Maroney: Ready to go to work?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from MVPkilla. Show MVPkilla's posts

Re: Maroney: Ready to go to work?

Speedy you have no reason to say what you said what so ever and nothing to back it up. You have no idea how much dedication he has to the Pats or to football so shut the he ll up.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from mosseffect43. Show mosseffect43's posts

[QUOTE]I think the Saints should kick his tires. He could be the thicker guy to throw in the mix with Pierre Thomas and Reggie Bush. I honestly don't see NE grabbing any extra backs at this point, unless it is an H-Back/FB type player. But I am still unsure of the situation with Kettani, and whether or not he can actually play in the NFL. They have about every possible role covered. While it would have been nice to see a Faulk-student added, from what Reiss says that could be a role filled by Edelman? I am aware that he has been taking reps at WR. But Reiss threw it out there. Considering they both ran about a 4.5 40 and had good hands I wonder if he could get a shot that way? 
    Posted by zbellino[/QUOTE]ZB-its just a little humor on the age comment.i dont think the pats are gonna sign any RB.s at this time.but there age dosent mean anything to BB.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from EnochRoot. Show EnochRoot's posts

[QUOTE]Maroney is just doing the bare minimum that he has to do to stay in the NFL and keep get that big pay check.   He is not  dedicated to playing football for anything but money!  He isn't a team player and he never will get anywhere near being a NFL star never mind an NFL super star.  He just does the absolute minimum to keep that big paycheck coming .... nothing else.  Look at the films of his performance during games, with very few exceptions he spends more time running lateral to the line of scrimmage or toward the sidelines then he does up the field toward the opposing team.  He just doesn't have the heart to be a really good NFL runner.
    Posted by Speedyrpm[/QUOTE]

I posted this to people last year when I thought he had a separated shoulder and that explained why he was running like he was running.

1. Break you shoulder. Come on. Just do it. Be a man.
    2. Now, let it heal a little. Maybe three weeks.
    3. Now grab a football and run full speed into a door jamb. Don't forget to lead with your broken shoulder.

I bet you can't.

Slacker.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from boston006. Show boston006's posts

I Believe this will be Maroney's last year with the PATS.  I think he is not as good as we all Thought...  Time will tell all.  (GO PATS)

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from ricky1554atl. Show ricky1554atl's posts

I know there are many who are frustrated with him dancing at the line (I'm included in that group) and that doubt his abilities (I am not included in that group). This is his make or break year. He has good hands and he is a beast. If he stays healthy, and I know that's a big if, he has much potential. Running and catching passes out of the backfield. He will not have to carry the load, with our stable of running backs this year and I think that should ease his mind. I know we all hope this will be his break out year. Let's not forget that in 06 and 07 he rushed for over 4 yds a carry.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from MVPkilla. Show MVPkilla's posts

If he rushes for 700 or more yards thats a good years considering how many RBS we have in that group. none of them will break 1000 yards so we cant expect that from Maroney either its just not going to happen.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from ricky1554atl. Show ricky1554atl's posts

[QUOTE]If he rushes for 700 or more yards thats a good years considering how many RBS we have in that group. none of them will break 1000 yards so we cant expect that from Maroney either its just not going to happen.
    Posted by MVPkilla[/QUOTE]

Exactly. He just needs to stay healthy and I think he will hit that 700 yd mark.  As I posted above, when he's healthy he rushed for over 4 yds a carry in 06 and 07. I think during those 2 years he would have averaged about 4.3 yds a carry.  Last year, Adrian Peterson lead the league in rushing, and I think his average was 4.8 yds a carry. Now, before everyone jumps on my az, I'm not comparing him to A.P. But I am saying, when he's not injured his yds per carry is pretty damn good. I just think he's a very talented back. But he HAS to have a good year.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from MVPkilla. Show MVPkilla's posts

Yea if he can stay healthy I am confident that he will do what we ask him to do. I do not expect him to be the guy who carrys the ball 300 times year thats just not how we run our offense so as long as he stays healthy and does what his coaches ask he should hit at least 700 yards.