Maroney Runs hard

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from totalcarnage. Show totalcarnage's posts

Maroney Runs hard

Finally Maroney runs hard and plays like he means buisiness. OK he fumbled again on a fourth down play but IMO he looked like he was running the ball with confidence for the first time in a while.Wondering if Sammy about to come back lit a fire under Maroneys butt. Anythoughts

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from MaritimePatsFan. Show MaritimePatsFan's posts

Re: Maroney Runs hard

My thoughts are RBs are a dime a dozen. Sure, there are elite backs out there like Chris Johnson and Adrian Peterson, (notice how I put Johnson ahead of Peterson), but they are far and few between. Also, both of those OLs are built to run first and pass later.

Maroney looked very good today against the Jets. I will give him that, but I believe his contract is up at the end of the year? Not sure really if its this year or the next. Either way, do not pick him back up unless he comes in cheap.

I tend to lean towards getting OL who excel at both pass and run block. Hoping Vollmer, like Mankins is one of these types. So far he looks the part.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from TrueChamp. Show TrueChamp's posts

Given the "opportunity" Maroney has proven to be a solid back for us, whether you are satisfied with his statistics or not the guy can run the ball and lately has been dishing out more punishment then he is receiving.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Davedsone. Show Davedsone's posts

I think it is what he says it is.  He is now ignoring all the advice and running like he wants to run.  May the "old" Moroney return, and stiffarm some people ala Corey Dillon!

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from trouts. Show trouts's posts

Maroney got 77 yards on 22 carries with 1 fumble---not exactly stellar production and shouldn't cause us to start falling all over ourselves.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from gfkr2. Show gfkr2's posts

Indeed he did for most of the game.  I only cursed Maroney one time after he coughed-up the the ball to the Jets.  The one run late by Maroney where he took on a Jet DB was something missing for the entire season. 

Sections
Shortcuts