Maroney Bashers: BenJarvus had 7 carries for 6 yards

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from 617AcrossDaBoard. Show 617AcrossDaBoard's posts

Re: Maroney Bashers: BenJarvus had 7 carries for 6 yards

Its Fair to say that Maroney hasn't lived up to expectations so far but the same excuse we make for BJGE could be made for Maroney.  What we consider feature backs in today's game carry the ball 20-25 times a game and even 30+ times when they're in a rythm.

That's not Maroney. Well, at least I don't think so, but i haven't seen enough to draw that conclusion.  What i have seen from Maroney that keeps me somewhat supportive of him is he is a great compliment to a power back ala Corey Dillon.  #39 dances ALOT in the backfield and its sickening!  But plug him in on any other NFL team who scheme blocks in their running game and you have a star at best and at worst a healthy leon washington. 

You gotta give him the rock even when he's not performing because on those same runs Morris gets 8-12 yards Maroney's liable to take it the distance.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from sonieboy. Show sonieboy's posts

In Response to Maroney Bashers: BenJarvus had 7 carries for 6 yards:
    [QUOTE]Averaged less that 1 yard per carry, while Maroney averaged almost 3.5. I'm not hating on BenJarvus, I like him, but I find it hilarious when "fans" will use any opportunity to bash Maroney for no reason, when there was clearly nowhere to run the ball against Tampa today. Maroney ran hard today.  He was often hit by 2 people at or behind the line or scrimmage, and managed to push forward for a gain of 2-3 yards. Maroney has danced in the past, but not the last 2 weeks.  Come on, use some common sense before placing incorrect blame on someone you love to hate.
    Posted by pyegian[/QUOTE] You need to go back to the home page click onto sports-click onto patriots- click onto statistics -Scroll down to RBS.
    Maroney 7 games 61 carries 265 yards 4.34 average.
    BJGE      4 games 14 carries   73 yards 5.21 average
    This is a great format.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from ConcordWiggin. Show ConcordWiggin's posts

When a home team booooos a starter, no one can deny that the player "hears" the displeasure of the fans.  Maybe, just maybe, the complaints against Maroney have helped him (finally) start producing truly valuable yards and plays.

I was one of those BJGE praisers (after seeing him in that last pre-season game against the NYG).  I am man enough to confess that I was quite disappointed at his runs in these past two games.  I think they are both keepers. 

Maroney and GJGE had both better hope that Faulk doesn't get in good enough shape to be on the field for 1st and 2nd down plays!!  If I were on defense against the Pats, I'd feel ok going after the smaller BJGE and the not-always-smart Maroney.  But Faulk is just a frickin beast who gets whatever yards are needed!

And Morris will be back soon.

Go PATS!!!!!!!!!!

Sections
Shortcuts