Maroney vs Woodhead

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from mrbungle. Show mrbungle's posts

Maroney vs Woodhead

Laura - 4 games, 36 carries, 74 yards, 2.1 per carry - 0 TD

Woodhead - 5 games, 36 carries, 178 yards, 4.94 per carry - 2 TD's

and just for giggles:

BJGE - 7 games, 85 carries, 371 yards, 4.36 per carry - 6 TD's

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from CablesWyndBairn. Show CablesWyndBairn's posts

Re: Maroney vs Woodhead

I think Maroney is out of the NFL in a year or two.  Although Denver has had pretty good success in making all of their running backs look inept this year, Maroney in particular seems to be going through the motions based on what I've seen.

BJGE is a hard runner.  Woodhead has been remarkable as a fill-in for Faulk.  Still think the position needs an upgrade, but I love that these no name guys are getting it done. 

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from themightypatriotz. Show themightypatriotz's posts

Haha, Maroney's funny, the way he used to tiptoe from side to side behind the offensive line, scared of all those mean defenders across the line of scrimmage.  Amazing what happens when a guy like Woodhead simply runs forward as fast as he can.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from mrbungle. Show mrbungle's posts

Man, even Fred Taylor has 98 yards on 25 carries for a 3.92 average!

Laura has to be one of the worst backs in the entire NFL. Looks the part but, seems to lack the drive...or something. Go figure. 

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from JerrySpringer. Show JerrySpringer's posts

I said this at the beginning of the year to trade or just dump Laura Maroney. Everyone thought I was nuts. Well, well, well, Ok Im nuts but I was right about Maroney.

Sad part is I loved this guy being drafted by the Patriots, but right away he had issues in the weight room and injuries. Word at college wa she was a roid guy and I still bet he was and after they stop they just turn to mush.

Anyway, Woodhead was a great pick up, best Ive seen in a long time, BJGE as Fred Taylor said is a a star waiting to be born, looks like Fred was right.

Now if we could just trade for a good quaterback!!! hahah just kidding!, Did anyone see Mannings head last night when he took his helmet off?
    His head was glowing and I swear the Bermuda Triangle was showing on it! Yell

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Evil2010. Show Evil2010's posts

Maroney's main competition for the job was the BJGE not Woodhead. Besides BB gave Maroney more than enough time to prove himself before trading him. He was let go to make roster room for Woodhead not because he was going to be directly replaced by him. He had already been replaced but BB was probably keeping him around for insurance in case of injury. Faulk goes out for the season, Jets release Woodhead and the Pats get a decent draft pick offer all came together at the same time. An amazing convergence of good and bad circumstances that all came together just at the right time.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Dessalines. Show Dessalines's posts

In the game just past, BJGE's average was close to 6.6 yards a carry.  Not too shabby.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from SShoreLurker. Show SShoreLurker's posts

Oh!!  I get it.... Lawrence- Laura!

You give him a female name and that proves he isn't a good player!

Pretty tricky!  You guys are just too clever.

Like FranCOMA for Francona.

Ok, ok, ok    I got a few:
    Tomsele Brady
    Ragina Rondo
    Danielle Woodhead
    Tammy Thomas
    Jaqueline Ellsbury

What do you think?

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from mikzor. Show mikzor's posts

In Response to Re: Maroney vs Woodhead:
    Oh!!  I get it.... Lawrence- Laura! You give him a female name and that proves he isn't a good player! Pretty tricky!  You guys are just too clever. Like FranCOMA for Francona. Ok, ok, ok    I got a few: Tomsele Brady Ragina Rondo Danielle Woodhead Tammy Thomas Jaqueline Ellsbury What do you think?
    Posted by SShoreLurker

I think you are dumber now than you were just a week ago.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from patsfaninpa420. Show patsfaninpa420's posts

In Response to Re: Maroney vs Woodhead:
    Oh!!  I get it.... Lawrence- Laura! You give him a female name and that proves he isn't a good player! Pretty tricky!  You guys are just too clever. Like FranCOMA for Francona. Ok, ok, ok    I got a few: Tomsele Brady Ragina Rondo Danielle Woodhead Tammy Thomas Jaqueline Ellsbury What do you think?
    Posted by SShoreLurker

If you don't know why Maroney earned that nickname then you haven't been watching the games and your nicknames are lame, that's what I think.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from sportsbozo1. Show sportsbozo1's posts

When Turf Toe Taylor is ready the RB's will get that upgrade,until then Woodhead and BJGE are doing just fine.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsLifer. Show PatsLifer's posts

I thought this was a Maroney vs Woodhead post?

Anyhow, it's funny how the NFL works. A 1st round selection out of a division 1 school, massively productive in college comes up short in the NFL...compared to a division 2 player, undersized, undrafted, seems to be playing like a high round selection. 

I like Woody. Hard to compare him to Maroney, but I think Woody is a better all around back...he has a more decisive running style, is quick, can catch the ball, and not too bad blocking based on his size. I think a significant upgrade over Maroney, and I don't see much if any drop off between Woody's production and Faulk...although I think Faulk at this point in his career is a far better blocker. 

I think BJGE and Woody will be on this squad next year, and I think both are going to be productive going forward. Those 2 guys are just getting started in the NFL, and they have tons of upside. 

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from cellucci. Show cellucci's posts

we have seen the last of faulk, great player but has slowed down. woodhead is an upgrade campared to faulk. maroney who?

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from JimfromFlorida. Show JimfromFlorida's posts

The difference in Maroney and Woodhead is that when maroney got the ball we all worried. When Woodhead gets the ball there is excitement. Same with BJGE when he gets the ball he usually is going forward not sideways. He also seems to always fall forward on every tackle.

As for this statement:
    Anyhow, it's funny how the NFL works. A 1st round selection out of a division 1 school, massively productive in college comes up short in the NFL...compared to a division 2 player, undersized, undrafted, seems to be playing like a high round selection. 
    It is so true however I believe the reason is simple the 1st round guy reached his potential in college much like the FSU reciever the Pats drafted 4 or 5 yrs ago. Whereas the guy coming out of Div 2 is still learning and growing in abilities. Certainly not in size as Woodhead is small and not still growing.

Sections
Shortcuts