Maroney is ready to run hard!

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Achainsaw. Show Achainsaw's posts

Maroney is ready to run hard!

Anyone read that article? He says he's gonna run hard. BJGE runs hard. Sammy Morris runs hard. Fred Taylor runs hard. Kevin Faulk runs hard. And ironically, they're not telling anyone, they're just doing it.

Puzzling situation

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ritchie-az. Show Ritchie-az's posts

Re: Maroney is ready to run hard!

Perhaps this is his way of saying he's not hurt and ready to go.

I hope he does run hard.
    But I don't think the Patriots will have a lot of success on the ground. They'll win through the air.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from prairiemike. Show prairiemike's posts

Well . . .  as the man said, if I've learned anything, there's a first time for everything.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rodimus77. Show Rodimus77's posts

Maybe he meant to say the "running man"...like the actual dance.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from unclealfie. Show unclealfie's posts

so, what's he been doing up to this point?

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from tompenny. Show tompenny's posts

It doesn't matter who runs hard tommorow. It's all on Brady. Nobody has run well against the Raven in like 2 years.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from PurpleKoolaid. Show PurpleKoolaid's posts

In Response to Re: Maroney is ready to run hard!:
    It doesn't matter who runs hard tommorow. It's all on Brady. Nobody has run well against the Raven in like 2 years.
    Posted by tompenny

The Ravens have not allowed a 100 yard rusher something like 38 straight regular season games. The next closest is Minnessota with something like 26 games. Don't expect that trend to change tomorrow. Adrian Peterson might have a chance against the Ravens, but I doubt he can either. Brady is not as good as he used to be. It could be the knee, or it could be that the whole team is not as good as they used to be. They haven't really done much to improve, while the Ravens have improved at every position. It will be a fun game to watch.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from superfxb. Show superfxb's posts

It's true Maroney will end up having a big game and then so will Faulk and Morris and Taylor. Sometimes I think the RB by commitee can be great keeping totally fresh legs in at all times but there seems to be a lack of a groove or rhythm.I hope someone really steps up and takes this position. 

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from PurpleKoolaid. Show PurpleKoolaid's posts

In Response to Maroney is ready to run hard!:
    Anyone read that article? He says he's gonna run hard. BJGE runs hard. Sammy Morris runs hard. Fred Taylor runs hard. Kevin Faulk runs hard. And ironically, they're not telling anyone, they're just doing it. Puzzling situation
    Posted by Achainsaw

Don't star Maroney on your fantasy team. Being ready to run hard is one thing, but actually doing it is another. Many more running backs in the past 2-3 years have been ready to run hard against the Ravens, but not one has had any notable success. The closest on to 100 yard rusher was Chris Johnson in the playoffs, but he got hurt and left the game.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from PurpleKoolaid. Show PurpleKoolaid's posts

It's true Maroney will end up having a big game and then so will Faulk and Morris and Taylor. Sometimes I think the RB by commitee can be great keeping totally fresh legs in at all times but there seems to be a lack of a groove or rhythm.I hope someone really steps up and takes this position. 
    Posted by superfxb

"It's true Maroney will end up having a big game" !!!!!

Really? Perhaps you should use, "it is possible" instead. The last running back that thought he was going to have a good game against the Ravens was Mendenhall of the Steelers. Ray Lewis broke his shoulder on his first carry of the game and put him out for the season.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from EnochRoot. Show EnochRoot's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Maroney is ready to run hard! : "It's true Maroney will end up having a big game" !!!!! Really? Perhaps you should use, "it is possible" instead. The last running back that thought he was going to have a good game against the Ravens was Mendenhall of the Steelers. Ray Lewis broke his shoulder on his first carry of the game and put him out for the season.
    Posted by PurpleKoolaid[/QUOTE]

When talking to the NFL after the game, Ray Ray denied there was any "bounty" on Mendenhall. Bart Scott stated that Ray Ray should have his name changed to Ray Ray Lightbringer.

Ray Ray then settled with Mendenhall out of court. The funny thing is, Mendenhall never sued him. It is just Ray Ray's instinctual reaction to pay up.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Tcal2.. Show Tcal2.'s posts

I've been ready for 4 years.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from rezadude. Show rezadude's posts

Let's see. The running game wont work against the Ravens. That means kiss play action goodbye. Brady will be throwing short passes and hoping for run afterthe catch. This is actually something maroney and morris have shown they can do ...

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonSportsFan111. Show BostonSportsFan111's posts

In thi game, spread the field, short quick passes and control the clock. Back to the 2003 Pats until Welker is fully healthy and Brady gets his feet back under him. Then back to the '07 Pats for the second half of the season. Everything will be fine.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Irkillendem. Show Irkillendem's posts

Maroney's game isn't about running hard, he finds the cut back lanes then turns on the after burners.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from One-If-By-Sea. Show One-If-By-Sea's posts

[QUOTE]In thi game, spread the field, short quick passes and control the clock. Back to the 2003 Pats until Welker is fully healthy and Brady gets his feet back under him. Then back to the '07 Pats for the second half of the season. Everything will be fine.
    Posted by BostonSportsFan111[/QUOTE]

Maroney is the only one talking - and they have to say something. Galloway is at least smart enough to shut up and try to show it on the field. Is that a good sign?

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from patsfaninpa420. Show patsfaninpa420's posts

if Maroney lives up to his word, he'll end up on the IR, just sayin

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from viewer222. Show viewer222's posts

[QUOTE]if Maroney lives up to his word, he'll end up on the IR, just sayin
    Posted by patsfaninpa420[/QUOTE]
    The Pats need all 5 RBs activated for this game.
    True noone has had a big game against them since Larry Johnson 2 years ago.
    But 5 backs being continually rotated will wear their defense down. This will expose the achilles heel of the Ravens defense.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Belenus555. Show Belenus555's posts

Maroney is ready to run hard?

I'll believe it when I see it!

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Yapple. Show Yapple's posts

I suppose this means he'll gain one yard instead of being tackled in the backfield.