Maroney

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from ewhite1065. Show ewhite1065's posts

Re: Maroney

I already know what I think about Maroney. What I'm wondering is, Does this mean McKenzie is good or the Offensive line is bad. I hate playing against ourselves because it always looks like one side isn't getting it done.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from andyroo. Show andyroo's posts

In Response to Maroney:
    Sure it's early but it sounds like he's in mid season form. "The play of the day goes to Tyrone McKenzie who trucked Laurence Maroney. On a goal-line situation, Maroney got the ball, went to the hole and was met hard by McKenzie. The hit drew oohs and aahs from the crowd -- and the media on hand.  Maroney got the ball on the next snap (third down) and was kept out of the end zone again, this time going to the left side and being met by several defenders." He must saving the goal line fumbles for the season.
    Posted by Tcal2

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from TrueChamp. Show TrueChamp's posts

In Response to Re: Maroney:
    In Response to Re: Maroney : Yea we should probably give him another 5 Year Contract
    Posted by patriots44

I think we should at the right price.

I know it would be crazy to think that the Pats may have not used this guy to his potential but...

In 45 games played Maroney has 582 rush att for 2430 yards. 4.2 yard average with 21 tds.

1 of those years he played behind Corey Dillion. The year he was the starter(2007 which we all know was a little pass heavy) he averaged 4.5 yards a carry only 6 tds but I think the focus may have been on throwing considering Brady threw 50 tds and all.

Because Maroney does not have 1200 yards and 10 tds every year is the main reason why he is labeled as a bust on this board. Well last I checked you have to get the football more then 175 times to get 1200 yards. 175 x 4.2 = 735 yards.

Maroney also has 40 receptions for 409 yards a 10.2 average with another td.

He is now labeled a "Fumbler" He has 4 fumbles for his career. 1 before last year.

The offense most of us agree was predictable and stale last year. Maroney had a career low 3.9 a carry running into the mouth of opoosing defense's.

Last year 194 att at 3.9 y/per = 757 yards 9 tds. Lets give him 270 carries at this rate. 270 @ 3.9 = 1053 yards and probably 11 tds. Still a bust?

Point is this guy has run well for us in a less then ideal situation. Lets ride the best back on the team this year and see what kind of production we get out of him.

Was Antowain Smith a good back for our team? In 3 years he averaged 3.8 a carry with 21 tds... The reason he had 1100 yards one year and 970 the next is becasue he had 287/252 attempts in those 2 years.

I am not trying to say stats make a guy, but I think many here would argue Maroney has not been a good back for us because of his lack of numbers.

You need to get the football to get yards/tds. Maroney has not gotten the football.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from andyroo. Show andyroo's posts

Maroney is baloney. He is the best back we have, and that says what about our RB situation? It blows, that's what. I think we can live with Baloney for another year, I just hope BB drafts a stud next year with one of our first 4 picks.
    Posted by GadisRKO

I groan.... "Ugh" ....whenever Maroney comes on the field.  Makes me wonder how many thousands of other Pat's fans are joing me.  How can a winning coach like BB continue to put up with this wimp.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from TrueChamp. Show TrueChamp's posts

I agree they may have to sign him, but I hope he stays for the right price because if you lose him, you are also needing to fill 3 holes, minimum. Taylor may not even make it out camp.  Green-Ellis might be the 4th back here this year. Morris is 34, Faulk will be 34. So, you can see even if they drafted a Mark Ingram type, they have to absolutely go into the FA pool, bare minimum.
    Posted by russgriswold

Yep, especially if the league goes to an 18 game season. This is a new NFl and the days of the single back are near an end. If you have a single back chances are he will be done after 6 or 7 seasons.

Love to get a rb in the 1st round next year(hopefully with the rookie wage scale in effect) and pair him up with Maroney for the nxt 5 years.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Wizardsjag. Show Wizardsjag's posts

All I'm hoping for out of our backfield this year is for Maroney to put up last year's numbers minus the goal-line fumbles. If Morris and Taylor can both play more games and put up better numbers. Then Faulk puts up another season like last year. Then next season I'm expecting the Pats to blow up the backfield and start over with the draft just like the TE position this year.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Wizardsjag. Show Wizardsjag's posts

In Response to Re: Maroney : Yep, especially if the league goes to an 18 game season. This is a new NFl and the days of the single back are near an end. If you have a single back chances are he will be done after 6 or 7 seasons. Love to get a rb in the 1st round next year(hopefully with the rookie wage scale in effect) and pair him up with Maroney for the nxt 5 years.
    Posted by TrueChamp

Already thinking next years drafts 1st two rounds go:

1A: OLB
    1B: RB
    2A: T
    2B: RB

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49Patriots. Show 49Patriots's posts

In Response to Re: Maroney : Already thinking next years drafts 1st two rounds go: 1A: OLB 1B: RB 2A: T 2B: RB
    Posted by Wizardsjag

I couldn't disagree with you anymore. 

We have an aging LT (Sure we could move Vollmer to LT, but then RT is vacant), an older RG, we'll need a RE (It doesn't matter if Warren collapses the pocket all year this year he is only a one year fix), and we need an OLB.

I can see a RB pick with the 3rd round pick, but I see us going after a WR or another CB. 

1a. OLB
    1b. OT
    2a. DE
    2b. OG

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from tenace4life. Show tenace4life's posts

Hey, he didn't fumble . . . now that shows some improvement from last year!!!  Look in training camp the defense is always ahead of the offense and the offense is playing with a patched up line so give Maroney a break until the season starts . . . if Bill does not trust him then other running backs will be brought in as they get cut from other teams but I don't think that will happen.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from natesubs. Show natesubs's posts

In Response to Re: Maroney : I couldn't disagree with you anymore.  We have an aging LT (Sure we could move Vollmer to LT, but then RT is vacant), an older RG, we'll need a RE (It doesn't matter if Warren collapses the pocket all year this year he is only a one year fix), and we need an OLB. I can see a RB pick with the 3rd round pick, but I see us going after a WR or another CB.  1a. OLB 1b. OT 2a. DE 2b. OG
    Posted by 49Patriots

1A. DE (seymore must be replaced) cameron heyward or adrian clayborn
    1B. C (Koppen just isn't cutting it)
    2A. RB (Noel Devine perhaps)
    2B. OLB
    3. Nate Solder, OT, Colorado
    Height: 6-9. Weight: 305.
    Projected 40 Time: 4.84.
    Projected Round (2010): 2-3.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from magicalhobo. Show magicalhobo's posts

In Response to Re: Maroney : Do you hear what you are saying? Maroney has the higest upside? Upside compared to what? a blade of grass?  As Cameron once said in Ferris Bueller's Day Off!!! "....... Pardon my french, but you are a azzh&*^ !"... Maroney is nothing more than a joke, period! If we had to compare Crable and Maroney, Crable would win hands down never playing for the Patriots. The Patriots as usual have not addressed the running back situation, and as usual, once again will be lost this season due to this fact, unless that skinny little kid they picked up from the college is a superstar which I doubt. Now If I hear anymore IDIOTIC statements as to how Laura Maroney is going to be fantastic this year, and this will be his year, Im going to find you, line you up, and beat you with a Terrel Owens Jersey. I would have said beat you senseless but you have already proven you are senseless by even thinking Maroney is going to do any good for the Patriots, You morons and fools, (and you know you were) were all wrong about Crable and never saw him play, now your just being rediculous even after seeing Maroney play for as long as he as.  Please, go back to drinking and watching Lassie reruns!
    Posted by JerrySpringer

Are you kidding me? You are going to bash me for saying Maroney is the RB with the highest upside on the team and asking who would start if he was traded? Seriously man? He's still fairly young and has had consistency issues, but he is talented. Green-Ellis doesn't have the greatest potential in the world and the other RBs are old. How can you argue that Maroney doesn't have the highest upside on the team? If any RB on this team is going to have a breakout year it's going to be Maroney. What sense would a trade make right now unless it was for another decent running back? Who would you rather have that other teams would be willing to trade?

Go ahead, try to sound all witty and domineering. You were a troll before you tried the Springer thing, and you're still a troll Stomper. I never said he was going to run for a couple thousand yards but he's the best complete RB on the team with the best chance to break out and you can't argue against that.

Seriously, lay off the Crable thing. I could respond with some witty comments (unlike yours) and call you names, but I'll refrain. I'm not the punk that says they're going to beat someone senseless over the internet; I'd rather beat them with logic.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49Patriots. Show 49Patriots's posts

In Response to Re: Maroney : You're an idiot and can't possibly have any friends. Your analysis is way off as usual and you contradict yourself with every post. Wizard Jag is right on the money and as usual you have your up up your @zz. Go post in the kiddie forum moron.
    Posted by PatsareNumberone

Yeah, out of the two of us I'm the immature one. 

First of all, why would we draft two RBs if our OL isn't all that great? I don't care if we have Adrain Peterson back there, you need an OL to move those chains. 

Second off, how did I contradict myself? By not agreeing with you? I probably know more about the QB position than you know about the entire game of football. The Pats WILL resign Maroney wether people like it or not. He's a serviceable back on a team that's runs a pass first offense. 

And chances are Ingram will probably be a top 5 pick. The Raiders will not be one of the bottom 5 teams in the leage this year. They weren't in the bottom 5 last year with Gradkowski/Russell QBing them, why would they get worst with a competent Jason Campbell as their QB? 

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from JerrySpringer. Show JerrySpringer's posts

In Response to Re: Maroney : Are you kidding me? You are going to bash me for saying Maroney is the RB with the highest upside on the team and asking who would start if he was traded? Seriously man? He's still fairly young and has had consistency issues, but he is talented. Green-Ellis doesn't have the greatest potential in the world and the other RBs are old. How can you argue that Maroney doesn't have the highest upside on the team? If any RB on this team is going to have a breakout year it's going to be Maroney. What sense would a trade make right now unless it was for another decent running back? Who would you rather have that other teams would be willing to trade? Go ahead, try to sound all witty and domineering. You were a troll before you tried the Springer thing, and you're still a troll Stomper. I never said he was going to run for a couple thousand yards but he's the best complete RB on the team with the best chance to break out and you can't argue against that. Seriously, lay off the Crable thing. I could respond with some witty comments (unlike yours) and call you names, but I'll refrain. I'm not the punk that says they're going to beat someone senseless over the internet; I'd rather beat them with logic.
    Posted by magicalhobo

Calm down pumpkin,,,,,,,LMAO you cant do either, logic or beating senseless... If you knew how to read correctly it was a joke stating a beating with an T. Ownes Jersey...  and using a top rate clasic movie line, you would think you would have appreciated that at least!!!   The only troll here I see is you!  But I will refrain, so lets get to the facts you so like to think you know shall we?  Maroney has had long enough to show wether he is a good back or not, just becasue he has played enough games (in your opinion) to gather yardage stats does not make him a winner or a good back. Fact is, he is not. Now you can sit in your chair behind your computer and tell us all how intelligent you are and look up all the stats to fill your empty head with, thats fine. But the truth is Maroney is a joke, period. Both you and Russ can play on Google all day long boring us with your genius stats and your wonderful insight and hoping and wishing Maroney is going to have a break out year just like the Tooth Fairy and Santa Clause are real too....
    Laz..... could imagine both him and Russ on the Titanic as its going down.....Hey Russ, this is a really big ship so we should be ok....Well yes it is and your right, we shouldnt jump into the life boats just yet, lets give it another 5 hours, Im going to bet it will still float and get us to shore!!!  Sound familiar there genius????  Yeah you just hold on to Maroney there genius......lets see what that gets ya...Hey I know lets prove your point for real ok? Truse, you pick him and put him on a fantasy football league and lets see where his stats get you.....Kiss

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from p-mike. Show p-mike's posts

Histrionics aside, Maroney is a known quantity. He's a serviceable back who will make you crazy with his hesitancy as often as he excites you if he ever breaks into the secondary. On top of that, he seems to have developed a penchant for fumbling. I don't see any reason to believe that he's going to magically morph into a different player simply because he's in a contract year (although it's not entirely out of the question, either). All that said, aside from two injuries waiting to happen and an aging K. Faulk, Maroney is what you've got. I know there's a lot of love for BJGE in certain corners of this board, but I'm damned if I can figure out why. The best thing the Pats can do to increase Maroney's effectiveness is to mix up the formations a little and try to vary what they ask him to do. When all the world knows Maroney is taking the hand-off, he's not going anywhere behind that line.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from JerrySpringer. Show JerrySpringer's posts

Histrionics aside, Maroney is a known quantity. He's a serviceable back who will make you crazy with his hesitancy as often as he excites you if he ever breaks into the secondary. On top of that, he seems to have developed a penchant for fumbling. I don't see any reason to believe that he's going to magically morph into a different player simply because he's in a contract year (although it's not entirely out of the question, either). All that said, aside from two injuries waiting to happen and an aging K. Faulk, Maroney is what you've got. I know there's a lot of love for BJGE in certain corners of this board, but I'm damned if I can figure out why. The best thing the Pats can do to increase Maroney's effectiveness is to mix up the formations a little and try to vary what they ask him to do. When all the world knows Maroney is taking the hand-off, he's not going anywhere behind that line.
    Posted by p-mike

Mike no one is more disappointed with Maroney than me, when the Patriots picked this kid I thought it was going to be awesome...Sad part is no matter how many times you wish he can break out there is the fear of his fumbles and not scoring when you need it. 4 years is too long in my opinion. He is not that great a blocker, I was hoping the Patriots would use him on pass screens like the Giants use to do, I thought once he had a head of steam going straight he would get 15 yards every time. The problem isnt his talent, he has that, the problem is the kid is a head case on the field and no one can help him but himself, of course again thats my opinion. But you cant run a team on hopes and unfortunately BB has gathered a flock of running backs with health issues. It doesnt matter if the team is a pass team, if you dont have that back that can get you what you need then all the passing isnt going to help you, case in point, the Patriots. I dont have any answers, Im not the coach but I do know Maroney is not the answer, when in fact he is more of a problem to the teams winning efforts. Now I know I have ripped some people in good fun that are upset, but Maroney is not the answer, and wishing for him to turn it around is just wasted energy.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from magicalhobo. Show magicalhobo's posts

Stommper, I never brought out stats when discussing Maroney. What I have always said was that he isn't that bad, is still younger than all the other backs except Green-Ellis, much more talented than Green-Ellis, and has the greatest chance at breaking out. I'm not saying it's going to happen, but if it happens to a RB on the Pats roster it'll be Maroney. I questioned who we would start if we were to trade Maroney as a response to someone else.

You can call Maroney a joke as much as you want, but the fact is that he's the starting back on the Patriots. The coaching staff will choose to start him before Fred Taylor, Sammy Morris, Kevin Faulk, and the Law Firm. He's no Adrian Peterson or Chris Johnson, but he's a decent back that has had some good games and the coaching staff likes him enough to keep him on the team and use him more than the other backs. He isn't going to run for 2,000 yards, but he can do a decent enough job for now. Or we could just cut him and start one of the 30 and older backs. Would you prefer that?

I don't care if you're joking, because your posts are just obnoxious. You may think you're funny but you rarely have anything to add to a discussion. I read your TO joke right the first time and didn't find it funny at all. Beating someone senseless with a TO jersey is still considered beating them senseless, but then you went and questioned my intelligence with a rant that wasn't at all necessary.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from JerrySpringer. Show JerrySpringer's posts

Stommper, I never brought out stats when discussing Maroney. What I have always said was that he isn't that bad, is still younger than all the other backs except Green-Ellis, much more talented than Green-Ellis, and has the greatest chance at breaking out. I'm not saying it's going to happen, but if it happens to a RB on the Pats roster it'll be Maroney. I questioned who we would start if we were to trade Maroney as a response to someone else. You can call Maroney a joke as much as you want, but the fact is that he's the starting back on the Patriots. The coaching staff will choose to start him before Fred Taylor, Sammy Morris, Kevin Faulk, and the Law Firm. He's no Adrian Peterson or Chris Johnson, but he's a decent back that has had some good games and the coaching staff likes him enough to keep him on the team and use him more than the other backs. He isn't going to run for 2,000 yards, but he can do a decent enough job for now. Or we could just cut him and start one of the 30 and older backs. Would you prefer that? I don't care if you're joking, because your posts are just obnoxious. You may think you're funny but you rarely have anything to add to a discussion. I read your TO joke right the first time and didn't find it funny at all. Beating someone senseless with a TO jersey is still considered beating them senseless, but then you went and questioned my intelligence with a rant that wasn't at all necessary.
    Posted by magicalhobo

Gee, I ran out of tissues while reading your response. I love how you say ,"Rarely have anything to add to a discussion." With all your inane knowledge, and usless points of nothing, I dare ask you, have the Patriots taken notice and called for your advice? Ot better yet, anyones advice in here /> Of course the answer is no. But yet you wish to be so profound and direct as if it were you running the Patriot Organization. You try to give reasons of situations you have no voice in and get so upset if anyone says otherwise, as if the team was yours alone to run lol.  Im not surprised that you didnt find the T.O. joke funny, how could you? Someone with as limited an intelligence as yourself has no idea what humor is, Im not saying your unintelligent, you did by not having enough witt to understand. I really do feel sorry for you, sitting there all alone reading all about the Patriots and filling out roster reports and trying to make trades and decisions that no one will ever notice except us poor useless trolls in the forum.    Like I said hot shot, join one of the Fantasy Football Leagues, go through your picks and then tell us how you do. Lets see if your self infalted ego and intelligence level is as crafty and wonderful as you tell us it is. Oh and you said Maroney wont have any 2000 yard years, ahhh last time I checked he hasnt had a 1000 yard year, but he is a good back as you state right? Oh Im sorry , the best the Patriots have. I stand corrected.  Now see, I kept it just as you like, no name calling or insults, just you getting upset over the fact that no matter what case you try to make for Maroney, its pointless, and futile, and Im not even a Borg! Live long and Prosper pumpkin Wink

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from HRK103. Show HRK103's posts

Tune in tomorrow to hear hobos' retort and to see Jerry throw him off the stage in another episode of Jerrys World.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from JerrySpringer. Show JerrySpringer's posts

Tune in tomorrow to hear hobos' retort and to see Jerry throw him off the stage in another episode of Jerrys World.
    Posted by HRK103
    \
    Harley how the heck are ya!!! Hope all is well!Tongue out

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from HRK103. Show HRK103's posts

I'm good Stomp, itching for the season to start, hope you're enjoying the summer.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from magicalhobo. Show magicalhobo's posts

In Response to Re: Maroney : Gee, I ran out of tissues while reading your response. I love how you say ,"Rarely have anything to add to a discussion." With all your inane knowledge, and usless points of nothing, I dare ask you, have the Patriots taken notice and called for your advice? Ot better yet, anyones advice in here /> Of course the answer is no. But yet you wish to be so profound and direct as if it were you running the Patriot Organization. You try to give reasons of situations you have no voice in and get so upset if anyone says otherwise, as if the team was yours alone to run lol.  Im not surprised that you didnt find the T.O. joke funny, how could you? Someone with as limited an intelligence as yourself has no idea what humor is, Im not saying your unintelligent, you did by not having enough witt to understand. I really do feel sorry for you, sitting there all alone reading all about the Patriots and filling out roster reports and trying to make trades and decisions that no one will ever notice except us poor useless trolls in the forum.    Like I said hot shot, join one of the Fantasy Football Leagues, go through your picks and then tell us how you do. Lets see if your self infalted ego and intelligence level is as crafty and wonderful as you tell us it is. Oh and you said Maroney wont have any 2000 yard years, ahhh last time I checked he hasnt had a 1000 yard year, but he is a good back as you state right? Oh Im sorry , the best the Patriots have. I stand corrected.  Now see, I kept it just as you like, no name calling or insults, just you getting upset over the fact that no matter what case you try to make for Maroney, its pointless, and futile, and Im not even a Borg! Live long and Prosper pumpkin
    Posted by JerrySpringer

Wow, you sure are one for personal attacks with little substance. I'm not saying Maroney hasn't been disappointing because he certainly has. I'll say what I've said over and over again and maybe you'll get it this time. He is the best running back on the squad and there's no reason for the Patriots to get rid of him this year because they don't have anyone else that has any breakout potential.

Nice comments on the Pats not asking my advice. I don't come here to get recruited by the Pats, I come here to talk about them with other fans. I'd imagine that would be the same reason you are here. Isn't that what a Patriots forum should be? Since when did fantasy football always translate to NFL success? Faulk doesn't put up the greatest fantasy stats, but he's extremely valuable to the team. The same may go for Maroney, especially since he's the back with the most potential on the team. Despite that, I do play fantasy and typically perform very well. You should really calm the attacks down and talk more football.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from themightypatriotz. Show themightypatriotz's posts

In Response to Re: Maroney : Wow, you sure are one for personal attacks with little substance. I'm not saying Maroney hasn't been disappointing because he certainly has. I'll say what I've said over and over again and maybe you'll get it this time. He is the best running back on the squad and there's no reason for the Patriots to get rid of him this year because they don't have anyone else that has any breakout potential. Nice comments on the Pats not asking my advice. I don't come here to get recruited by the Pats, I come here to talk about them with other fans. I'd imagine that would be the same reason you are here. Isn't that what a Patriots forum should be? Since when did fantasy football always translate to NFL success? Faulk doesn't put up the greatest fantasy stats, but he's extremely valuable to the team. The same may go for Maroney, especially since he's the back with the most potential on the team. Despite that, I do play fantasy and typically perform very well. You should really calm the attacks down and talk more football.
    Posted by magicalhobo

Just ignore him dude.  No one pays him any mind.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from JerrySpringer. Show JerrySpringer's posts

In Response to Re: Maroney : Wow, you sure are one for personal attacks with little substance. I'm not saying Maroney hasn't been disappointing because he certainly has. I'll say what I've said over and over again and maybe you'll get it this time. He is the best running back on the squad and there's no reason for the Patriots to get rid of him this year because they don't have anyone else that has any breakout potential. Nice comments on the Pats not asking my advice. I don't come here to get recruited by the Pats, I come here to talk about them with other fans. I'd imagine that would be the same reason you are here. Isn't that what a Patriots forum should be? Since when did fantasy football always translate to NFL success? Faulk doesn't put up the greatest fantasy stats, but he's extremely valuable to the team. The same may go for Maroney, especially since he's the back with the most potential on the team. Despite that, I do play fantasy and typically perform very well. You should really calm the attacks down and talk more football.
    Posted by magicalhobo

I started my comment to you as a joke, Im sorry if your ultra sensetive.  And yes, I would rather hav ethe Patriots without Maroney than with him. It makes up for close games where he will either fumble or lose the game for the Patriots.  Well see now that I know you play fantasy football i wont be so harsh. Just for the record, did you draft Mahoney? come on be honest....Yell

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from JerrySpringer. Show JerrySpringer's posts

In Response to Re: Maroney : Just ignore him dude.  No one pays him any mind.
    Posted by themightypatriotz

Whats the matter Mighty? are you upset? Its gonna be ok, there there...

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49Patriots. Show 49Patriots's posts

I always thought JerrySpringer was Leon. 

I mean...

"Harley how the heck are ya!!!" That's so Leon. 

Sections
Shortcuts