Maroney latest....

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from EASON11. Show EASON11's posts

Re: Maroney latest....

he always run better out of the shotgun formation..........

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Davedsone. Show Davedsone's posts

Wow.  Bet when they went to put him in the cruiser, he wouldn't go through the door, he just danced around and ran into the side of the vehicle.....

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from NOISE. Show NOISE's posts

haha - too funny davedsone but prob true...lol

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from JimfromFlorida. Show JimfromFlorida's posts

The headline is pure BS if you read the whole article.
    Far too many will run with just the headline.
    Yes he was arrested and he had a gun.
    He told the officer about the gun before they searched the car.
    He and his friends were arrested because there was an incident with another car and he had a gun.Even though the incident did not involve him.
    Once the license was shown he was let go and charges were dropped.
    Headlines make it look like he is another NFL criminal and apparently that is not true.
    Too bad people who are considered public figures can't sue for defamation and libel like non public figures
    As usually the media makes something out of nothing.
    Basically to make people buy their crap.

Man I really hate most of the media as much as I hate the politicians in DC.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatFanInBA2. Show PatFanInBA2's posts

In Response to Re: Maroney latest....:
    [QUOTE]The headline is pure BS if you read the whole article. Far too many will run with just the headline. Yes he was arrested and he had a gun. He told the officer about the gun before they searched the car. He and his friends were arrested because there was an incident with another car and he had a gun.Even though the incident did not involve him. Once the license was shown he was let go and charges were dropped. Headlines make it look like he is another NFL criminal and apparently that is not true. Too bad people who are considered public figures can't sue for defamation and libel like non public figures As usually the media makes something out of nothing. Basically to make people buy their crap. Man I really hate most of the media as much as I hate the politicians in DC.
    Posted by JimfromFlorida[/QUOTE]

not nearly as much as I hate the group of scum bags that go under the name of Jets !

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from bingobilly. Show bingobilly's posts

As a "professional" athlete Maroney and all other professional athletes have no business having or being in the presence of weapons and drugs no matter what the situation, license or not!

Anyone involved in this activity should be banned from professional sports for life no exceptions. 

7. This post has been removed.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from magicalhobo. Show magicalhobo's posts

[QUOTE]As a "professional" athlete Maroney and all other professional athletes have no business having or being in the presence of weapons and drugs no matter what the situation, license or not! Anyone involved in this activity should be banned from professional sports for life no exceptions. 
    Posted by bingobilly[/QUOTE]
    Why should laws be any different for them than for us? They are citizens, and if they want to have a license to carry a concealed weapon then let them have it. I personally wouldn't want one, but it isn't against the law.

I'm sort of with you on the drugs part though. I think it depends on the drug, but a lifetime ban is a little harsh for pot. If Maroney was caught with a pound of heroin and a gun w/o a license then sure, ban him for life. I really don't see this being a huge issue, though. It was bad judgement, but not "ban for life" worthy.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from JimfromFlorida. Show JimfromFlorida's posts

He has a legal right to have a gun. As for the drugs he did not have any drugs on him or in the car.
    PLEASE read the whole article and what really happened.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from ictkspatriot. Show ictkspatriot's posts

[QUOTE]Anyone, athlete or not, having a gun should be banned from life.
    Posted by Patsfansince1966[/QUOTE]

Are you for real?

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from p-mike. Show p-mike's posts

Without getting into a big harangue about the wisdom of riding around armed, whether it's legal or not, I think if you want to charge Maroney with something here, how about copyright infringement on that Pippi Longstocking 'do?

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from nomadfan. Show nomadfan's posts

Did not realize until I saw the picture that Maroney was little red riding hood.

Sections
Shortcuts