Maroney not starting!!!

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from themightypatriotz. Show themightypatriotz's posts

Maroney not starting!!!

Ding d*ng Maroney's gone!

Laughing

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from MatildaWanna. Show MatildaWanna's posts

Re: Maroney not starting!!!

Do you think maybe he has a cold?

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

I think he's going to be involved in some sort of trade, by watching our defense last year and this preseason, I'd have to say it may involve players on that side of the ball. Of course realisticlly you'll probably get in return a half used roll of tape for the guy. 

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Coolguy55220. Show Coolguy55220's posts

I think he is locked in as a 2 or 3 RB commitee of fred taylor and lawrence maroney... Morris + Benny are getting carries because one of them will be cut.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Tcal2. Show Tcal2's posts

I hope he's gone.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from NOISE. Show NOISE's posts

means nothing.  He & Taylor will be your 1/2 2/1 starting RB's week 1.  Maroney is in a contract yr as well - they wouldn't get rid of him at this point.  Run for the $$ Lawrence! and we'll see you on another team next yr and we'll select Mark Ingram from Bama with Oak's pick next yr. lol.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsRfineIn09. Show PatsRfineIn09's posts

It's a long season, they are keeping him fresh.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from garytx. Show garytx's posts

Writing Maroney off is foolish.  There aren't going to be any trades.  They are rare unless its for draft picks.  Maroney is the only sturdy back we have.  It's a long season and you may not like Maroney but right now the Pats need him.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from TrueChamp. Show TrueChamp's posts

Mighty.............Foolish. Maroney will lead us in rush yards......again. With the stable of rb's we have BB and staff might limit LM to 160 carries  in order to sign him at a discount in 2011. Otherwise he gets 230 carries 1000 yards,10 tds and then UH OH we no longer have a legitimate running back.

Hate Maroney all you want. Might as well hate Kevin Faulk they're both filling a role.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from NYPats. Show NYPats's posts

Somebody had to work in the parking lot.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from ewhite1065. Show ewhite1065's posts

Our first string defense didn't Play last night either but I look forward to seeing them against Cinci.
    Wink

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from rolltide1963. Show rolltide1963's posts

In Response to Re: Maroney not starting!!!:
    I think he is locked in as a 2 or 3 RB commitee of fred taylor and lawrence maroney... Morris + Benny are getting carries because one of them will be cut.
    Posted by Coolguy55220

This is the most likely reality in the Patriot Backfield.  Taylor & Maroney will be the backs splitting the running laod with Faulk delivering his usual 3rd down & situational use.  Either Morris or Green-Ellis will be cut or moved for a late rd pick to a team needing to augment thier backfield depth.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from btownteamsrking. Show btownteamsrking's posts

Sammy Morris should never be the feature RB.  There is no potential there at all.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

means nothing.  He & Taylor will be your 1/2 2/1 starting RB's week 1.  Maroney is in a contract yr as well - they wouldn't get rid of him at this point.  Run for the $$ Lawrence! and we'll see you on another team next yr and we'll select Mark Ingram from Bama with Oak's pick next yr. lol.
    Posted by NOISE

Too many holes on the OL and DL, as well as OLB to think RB in the first round. Ingram will fall to the 2nd or 3rd round anyways. Good collegiate RB, not so good pro RB

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Patsman2. Show Patsman2's posts

Cool your jets people, I would bet money Maroney is on this team come game one. He will most likely be the starting running back when Cinci comes to town. Wont be traded, and wont be cut. But keep on dreaming. FYI I am not some Maroney fan just smart enough to realize how cheap he is and that the team wont cut him.
    Posted by MVPkilla4life

If Fred Taylor is healthy I would hope he is the starting back and Maroney is first off the bench.  Give Taylor around 15 carries a game, Maroney 8 to 10, Morris a few.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from oklahomapatriot. Show oklahomapatriot's posts

In Response to Maroney not starting!!!:
    Ding d*ng Maroney's gone!
    Posted by themightypatriotz

LOL, my thoughts exactly. BB is working out a trade with someone

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from SilverSun. Show SilverSun's posts

KPat, you are all wet!  LM will be the starter.  The old men - Morris & Taylor are runnin on empty and Faulk works best on 3rd down with plenty of rest.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from oklahomapatriot. Show oklahomapatriot's posts

Maroney will lead us in rush yards......again.
    Posted by TrueChamp

no, not if he keeps running ino the his own linemen and fumbling

he's gonna be traded, along with mankins for some defensive help

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Brady2Moss07. Show Brady2Moss07's posts

Shannahan said he was the steal of the draft...
    Any chance Belichick would want to roll the dice on Haynesworth?
    Seems like a longshot, but the dline is a problems now, need a decent pass rush?
    Contract wise, the big money has been paid out...

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from seattlepat70. Show seattlepat70's posts

i bet he starts for the cinci game.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from zbellino. Show zbellino's posts

This thread is so last week.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from seattlepat70. Show seattlepat70's posts

This thread is so last week.
    Posted by zbellino

you're right...i think it's becasue we're just dying for the season to open.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from BubbaInHawaii. Show BubbaInHawaii's posts

Writing Maroney off is foolish.  There aren't going to be any trades.  They are rare unless its for draft picks.  Maroney is the only sturdy back we have.  It's a long season and you may not like Maroney but right now the Pats need him.
    Posted by garytx

I don't think he's going anywhere (literally and figuratively...lol).  He's had his share of injuries while with the Patriots. Law Firm is prolly the healthiest - but he's just a warm body if everyone else gets injured. The Patriots need Maroney by default only because, thus far, our RB corp. has had lots of injuries during the past several years.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from ronk1. Show ronk1's posts

In Response to Re: Maroney not starting!!! : no, not if he keeps running ino the his own linemen and fumbling he's gonna be traded, along with mankins for some defensive help
    Posted by kansaspatriot

kansas, do you understand anything about football? your posts make the least sense of anyone who puts up a comment on these boards. who will trade for Mankins without a contract in place, and who will pay him the salary he wants? And why would you trade your youngest and cheapest RB?
    Actually, while you made a dumb post, your other post on the Bears TE is even dumber!

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from SilverSun. Show SilverSun's posts

The linemen need to start pushing ahead, not getting knocked into the Pats backfield.  LMaroney can fly and will have a BIG year - not the geriatric ward tandem of Taylor-Morris. 

Sections
Shortcuts