**Maroney Traded to Denver**

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from sportsbozo1. Show sportsbozo1's posts

Re: **Maroney Traded to Denver**

JMO but I think BJGE will be given every opportunity to be the main back up to Fred Taylor and I also think that Murrell comes right back on the roster. Add Javariss James to the mix if BJGE fails. Another rumor swirling around ESPN is Mankins to Dallas.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Muzwell. Show Muzwell's posts

In Response to Re: **Maroney Traded to Denver**:
    [QUOTE]...So I dont think Mankins is that far off from signing with the Pats. He said he was sorry to Mr. Kraft so no bad blood. Once a deal is to the liking of Mankins which is bound to happen he will be back with the pats.
    Posted by MVPkilla4life[/QUOTE]

Hope you're right.  He's still a great player.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from lightningbrain. Show lightningbrain's posts

I find it easy to believe that no one would give up a fourth round pick for Maroney without the Patriots throwing in the 6th.  I also feel that this indicates that the whole league feels pretty low on Maroney.  This does not have to be part of a bigger picture for me to be fine with it.

I don't see this as connected in any way to Mankins b/c of Murrell's locker waiting for him.  I don't want Barber to join the Patriots.

If there is a bigger picture to find in this, then I think you might consider that Edelman is next in line if the right trade is available.  He's the other healthy inactive that could be on tap for another team.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from lightningbrain. Show lightningbrain's posts

oh, and . . .

I think Benny is better than Maroney.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from touchdownpats. Show touchdownpats's posts

Well, at least we now only have one player with dreds. Now I will be able to know who's carrying the ball.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from MarcW1. Show MarcW1's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: **Maroney Traded to Denver** : you do know that addai is mostly considered a bust as well?
    Posted by KyleCleric2[/QUOTE]

No...  I don't think Addai is a bust. 

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from NoPinkHatPatsFans. Show NoPinkHatPatsFans's posts

[QUOTE]To think that Joseph Addai was still on the board when we drafted Maroney. 
    Posted by MarcW1[/QUOTE]

Yeah, Addai isn't very well thought of Indy.    Just saying.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from themightypatriotz. Show themightypatriotz's posts

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from NY-PATS-FAN4. Show NY-PATS-FAN4's posts

[QUOTE]

Well, no one can say he lived up to his draft position, but when he was at his best, he was very good...just wasn't there very often. I still think he's a class guy, and like others who have posted, I find this a very curious roster move unless something bigger is in store. I just don't see a 4th round pick making us a better team than we were with Maroney, especially since we threw in a 6th with it. Hope the 4th gets bundled into something that brings a solid D lineman or OLB.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsLifer. Show PatsLifer's posts

perhaps we are all reading too much into Maroney being traded. I can't see the Patriots trading Edelman. He is our slot WR insurance policy and I think too valuable at this point, especially given his manageable salary. 

Mankins to Dallas is interesting, but another one I don't buy. I still think he signs with the Pats soon. 

The fact is we have a roster spot now open and are down a RB. I think 2 things will either happen with that spot;
    1. Murrell returns
    2. Mankins signs and we give him that spot

I guess one question would be if Mankins signs and we give him the open roster spot, does that mean we cut another OL to make room for Murrell, or perhaps we are pursuing someone of interest? 

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from AZPAT. Show AZPAT's posts

Re: Maroney Traded to Denver

In Response to Re: Maroney Traded to Denver:
    [QUOTE]Stop it....Dont get me excited for nothing....I was telling me friend during the last preseason game, that Maroney was bout to be traded....There is def. some moves about to be made, cuz we cut Murrel in a surprise move...and I know the Ojinnaka guy can come in this week, but with the Mankins stuff going on...we can assume something gonna happen, problem is, we will probably get a pic and not a player to help right now...As much as I wouldnt miss Lo-Mo and his running style...we are thin w./ out him and need to pic up someone...Freddy T and Morris too injury prone...
    Posted by patsfan76[/QUOTE]

I hear you. But, gee, I sure must have missed something over these years about Lo Mo being 100% every game, and averaging 93.5 YPG on the ground. Could injuries have been the issue? 

Maybe it's karma, but the Pats never have had that GOOD, solid, dependable, week in and week out, ready to play every down, back for a long/sustained period of time since, well, ........  Larry Nance?  Sam Cunningham? Curtis Martin for the short time he was with the club? I often wonder how Robert Edwards would have worked out if he hadn't blown out his knee and career on teh beaches of Hawaii playing flag football as an All Pro..... Almost like wondering how Wille Mays or the Sox would have turned out if the Sox had signed him way back before the Giants did.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from ponyoto. Show ponyoto's posts

[QUOTE]Well, at least we now only have one player with dreds. Now I will be able to know who's carrying the ball.
    Posted by touchdownpats[/QUOTE]

Unless its special teams ..then its all a guessing game again.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from ponyoto. Show ponyoto's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: **Maroney Traded to Denver** : you do know that addai is mostly considered a bust as well?
    Posted by KyleCleric2[/QUOTE]

Nope....

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from TrueChamp. Show TrueChamp's posts

The only thing we did with this trade is announce that we no longer think running the ball is essential to win. As Garytx, PMike and other posters have mentioned Taylor and Morris are injury prone. I hope they wont go down but lets be realistic. They are 34 years old. Maroney was a guy that could come in second half of the year and help wear down opposing defense's.

I see a 2007 scenario happening all over again. We will blow some teams out this year and everybody will say we're great but when the weather turns and Taylor and Morris are icing down rib,shoulder and knee injuries we will forget how to run the ball and set Brady up for some punishment.

This is a terrible move in my opinion. I hope Taylor can be our guy come December otherwise we will have some problems. Familiar problems. Anybody remember 2007 Ravens,Eagles,Jets,Giants, not to mention the defense carrying us against SD in the playoffs?

Why give away solid young athletic depth in the run game? And who cares if we were not going to sign him next year? What about this year?

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Brady2Moss07. Show Brady2Moss07's posts

Too bad Maroney never banned out. I think the writing has been on the wall for awhile. I still think the kid has a ton of talent. I wish him luck. Hopefully a new team and scenery will help him turn it around.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Evil2010. Show Evil2010's posts

The head scratching career in a Pats uniform finally ends. Just when you think he'd be gone he'd have a good game and show promise. Then he'd either get hurt or get fumblitis. I lost track of the amount of time this happened. BB was as patient as he's ever been with a player but we need to start thinking about the future and Maroney wasn't it.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from raptor64d. Show raptor64d's posts

All you Maroney haters finally got your wish. I was still holding out for him to bring it this season, and is a nice guy that I was pulling for. Good luck kool-aid accept when you are playing us!

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bradythebest. Show Bradythebest's posts

May be he is injured and out for few more weeks? Just get what ever you can and use that with Mankins and get something big in back? just a thought....

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from austinpatriot. Show austinpatriot's posts

I know a 4th round pick in 2011 doesn't sound like much, but just think what BB will do:
    trade for 3rd round pick in 2012
    2nd round pick in 2013
    first round pick in 2014

So basically we have traded LM for a 2014 first round pick!  Too bad we gave up that 6th rounder, that could've been a first rounder in 2016.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from magicalhobo. Show magicalhobo's posts

I agree with all three points, MVPkilla

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from passedball. Show passedball's posts

[QUOTE]YEEEESSSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Let's just hope that he doesn't start running downhill once he gets there.
    Posted by vertigho[/QUOTE]

The only way he runs down hill is if the stadium is built on the side of a mountain.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from themightypatriotz. Show themightypatriotz's posts

Ding D*ng Maroney's gone!

Laughing

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from harleyroadking1. Show harleyroadking1's posts

A 4th rounder for Maroney and a 6th....that is almost as bad as Cassel and Vrable for 2nd.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from zbellino. Show zbellino's posts

A 4th and a6th for Maroney in the last year of his contract? Is Denver crazy? He is a decent runner who gets injured every single season. What are they thinking?

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from digger0862. Show digger0862's posts

zbellino is right on.

People, Laurence was a first round pick 4 years ago, but he didn't play like one. He isn't worth any more than what Denver gave us.

Belichick must be panicking right now about what to do for RB depth. Perhaps he should come here for advice. Smile

Sections
Shortcuts