Maroney

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from bostonbrew46. Show bostonbrew46's posts

Re: Maroney

Maroney rushed for almost 900 yards last year, my god though he could be so much better. He fumbles constantly in the worst possible situations. I hope the pats do something with the RB position.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from digger0862. Show digger0862's posts

With all contracts expiring next year the running back position will be completely remade. This year we're stuck with Maroney, Faulk, Taylor and Morris.

Personally, I'm ok with our RB's this year. If they stay healthy, and that's a big IF, they will be one of the best groups in the league.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Tcal2. Show Tcal2's posts

In Response to Re: Maroney:
    [QUOTE]   Maroney rushed for almost 900 yards last year, my god though he could be so much better. He fumbles constantly in the worst possible situations. I hope the pats do something with the RB position.
    Posted by bostonbrew46[/QUOTE]

Dude it's time to get your Abacus recalibrated.  He had 757 yards.  To all the posters in denial.....Maroney s_cks has sucked and will continue to s_ck.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from dshort3333. Show dshort3333's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Maroney : I think we should at the right price. I know it would be crazy to think that the Pats may have not used this guy to his potential but... In 45 games played Maroney has 582 rush att for 2430 yards. 4.2 yard average with 21 tds. 1 of those years he played behind Corey Dillion. The year he was the starter(2007 which we all know was a little pass heavy) he averaged 4.5 yards a carry only 6 tds but I think the focus may have been on throwing considering Brady threw 50 tds and all. Because Maroney does not have 1200 yards and 10 tds every year is the main reason why he is labeled as a bust on this board. Well last I checked you have to get the football more then 175 times to get 1200 yards. 175 x 4.2 = 735 yards. Maroney also has 40 receptions for 409 yards a 10.2 average with another td. He is now labeled a "Fumbler" He has 4 fumbles for his career. 1 before last year. The offense most of us agree was predictable and stale last year. Maroney had a career low 3.9 a carry running into the mouth of opoosing defense's. Last year 194 att at 3.9 y/per = 757 yards 9 tds. Lets give him 270 carries at this rate. 270 @ 3.9 = 1053 yards and probably 11 tds. Still a bust? Point is this guy has run well for us in a less then ideal situation. Lets ride the best back on the team this year and see what kind of production we get out of him. Was Antowain Smith a good back for our team? In 3 years he averaged 3.8 a carry with 21 tds... The reason he had 1100 yards one year and 970 the next is becasue he had 287/252 attempts in those 2 years. I am not trying to say stats make a guy, but I think many here would argue Maroney has not been a good back for us because of his lack of numbers. You need to get the football to get yards/tds. Maroney has not gotten the football.
    Posted by TrueChamp[/QUOTE]
        Well said.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from JerrySpringer. Show JerrySpringer's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Maroney : Dude it's time to get your Abacus recalibrated.  He had 757 yards.  To all the posters in denial.....Maroney s_cks has sucked and will continue to s_ck.
    Posted by Tcal2[/QUOTE]
    AMEN!!!!!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from digger0862. Show digger0862's posts

Brady on Maroney, "He can run you over or run around you, and he is really figuring out when to use each style and has really worked on his hands as a receiver."

http://www.nfl.com/trainingcamp/story/09000d5d81973dc2/article/influx-of-youth-gives-pats-new-feel-in-bid-to-stay-atop-afc-east&campaign=Ext_Email_NL0805

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from digger0862. Show digger0862's posts

Agreed, less predictable and hopefully healthy.

I read somewhere Fred Taylor, who usually has sure hands, has had a bad case of dropsies in camp.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from LittleLazJunior. Show LittleLazJunior's posts

[QUOTE]They MUST use him as a receiver because right now teams know he only runs.  I have gut feeling this RB corps Maroney, Morris, Faulk, etc, are all going to be dynamite in a more balanced, less predictable offense.
    Posted by russgriswold[/QUOTE]

Good Evening!, I think you could be right about the dynamite....becuase thats what its going to take being put up Maroney's azzzzz to get him to run a straight line....Just sayin........

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Tcal2. Show Tcal2's posts

I just figured I'd add this update from Reiss's mail bag.

4. No running back stands out as having separated from the pack. There is no explosive playmaker in the group.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from themightypatriotz. Show themightypatriotz's posts

[QUOTE]They MUST use him as a receiver because right now teams know he only runs.  I have gut feeling this RB corps Maroney, Morris, Faulk, etc, are all going to be dynamite in a more balanced, less predictable offense.
    Posted by russgriswold[/QUOTE]

They MUST do nothing.  If Maroney were a good receiver, Brady would have thrown him the ball already.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from TroyBrown80. Show TroyBrown80's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Maroney : And start who? He's the best running back on the team. Faulk is more of a pass catching third down back, and Taylor and Morris are both old and injury prone. Green-Ellis isn't that great either. From what I've been hearing it sounds like all the RBs but Faulk are off to horrible starts. Maroney has the highest upside out of all the RBs.
    Posted by magicalhobo[/QUOTE]

Kevin Faulk could run and had run circles around maroney.  Biggest surprise of the quote for me was that McKenzie MET maroney in the hole.  That means Maroney actually found the hole!  wow!  he is getting better already!

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Wizardsjag. Show Wizardsjag's posts

Actually the few times Maroney has caught passes he's looked really good out in the open. Question is do the Pats trust his hands.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from oklahomapatriot. Show oklahomapatriot's posts

Dump him for a draft pick

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from themightypatriotz. Show themightypatriotz's posts

[QUOTE]Actually the few times Maroney has caught passes he's looked really good out in the open. Question is do the Pats trust his hands.
    Posted by Wizardsjag[/QUOTE]

Yes, IF he catches the pass, AND he gets to the open field, he looks good.  But those are two things I've hardly seen him do since his rookie year.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from kebbe. Show kebbe's posts

kansaspatriot:your angst over Maroney's performance since being a first round draft choice is understandable.He has teased the team and its fans since arriving with sporatic flashes of excellence only to fall back into mediocrity.however, it not a good idea,as a rule,to scream off with someone's head when there is no other head to replace the one which you have just cut off.Given the Pats current R.B. situation it looks like the team has decided to give him the last year of his contract to prove his worth and right now,it's likely to be the best and maybe even the only reasonable course of action.The situation could change radically if someone cuts a back who has a proven track record in the league or,suddenly a trade for a proven commodity at this position becomes available in a deal at a reasonable price.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Tcal2. Show Tcal2's posts

Anyone see him resently?

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from sday4x45. Show sday4x45's posts

why is it a big deal right now to not explain what is up with Maroney??? Why all this secrecy? Why can't the coach or somebody explain what is going on? Why all this intrigue?? It can't be helping anything.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Getzo. Show Getzo's posts

"I know I'm the stuff. [...] I know how good I am.

-- Laurence Maroney(notes), running back

This is why he hasn't played... indirect shot at BB and glorifing himself in the media... two things BB hates. 

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Tcal2. Show Tcal2's posts

I wonder how Laura is adjusting to her new surroundings?

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from harleyroadking1. Show harleyroadking1's posts

its all downhill from there. 

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from themightypatriotz. Show themightypatriotz's posts

Ever since she left, the air is fresher, the sky is bluer, the Jets are dumber.  Pats should have tried this years ago.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from carawaydj. Show carawaydj's posts

More old threads should be resurrected from time to time.  It's kinda like watching the tape after a game.  Who was right?  Who was wrong?  Who amongst the wrong called one of the right folks a fool and troll?  All kidding aside, old threads do put things we speculate about in perspective.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Tcal2. Show Tcal2's posts

Questions anyone?

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from 4Adam13. Show 4Adam13's posts

[QUOTE]I just don't get this guy. He has no drive to cross that line. They should have him shadow Faulk and learn how to leak out and be that 3rd down back or get rid of the pus*y now.
    Posted by Sam-Adams[/QUOTE]

Sam-Adams,

My guess is his shoulder injury was worse than what was published, or even more than what he ever let on. He has been a totally different rusher since his shoulder injury than he was in his first season.

Speaking from experience, I had a pretty bad shoulder injury in college. It was the same rare injury that Sammy Morris had two years ago if you remember. Really a freak injury. The next season after rehab, I played hard and dislocated the same shoulder. Discouraging because I really thought I built the strength back up in that shoulder. Admittedly, I was never the same after that. I ran timid and it was always in the back of my mind that I was going to get popped, injure my shoulder again, and be done. I hate admitting it, but thats what happened.

My guess is Maroney was experiecing the same thing. I've looked at his career before and after the shoulder injury and there is a marked difference in style. Too bad, because I really like Maroney and thought he was going to be a premier back. He certainly had all the skills. I gotta believe his problem was ALL mental after the injury.

Just my 2 cents

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from tartarus12. Show tartarus12's posts

So far in his first game with Denver 11-18. Stuffed three time inside the two. He still blows.