Maroney Bashers: BenJarvus had 7 carries for 6 yards

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from pyegian. Show pyegian's posts

Maroney Bashers: BenJarvus had 7 carries for 6 yards

Averaged less that 1 yard per carry, while Maroney averaged almost 3.5.

I'm not hating on BenJarvus, I like him, but I find it hilarious when "fans" will use any opportunity to bash Maroney for no reason, when there was clearly nowhere to run the ball against Tampa today.

Maroney ran hard today.  He was often hit by 2 people at or behind the line or scrimmage, and managed to push forward for a gain of 2-3 yards.

Maroney has danced in the past, but not the last 2 weeks.  Come on, use some common sense before placing incorrect blame on someone you love to hate.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Macrawn. Show Macrawn's posts

Re: Maroney Bashers: BenJarvus had 7 carries for 6 yards

People may not like Maroney, but the Lawfirm is clearly not the answer. 

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from zbellino. Show zbellino's posts

I think Bob Ryan described Law Firm perfectly. He is a safe 3.5. He puts his head down and runs forward.

That said, Maroney is better than BJGE, which is why he is starting.

Maroney takes too many looks. As a runner you get two looks (rarely three) and then go. Despite what people here think, coaches don't want a runner who simply puts his head down and charges, Maroney just needs to be a little more decisive.

The bad thing is that Maroney wasn't good enough this season to beat out Fred Taylor, which means something as well. It just doesn't mean that BJGE is the answer.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from sportsbozo1. Show sportsbozo1's posts

BJGE may not be the answer but in the same breath the same can be said for Baloney,he took himself out of several runs by juking at the line of scrimage!Last week he was more decisive this week he had the deer in the head lights thing going on again..Too bad both Morris and Taylor went down,they both are clearly better options than Baloney or BJGE,Faulk is what he is!!

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from One-If-By-Sea. Show One-If-By-Sea's posts

In Response to Re: Maroney Bashers: BenJarvus had 7 carries for 6 yards:
    The bad thing is that Maroney wasn't good enough this season to beat out Fred Taylor, which means something as well. It just doesn't mean that BJGE is the answer.Posted by zbellino

The good news is that Fred Taylor when healthy is a great running back and that maroney lost out not for physical reasons. It was obvious today when Maroney was running the ball versus BJGE. Both have the long hair, but Maroney is bigger and quicker.

BJGE looked great in pre-season, so did Nunn. 7 carries for 6 yards against the Bucs makes you think that Nunn's competition was not so stiff.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Justin-R. Show Justin-R's posts

The problem with Maroney is that he was picked in the first round.  If he was an undrafted free agent like BJGE we would all be singing his praises... or at least not being so critical.  But BJGE is about as good a fill in as one could hope for.  Maroney may be better but will always be compared to what could have been acquired in the first round. 

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from K-max. Show K-max's posts

The problem with Maroney is that he was picked in the first round.  If he was an undrafted free agent like BJGE we would all be singing his praises... or at least not being so critical.  But BJGE is about as good a fill in as one could hope for.  Maroney may be better but will always be compared to what could have been acquired in the first round. 
    Posted by Justin-R

Well said Justin.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from carawaydj. Show carawaydj's posts

This tells us BJGE may not be the answer either.  It does not tell us Maroney is a stud.  I think everyone agrees that Maroney has a ton of "potential".  However, the word "potential" should describe rookies and 2nd year players, not RB's in their 4th season.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from 4Adam13. Show 4Adam13's posts

What the hel l does Maroney tip toeing through the daisies have to do with BJGE? Maroney s ucks.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from bobomul. Show bobomul's posts

What the hel l does Maroney tip toeing through the daisies have to do with BJGE? Maroney s ucks.
    Posted by 4Adam13

Maybe, but then BJGE S UCKS HARDER!

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Payment84. Show Payment84's posts

How many chances has Law Firm had to show what he can do...?  Not as many as Maroney!  I agreed with zbell's conclusion about Maroney, I just disagree about BJGE being any less of a runner.  I think he can bring a solid run game to NE, granted he needs to perform better in RBs other non-running aspects, picking up blitzes, etc.  I know everyone defended Maroney saying he needs to get in a rhythm and not just get 5-10 touches a game, one bad outing doesn't ruin this guy!  BJGE played well against the Titans and had a less then stellar game tonight, but with only two chances to shine, and only three backs available, I'm still predicting for him to break out...

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Patsdynasty1. Show Patsdynasty1's posts

It was only one for BJG fellas calm down. You can't base if he belongs in the league from 1 game. 7 carries is not enough to show anything. Relax Pats won 35-7 or did you forget. This is a long season SB are not won in October and since you are a Pats fan you should know that by now!

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from unclealfie. Show unclealfie's posts

This tells us BJGE may not be the answer either.  It does not tell us Maroney is a stud.  I think everyone agrees that Maroney has a ton of "potential".  However, the word "potential" should describe rookies and 2nd year players, not RB's in their 4th season.
    Posted by carawaydj

Yogi said that "all potential means is that you haven't done sh*t yet".

That pretty much says it all about maroney baloney. another tony eason as far as i'm concerned.

Time to cut our losses. Our #1 priority in the 2010 draft should be a stud RB.

14. This post has been removed.

15. This post has been removed.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Footballhero. Show Footballhero's posts

In Response to Re: Maroney Bashers: BenJarvus had 7 carries for 6 yards : You're a moron. Eason was the best QB they had until Brady.  Eason was also ruined by the Pats' doctor who put a cast on his arm incorrectly.  It cost him his career in all likelihood.  Eason DID get us to our first Super Bowl and he laid a perfect touchdown pass in Morgan's hands in the Super Bowl, but Morgan dropped it. We have a stud RB already.  Now go away.
    Posted by Patsfansince1966

I totally agree!!!

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from msniii. Show msniii's posts

eason was better than bledsoe?, better than grogan? wow you really are clueless. best of my knowledge bledsoe has helped us get to 2 super bowls, and he has 1 ring. 

who is this stud running back?
    fred taylor is old and injured

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from flip781. Show flip781's posts

Thanks msnii  Your statements couldn't be truer !!This 66 fool calls everyone else a moron and so far he's the only one on this forum that qualifies for that name !!
    Why is it on every forum there's an idiot !!!

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from hoochiemgg. Show hoochiemgg's posts

Msniii you got it right. This guy is smoking something from 1966. You did fail to mention another Patriot QB that was better. Babe Parilli. In 1964 he threw 31 TD's and for over 3400 yards which was the year after he led them to the AFL's Eastern Conference Championship. Played for several teams including the Packers but played for the Boston Patriots for seven years. Many of his passes were caught by none other than fan favorite Gino Cappelletti.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from hoochiemgg. Show hoochiemgg's posts

In the 85-86 season Tony Eason was hurt after game 5 and the Pats had a 2-3 record. Grogan came in and won 6 strait games. Eason returned and finished 3-2.
    The Pats were 5-5 with Eason but finished 11-5 because of Grogan. If Eason didn't get hurt, Pats more than likely wouldn't have made the playoffs as their 11-5 record gave them a wild card along with the 11-5 Jets. Miami won the division at 12-4. Although Eason did start and win the three playoff games many fans wanted Grogan to play in the Superbowl. Neither Eason or Grogan could do much against the Bears 46 defense but Eason was replaced because he looked confused out there not because of any injury. To say he led them to their first Superbowl is somewhat misleading.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Davedsone. Show Davedsone's posts

O.K.  WHATEVER BJGE does isn't related to Moroney leaving yardage on the field.  "MY" Lawrence is the one that was running with Corey Dillon- stiffarming guys, slashing through LBs, AND HITTING THE HOLE AND PLOWING THROUGH.  Not dancy-pants.  The biggest issue with him for me is that I have seen him run better, and he is physically gifted, but he does this thing at the line of scrimmage that makes me nuts.  Watch Kevin Faulk....picks his hole, and goes, doesnt stop at the line, and wait for a hole to appear.  Once you are there, you MUST move and not shift from foot to foot.  I don't think Moroney suks.  I think he has an awful habit, and its killing us.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from HOTBLITZ. Show HOTBLITZ's posts

I'm on the fence with Maroney. However he is our best option right now.

Funny thing is if and when he leaves NE, I'll put money down he lights it up wherever he goes.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Tnutts. Show Tnutts's posts

Here is the biggest problem with the run game. The O-line does not block well on the run. Look at how many times during the game a Pats RB got hit in the back field. And that was against the worst run D in the NFL. You could have Walter Payton back there and it wouldnt be any better if he were being hit by 3 guys before the line of scrimage

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from murghkhor. Show murghkhor's posts

I read Maroney said after the London game that he was disappointed with his 3.5 avg and that next game he's ready to get his head down and hit the whole hard and do some real downhill running and that now he's ready to bring it!

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from mjxg. Show mjxg's posts

I think everyone's point was "Put in BJGE is Maroney is doing bad. He's done well enough to deserve a shot at getting more experience and giving us possibly another chance to run the ball well", not "BJGE has has less chances and we know he's a better all-around back".

That being said, Tate is the best back from the weekend. He averaged 11ypc :)

Sections
Shortcuts