MARONEY HAS 3 FUMBLES IN HIS ENTIRE CAREER!

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from choircontrarian. Show choircontrarian's posts

MARONEY HAS 3 FUMBLES IN HIS ENTIRE CAREER!

he picked bad times for #2 and #3 but the guy still has some potential in the nfl! hard running young kid who doesnt fumble isnt a total bust yet!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from slapointe1232. Show slapointe1232's posts

Re: MARONEY HAS 2 FUMBLES IN HIS ENTIRE CAREER!

I agree.  I'm from Minnesota, so I follow the Vikings and Adrian Peterson, who most refer to as the best back in the league, cannot keep the ball in his hands.  Last game he fumbled twice. Maroney's fumbled twice in his career. Gotta give the guy some credit.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from PeaceLaur. Show PeaceLaur's posts

In Response to MARONEY HAS 2 FUMBLES IN HIS ENTIRE CAREER!:
    he picked a bad time for #2 but the guy still has some potential in the nfl! hard running young kid who doesnt fumble isnt a total bust yet!
    Posted by choircontrarian

You definitely have a point there. He usually has very good hands.

The fumble actuslly didn't bother me as much as the 2.4 yards per carry average for the game, though. They need more production than that. I know that the Patriots O-line are much more oriented towards pass protection, but Kevin Faulk was working with the same line as Maroney that night and managed a 6.6 yards per carry average, so I think it's fair to expect more.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from SeanRoberts. Show SeanRoberts's posts

Game in and game out, year in and year out, the most consistent aspect of Maroney's play is the annoyance it produces, not the production.  Until he consistently satisfies the expectations fans have of both his 1st round status and of his own promises, he will continue to be criticized.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from tompenny. Show tompenny's posts

Face it. He's an underacheiver. We could have had Deangelo Williams instead. Those are the breaks. Everyone thought he had the potentional to be a great back but unfortunetly it hasn't panned out that way. Injury bug that apparently has  turned into being tenative when running has made him an average back.

Ben Watson is a frreak of nature and it's the same deal. He should be much better than he is too.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from oklahomapatriot. Show oklahomapatriot's posts

when he can bull rush like marion barber, i'll consider him the real deal. right now he's a dancer, adequate, but not consistently reliable. he shuld have known they were desperate nd would try to pull the ball oout, bury your shulder and hold on with two hands.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from TrueChamp. Show TrueChamp's posts

In Response to Re: MARONEY HAS 2 FUMBLES IN HIS ENTIRE CAREER!:
    In Response to MARONEY HAS 2 FUMBLES IN HIS ENTIRE CAREER! : You definitely have a point there. He usually has very good hands. The fumble actuslly didn't bother me as much as the 2.4 yards per carry average for the game, though. They need more production than that. I know that the Patriots O-line are much more oriented towards pass protection, but Kevin Faulk was working with the same line as Maroney that night and managed a 6.6 yards per carry average, so I think it's fair to expect more.
    Posted by PeaceLaur

Faulk was effective out of passing formations(took them by surprise) We ran Maroney out of straight run formations every time and our line produced very liitle room. It was like an open book every time we brought Maroney into run.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from K-max. Show K-max's posts

This thread has got to be a joke.  How many 100 yard games has Mr. wonderful had in his 4 year career 15 - 20?  How many 1000 yard seasons?

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from TrueChamp. Show TrueChamp's posts

This thread has got to be a joke.  How many 100 yard games has Mr. wonderful had in his 4 year career 15 - 20?  How many 1000 yard seasons?
    Posted by K-max

How many times has he been the a "Work Load Back" ? Zero. Some fans think that to live up to your respective "Draft Status" you required to have 1000 yard seasons with multiple 100 yard rushing games. Maroney is nothing more then just a piece to a puzzle. If DeAngelo Williams or Marion Barber were on the Patriot team then yes they would be good but they would be different players then they are now. With Tom Brady Moss and Welker on the same team no running back will be getting 30 carries a game.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from dafoe. Show dafoe's posts

It's easier to hold onto the ball when you are running away from contact 95% of the time. Face it. Maroney is useless.

If we have a NFL caliber back we win the Colts game by 2 or 3 touchdowns.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49Patriots. Show 49Patriots's posts

The second one came at the worst possible time. Fred might be ready in time for the Saints' game. 

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from prairiemike. Show prairiemike's posts

When I say "Ernest Byner," what's the first thing that pops into your head?

Byner was a serviceable, consistent, dependable back with a productive career.

But that's not the first thing you thought of . . .

was it?

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from PeaceLaur. Show PeaceLaur's posts

In Response to Re: MARONEY HAS 2 FUMBLES IN HIS ENTIRE CAREER! : Faulk was effective out of passing formations(took them by surprise) We ran Maroney out of straight run formations every time and our line produced very liitle room. It was like an open book every time we brought Maroney into run.
    Posted by TrueChamp

Okay, true, there were plays where he was given absolutely nowhere to go. I also saw several plays where he hesitated -- seemingly because he thought he could get more yardage by moving around laterally or because he was shying away from contact -- and he was promptly wrapped up. He has the physical tools to be a more productive back, but a lack of decisiveness on his part has been a big problem.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from TrueChamp. Show TrueChamp's posts

In Response to Re: MARONEY HAS 2 FUMBLES IN HIS ENTIRE CAREER! : Okay, true, there were plays where he was given absolutely nowhere to go. I also saw several plays where he hesitated -- seemingly because he thought he could get more yardage by moving around laterally or because he was shying away from contact -- and he was promptly wrapped up. He has the physical tools to be a more productive back, but a lack of decisiveness on his part has been a big problem.
    Posted by PeaceLaur

Yeah Im not saying he's perfect but if it was not for his elusiveness there were also 2 plays that he turned no gain for a 1st. One was a broken play where he juked and beat his man to the edge (something no other rb on our team has the capability to do) I have said it before look at his #s over his 2 and a half year career, when he has had the "Opportunity" to get the ball 15 -20 times and the majority of the time he has been productive.

The O-line is not scaring the defense in run formations. There is no doubt about it. Use Maroney out of passing formations like we do Faulk. Put him in the flat he has good hands and protects Brady well. Put him and Faulk in the backfield together. Mix it up and keep the defense guessing. We are becoming predictable again and its not a good thing.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from 617AcrossDaBoard. Show 617AcrossDaBoard's posts

I find myself protecting Maroney entirely too much.. The kid has talent though. In a weird way i hope he goes on to have the career we all know he is capable of... on another team.

Reason being all he goes through here in New England. I believe Maroney has top back talent but he doesn't play in the kind of system that caters to a "top back." Send Maroney to Pittsburg, Denver, or even Indy and see if he doesn't dominate.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mike-J-D. Show Mike-J-D's posts

big players make big plays in big games.  Maroney may get a century against Tennessee but fumble away a ball on the goal line against the Colts.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from K-max. Show K-max's posts

"when he has had the "Opportunity" to get the ball 15 -20 times and the majority of the time he has been productive."

How in the world do you give a RB the ball 15-20 time when he's only getting 31 yards on 13.

He's not good or productive enough to earn 15-20 carries a game.  See the correlation?

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from prolate0spheroid. Show prolate0spheroid's posts

I've criticized Maroney and his dancing in the past, but he's actually been running pretty well the past three games or so.  I'm feeling more optimistic about him.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from TrueChamp. Show TrueChamp's posts

"when he has had the "Opportunity" to get the ball 15 -20 times and the majority of the time he has been productive."   How in the world do you give a RB the ball 15-20 time when he's only getting 31 yards on 13. He's not good or productive enough to earn 15-20 carries a game.  See the correlation?
    Posted by K-max

If you can take the time to copy and paste the box score stats then surely you can take the time to look at Maroneys #s throughout his short career with us and see that he has had a positive impact on our success.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from nastee. Show nastee's posts

So his second fumble led to the Colts getting a TD?

NO, actually it led to the Colts punting and Welker getting a great return which led to a TD...

I don't wanna see him fumble like the next guy but it did no harm...you can't just add the points to the score...after the series of plays we scored.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rodimus77. Show Rodimus77's posts

This guy has to go. Period. He is a bust. He is useless on this team.  The fact that Deangelo Williams was still available when BB drafted this dancing clown continues to drive me insane with frustration. I hope BB drops this cancer and gets a true Half-Back either by the Draft or Free Agency.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from prairiemike. Show prairiemike's posts

So his second fumble led to the Colts getting a TD? NO, actually it led to the Colts punting and Welker getting a great return which led to a TD... I don't wanna see him fumble like the next guy but it did no harm...you can't just add the points to the score...after the series of plays we scored.
    Posted by nastee

This right here is an important thing to remember. The Pats shut Indy down, forced a punt, and drove for a touchdown after Maroney's fumble. You can't simply assume that, had Maroney scored, the Pats would have three-and-outed the Colts on the next drive and gone in again.

Our dear friend, underdogg(g) was in here Monday squawking about how, if you took all the big plays out of the Pats offense, the Colts would have killed them.

Well . . .

yeah.

Sure they would have.

But it doesn't work that way. You can't simply assume that if you negate one thing, that all other ensuing things still follow automatically.

Did I already say it doesn't work that way?

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from BubbaInHawaii. Show BubbaInHawaii's posts

In Response to MARONEY HAS 2 FUMBLES IN HIS ENTIRE CAREER!:
    he picked a bad time for #2 but the guy still has some potential in the nfl! hard running young kid who doesnt fumble isnt a total bust yet!
    Posted by choircontrarian

and Bill Buckner was a .289 and had 100 RBIs in 1986 for the Red Sox. Guess what he is known for :)

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from BubbaInHawaii. Show BubbaInHawaii's posts

In Response to Re: MARONEY HAS 2 FUMBLES IN HIS ENTIRE CAREER! : This right here is an important thing to remember. The Pats shut Indy down, forced a punt, and drove for a touchdown after Maroney's fumble. You can't simply assume that, had Maroney scored, the Pats would have three-and-outed the Colts on the next drive and gone in again. Our dear friend, underdogg(g) was in here Monday squawking about how, if you took all the big plays out of the Pats offense, the Colts would have killed them. Well . . . yeah. Sure they would have. But it doesn't work that way. You can't simply assume that if you negate one thing, that all other ensuing things still follow automatically. Did I already say it doesn't work that way?
    Posted by prairiemike

agreed, sort of.  Basically, it's a moot point - because what might have happened if he HAD scored is all speculation.  Maybe the touchdown would have caused a huge momentum change in favor of the PATS AND demoralized the Colts to the point where they couldn't come back.....again, all speculation.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from kinger56. Show kinger56's posts

Make that three.

I'm sure he's a decent human being, but I am really starting to dislike him as a player.

Sections
Shortcuts