drafting him. 

My pick for the first WR drafted by the Pats is Markus Wheaton because he's a perfect fit.

- He's 5'11-6'0 and Brady doesn't like throwing to tall WRs. 

- He runs a 4.45 and has the ability to stretch the field as well as any other WR in the draft or in the league. 

- He was a team captain, and we know how much BB loves team captains. He's also a high motor, never gives up on a play/route guy. 

- High football IQ who came from a pro-style offense if college. Has progressed every year in college and had a breakout season his senior year. 

This guy is the most Patriots WR I've ever seen, but to get him at pick 29 would be a reach. He's a pick early-mid 40s pick. I can see the Pats trading back and picking him up, but it would be a shame if we didn't draft this guy. 

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

Re: Markus Wheaton

I see Rogers closer to Ocho (but smarter). I've heard many interviews with him and he seems to have learned his lesson and wants to work hard. We all know before that draft if BB had a 2nd rounder he would have taken Ocho so there is still a good chance he takes Rogers.

Besides Rogers is a fringe 1st round talent who's falling cause of pot and BB loves his falling pot guys. One other thing to note is Rogers is an excellent run blocker vs TO who didn't feel the need to block at all. I'd actually love to have either Rogers, Bailey, or Wheaton but just wanted to jump in and give my perspective on Rogers

3. This post has been removed.

4. This post has been removed.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from FrogLegs. Show FrogLegs's posts

http://www.coldhardfootballfacts.com/content/epic-fail-the-wide-receiver-draft-class-2012/22114/
    ... so please no WR for NE with their first 2 picks.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

In response to FrogLegs' comment:

http://www.coldhardfootballfacts.com/content/epic-fail-the-wide-receiver-draft-class-2012/22114/
    ... so please no WR for NE with their first 2 picks.

Not sure I agree with them. Though there is no real clear cut super star and really no clear #1 WRs in the draft I think it's loaded with #2 and #3 type of WR's, which is something the Pats love. Since the Pats primary receivers moving forward might be Gronk and Hern getting a couple of solid #2 types would be a big benefit to them as a whole, compared to other teams who are looking at #1 type of WR's

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from FrogLegs. Show FrogLegs's posts

In response to PatsEng's comment:

Not sure I agree with them. Though there is no real clear cut super star and really no clear #1 WRs in the draft I think it's loaded with #2 and #3 type of WR's, which is something the Pats love. Since the Pats primary receivers moving forward might be Gronk and Hern getting a couple of solid #2 types would be a big benefit to them as a whole, compared to other teams who are looking at #1 type of WR's

So you agree they should NOT to draft a WR in the 1rst/2nd rnd?

NE was willing to give a 3rd for Sanders so they might use it on a WR. The only pb with that approach is their horrendous result in drafting WRs in later rounds. They better hire Pittsburgh WR scouts... :-)

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from tenace4life. Show tenace4life's posts

" - He's 5'11-6'0 and Brady doesn't like throwing to tall WRs."    ?????

Didn't Brady throw a ton of TD passes to Moss, who certainly is over 6'0!  If they go with a receiver in the first round the guy will be over 6 feet and be able to play outside.

In round 1 they'll pick from  Hunter, Woods, Hopkins and Allen  and if they take a defensive guy then in round 2 they'll pick from T. Williams, Rogers, Swopes or Dobson . . . all 6 feet or better and I think they'll take another 6 foot or better receiver with one of the 7th round picks:  Davis, Wilson, C. Johnson, Rodney Smith or Brice Butler.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from wozzy. Show wozzy's posts

In response to 49Patriots' comment:

The Pats need to draft this guy. I originally wanted Da'Rick Rogers, but I'm starting to see a lot of T.O. in Mr. Rogers. He's a very talented, but I can't see BB drafting him. 

My pick for the first WR drafted by the Pats is Markus Wheaton because he's a perfect fit.

I like Wheaton a lot but I don't get the Brady doesn't like throwing to tall WR's statement?  He certainly liked having Randy Moss, but I'll agree we've had a hard time finding "tall" receivers that could learn our system but the same could be said of average size and shorter guys, it's a hard system to learn.  Da'Rick Rogers might be found later in the draft, physically he might be the most talented WR available in the entire draft with a combination of size and athleticism, the only real problem with him is he is a thug/fool.  Maybe we could end up with both...?  

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

In response to FrogLegs' comment:

So you agree they should NOT to draft a WR in the 1rst/2nd rnd?

NE was willing to give a 3rd for Sanders so they might use it on a WR. The only pb with that approach is their horrendous result in drafting WRs in later rounds. They better hire Pittsburgh WR scouts... :-)

Early 2nd I agree but with #59 I think they could take one. We are basically talking about a 3rd round pick at that point. But, if they trade back to middle of 2nd yeah that might be pushing it for where I'd want to take a WR

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49Patriots. Show 49Patriots's posts

In response to tenace4life's comment:

Didn't Brady throw a ton of TD passes to Moss, who certainly is over 6'0!  If they go with a receiver in the first round the guy will be over 6 feet and be able to play outside.

In round 1 they'll pick from  Hunter, Woods, Hopkins and Allen  and if they take a defensive guy then in round 2 they'll pick from T. Williams, Rogers, Swopes or Dobson . . . all 6 feet or better and I think they'll take another 6 foot or better receiver with one of the 7th round picks:  Davis, Wilson, C. Johnson, Rodney Smith or Brice Butler.

Moss and Gaffney were the only 6'0+ WRs we've ever had. 

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49Patriots. Show 49Patriots's posts

In response to wozzy's comment:

I like Wheaton a lot but I don't get the Brady doesn't like throwing to tall WR's statement?  He certainly liked having Randy Moss, but I'll agree we've had a hard time finding "tall" receivers that could learn our system but the same could be said of average size and shorter guys, it's a hard system to learn.  Da'Rick Rogers might be found later in the draft, physically he might be the most talented WR available in the entire draft with a combination of size and athleticism, the only real problem with him is he is a thug/fool.  Maybe we could end up with both...?  

Highly dubious, Jerry Jones drafted Dez Bryant in round 1 and Rogers seems, to me at least, like a better prospect than Bryant. I can't see Rogers making it to the 3rd. 

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Salcon. Show Salcon's posts

I said on another discussion that if there is a very good defensive player available at 29 then take him.  

Whether it's an edge rusher, good interior lineman that can collapse the pocket and pressure the qb, a good corner or safety.  Take one before a wideout.

As pateng said there are alot of potential #2 and 3 wideouts in this draft but hardly any clear cut #1's. 

One could be found in the second round.

Also, it has to be a certain wideout that can learn the offense with the added ability to read Brady's mind otherwise, one or two wrong routes ran and he'll never see another ball thrown his away again.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbruu. Show bredbruu's posts

I see Rogers closer to Ocho (but smarter). I've heard many interviews with him and he seems to have learned his lesson and wants to work hard. We all know before that draft if BB had a 2nd rounder he would have taken Ocho so there is still a good chance he takes Rogers.

Besides Rogers is a fringe 1st round talent who's falling cause of pot and BB loves his falling pot guys. One other thing to note is Rogers is an excellent run blocker vs TO who didn't feel the need to block at all. I'd actually love to have either Rogers, Bailey, or Wheaton but just wanted to jump in and give my perspective on Rogers

been riding rogers all along. prefer a double dip at big outside wr. maybe chales jonshon also in 7th

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbruu. Show bredbruu's posts

In response to wozzy's comment:

Highly dubious, Jerry Jones drafted Dez Bryant in round 1 and Rogers seems, to me at least, like a better prospect than Bryant. I can't see Rogers making it to the 3rd. 

yeah late 2nd early third to be safe

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbruu. Show bredbruu's posts

In response to tenace4life's comment:

damn this aintg working lately.

we shoudl ge tde in rd 1 werenre, carradine, okafor, hunt

in rd 2 rogers, dobson, t willimas, woods

rd 7 c johnson.

rogers and johsnon preferred.

rd 3 defense cb or speed lb or dt or safety

Sections
Shortcuts