**Maroney Traded to Denver**

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from edboyce. Show edboyce's posts

Re: **Maroney Traded to Denver**

do we have a running back who can run over 40 yards now?  Did Bill make a bad draft decision?  or did we fail to "coach him up"?  or is the o line not capable of opening holes??  It is easy to "dance" when there are no gaps!   Great! a 4th round pick, let me see can we trade it down for two 5th round picks????  I am sure they will work out fine!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from oklahomapatriot. Show oklahomapatriot's posts

Thank You Bill Billichek

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from thejoshuatree28. Show thejoshuatree28's posts

If we did trade for a Dallas RB i would want Tashard Choice not Barber

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from oklahomapatriot. Show oklahomapatriot's posts

In Response to Re: **Maroney Traded to Denver**:
    If we did trade for a Dallas RB i would want Tashard Choice not Barber
    Posted by thejoshuatree28

that'll never happen. we have the RB's we have for the rest of the season 

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rocky. Show Rocky's posts

do we have a running back who can run over 40 yards now?  Did Bill make a bad draft decision?  or did we fail to "coach him up"?  or is the o line not capable of opening holes??  It is easy to "dance" when there are no gaps!   Great! a 4th round pick, let me see can we trade it down for two 5th round picks????  I am sure they will work out fine!
    Posted by edboyce

Are you angry with this trade?  LOL

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rocky. Show Rocky's posts

zbellino is right on. People, Laurence was a first round pick 4 years ago, but he didn't play like one. He isn't worth any more than what Denver gave us. Belichick must be panicking right now about what to do for RB depth. Perhaps he should come here for advice.
    Posted by digger0862

And the Patriots were not going to re-sign him after this season, at least they were able to get something for him (because they did not get much from him....lol)

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from thejoshuatree28. Show thejoshuatree28's posts

In Response to Re: **Maroney Traded to Denver** : that'll never happen. we have the RB's we have for the rest of the season 
    Posted by kansaspatriot

I never said it would by people were talking about getting Barber, he isnt they one you want

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from edboyce. Show edboyce's posts

Boy that Dever coach is so dumb, he has no clue what L M is like.  It's not like he coached here and knew the inside scoop!  oh he did coach here?  oh he has a good evaluation of LM's talent....Hmmmm, I guess he is stupid right?  Oh, Mankins could be playing for us now but Robert K needed a public apology for his ego?  I guess he doesn't need to put the best team on the field and bring reassurence that the organization takes care of good soldiers.  Has anyone seen Jonathan Kraft's interview where he blinked his eyes 87 times while saying "Robert never talks contracts".....no one ever asked Robert if the team had reached a verbal agreement and then he had to have his ego stroked!!!!  

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from edboyce. Show edboyce's posts

In Response to Re: **Maroney Traded to Denver** : Are you angry with this trade?  LOL
    Posted by Rocky
    I am angry with what we got for him and what happens half way through the season when Sammy and Fred are dinged up!  Yeah I guess you could say I am irate and urinated but certainly not angry!!!!!

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from shenanigan. Show shenanigan's posts

Whatever, I'm fairly sure that both Laurence Maroney and next years fourth rounder will have the same impact on this season.  Can't say I get excited about a fourth rounder, but I'm not really concerned about Maroney leaving either. 

They are in a curious position for next year now though, got a feeling none of these guys will be on the Pats next year.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Pancakespwn. Show Pancakespwn's posts

Kudos to the poster who said that he would be traded there def eating crow on this one.

Literally makes no sense to give up a 4th rounder for a back they dont need unless Moreno or their backups got hurt. McDaniels was never a fan of Maroney.

Good job by Bill for getting a fourth rounder for that scrub. 

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Davedsone. Show Davedsone's posts

I am glad they finally cleared this log jam.  5 rbs was way too much.  Im o.k. with Taylor/Morris, between them there is one healthy season, at least.  But BJGE seemed like the workhorse, and Faulk is Faulk.  So at least we recovered something from it, and maybe Denver needed him for his blitz pickup?  Whatever it was, they do know what they are getting, so they must want it.  Good deal for us, waiting to see what comes next.  we are again loaded with picks in the spots we like.  

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from wozzy. Show wozzy's posts

If Keyshon (?) Moreno gets hurt in Denver and Maroney gets the bulk of the load, like 20+ carries a game, Pat's fans here who never appreciated Maroney might not be so happy. 

Yeah he got hurt now and again but broken bones aren't injuries you can usually play through, he still has a good average per rush and was a workhorse when healthy.  BB never really heaped a load on him but ran the running back by committee approach, in 2007 if we had kept running him against the Giants instead of reverting to the run and shoot he possibly would have run us to a ring and been our playoff MVP.

It's not a mystery; he's in a contract year, isn't going to sign a cap favorable extension but would rather test the open market, so BB trades him to get some value from a former #1 pick. 

The guy is 6 foot, 220 pounds and runs a 4.4 forty; give him 20+ carries a game and you haters will truly be able to judge him, I'll bet that is what he was looking for anyway because he was never going to be the man in N.E. 

Hater fans sometimes don't know what they've got until it's gone...

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from georom4. Show georom4's posts

At this point in his career, LM wasnt giving us anything that BJGE cant give us - mediocrity in a rotating rb system. Not a bad move imho.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from zbellino. Show zbellino's posts

In Response to Re: **Maroney Traded to Denver** : And the Patriots were not going to re-sign him after this season, at least they were able to get something for him (because they did not get much from him....lol)
    Posted by Rocky

That is true rocky. And who knows, maybe Denver lets him go and they can get him for Sammy Morris dollars. 

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from themightypatriotz. Show themightypatriotz's posts

Na-na-nah-na,
    Na-na-nah-na,
    Hey, hey, hey

GOODBYE!

Laughing

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from jedinate. Show jedinate's posts

This move makes me happy, but I'll be rooting for LM to resurrect himself in Denver.

He was never a bad guy or teammate and will clean up on Dancing with the Stars, someday. Good luck Lawrence.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from jedinate. Show jedinate's posts

themightypatriotz -
    I just sang that to a bud on Facebook. Agreed.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Pancakespwn. Show Pancakespwn's posts

Hmmm who do they now promote off the practice squad or sign?

Crable?

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Muzwell. Show Muzwell's posts

In Response to Re: **Maroney Traded to Denver** : No...  I don't think Addai is a bust. 
    Posted by MarcW1

Neither is a candidate for Canton, but Addai has been more productive. 

Entering this season, Addai had 861 carries for 3,525 yards, 4.1 ypc and 34 TDs.  Maroney had 582 carries for 2,430 yards, 4.2 ypc and 21 TDs.  Addai had a big advantage in receiving, 157 receptions, 1,231 yards and 9 TDs, vs. 40/409/1 for LM.

Chris Johnson has about 300 fewer career yards than Addai in just two seasons. 

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rockdog1293000. Show Rockdog1293000's posts

I wish Maroney good luck in Denver. He's by far the best athlete at RB NE had, but he never had the instincts or vision it seemed. Hopefully he kills it in Denver. He was NOT a bad guy. He never lived up to his billing, but he was productive when it mattered most in the '07 playoffs. Hopefully some of you remember the good things he did while he was here.

I love how people are bringing up Crable now. I just don't understand people's fascination with the guy. Jermaine Cunningham has played in more regular season snaps than Crable despite not playing in one preseason snap. Ninkovich is better. Murrell is better. Please stop bringing Crable up people. 

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat3. Show TexasPat3's posts

Maroney's bout of fumble-itis last year most likely is what finished him with BB. Who knows...maybe he can turn things around for himself, the way Cedric Benson did. Considering that the Pats weren't going to resign him next season...getting Denver's 4th rounder in exchange for their 6th rounder in the 2011 draft isn't too bad. It's also a very good gamble for the Broncos, who desperately need help at RB, and with their offense in general.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Peduncle72. Show Peduncle72's posts

His spot goes to Murrell, end of story.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from sae123. Show sae123's posts

BB is loading up to get an OLB or RB now...... not later, our new #4 and #1 from raiders will get one of these real soon!

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from ATJ. Show ATJ's posts

Best for all concerned.  Wish him well. Never really lived up to his promise in NE.

Sections
Shortcuts