Maroney

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from bosox2398. Show bosox2398's posts

Maroney

Could this guy be cut? He did not look good against Philly, is fragile, and has to compete with many other backs on the roster. I know Taylor and Morris are old, but if he continues to struggle, they could always sign a back like Warrick Dunn or Edgerrin James to replace him.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from deluxbury. Show deluxbury's posts

Re: Maroney

I personally don't think he'll be cut but with the Patriots - who knows!  I hope they keep all their backs and TE's on the roster this year because they're all pretty good!

3. This post has been removed.

4. This post has been removed.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from docmartin72. Show docmartin72's posts

Maroney will break out this year, mark my words. He has WR's to take the heat off the running game and is plenty well rested.

6. This post has been removed.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from mojobag101. Show mojobag101's posts

He probably wont be cut but he still runs more like Herchel Walker(tap dancing) than the way he ran in Minnesota.Somewhere along the line his teammate(Marion Barber) stole his juice!!Maybe some time spent with Taylor will open up his hidden beast!!!

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from MVPkilla. Show MVPkilla's posts

neither of the two guys you just named would be better then Maroney. And Maroney didnt look bad in the game so i dont know what game you were watching.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from bubthegrub2. Show bubthegrub2's posts

Maroney has two major problems. Number one is health. He needs to stay healthy to keep in the flow of things. The second is consistency. At times he looks like a pro bowler, other times he looks like he's auditioning for dancing with the stars! I doubt they'll cut him, as he's still on his rookie contract. But he better start making a mark or his job may be in jeopardy next year.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from patpscyho. Show patpscyho's posts

They won't cut him, they'll trade him because his rookie contract is undervalued.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from TrueChamp. Show TrueChamp's posts

I think Maroney should go in as the starter he is still the most athletic rb on the team. The man has had only 1 injury in his career but the problem was that he played with it the whole season his 2nd year. This is obviously a make or break year for him and I wonder if he will get enough chances to shine with the deep back field in place. Taylor and Morris are good rbs but Maroney is the only one with big play potential this year.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from SouthSt. Show SouthSt's posts

more screen passes to him . . . Kevin Faulk has been great, but he's no spring chicken . . . Maroney should take a lot of notes and help fill this role

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Tcal2.. Show Tcal2.'s posts

Another Trollish Thread from the bosox.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from sonieboy. Show sonieboy's posts

In Response to Re: Maroney:
    [QUOTE]I think Maroney should go in as the starter he is still the most athletic rb on the team. The man has had only 1 injury in his career but the problem was that he played with it the whole season his 2nd year. This is obviously a make or break year for him and I wonder if he will get enough chances to shine with the deep back field in place. Taylor and Morris are good rbs but Maroney is the only one with big play potential this year.
    Posted by TrueChamp[/QUOTE] It appears that you have not had the opportunity to watch the game in its entirety. Maroney averaged I belive 2.3 yards per carry. The Pats are in trouble if your impack player averages only 2.3 per carry. Realizing that Maroney played aganist the 1st string defense, but BjgEllis ran the ball hard and put on some great moves. Personally IMO BJGE should be higher on the depth chart than Maroney. Its time for LM to step up or loose his job.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from TrueChamp. Show TrueChamp's posts

I like the "The Law Firm" as much as the next guy but saying he should be higher on the depth chart then maroney this year is unwarrented.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from ET27. Show ET27's posts

[QUOTE]I like the "The Law Firm" as much as the next guy but saying he should be higher on the depth chart then maroney this year is unwarrented.
    Posted by TrueChamp[/QUOTE]
    Don't forget stupid as well.  Last year Maroney missed practically the entire season with an injury.  The last 4 or 5 games before the Giant debacle in the SB he was an outstanding RB.  He'll be fine.  Get him the ball in open space in the flat and he will tear apart defenses.  He's hasn't caught many passes, but I can't remember him dropping any either.  Here's my vote for the PATS utilizing their RB's and TE's more effectively in the passing game. 

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from superfxb. Show superfxb's posts

I am pulling for Maroney and I hope he can stay healthy and improve but I dont care how old Morris is. When he is healthy hes been great and I wouldnt be surprised if he plays more then the rest .

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from 4Adam13. Show 4Adam13's posts

Maroney is a bum. He should be on Dancing with the Stars. The Pats should have traded him this off season. His YPC isn't indicative to how he has played. He has compensated many 1-3 yard carries with a 15 yard scamper opened up by a dominant OL. He's got the tools, but he is so afraid of getting hit that plays timid. And to the "maroney will break out this year" fan club, we've been saying it before. Sometimes you gotta cut your losses. And he's HAD WR's the past two years.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from joe81b. Show joe81b's posts

I say put Maroney in a similar role to the one he had in his rookie season.  He was one of the best in the league at kickoff returns.  Let Morris or Taylor start then use Maroney as a change of pace back.  Once the defense starts slowing down then it is the perfect time to utilize Maroney's speed.   Its not like he's being paid that much,  Taylor and Faulk are paid higher even though LM was a first round pick, so in a way its unrealistic to think he should have anything more than a contributing role.   Morris is very consistent at hittting the open hole and getting atleast 3-4 yards so let him wear down the D.   I don't think Maroney is a bust but maybe he could fill another role better than the starting role. 

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from wozzy. Show wozzy's posts

[QUOTE]I like the "The Law Firm" as much as the next guy but saying he should be higher on the depth chart then maroney this year is unwarrented.
    Posted by TrueChamp[/QUOTE]

I agree with what you're saying here truechamp, people get ridiculous and think just because someone hasn't stayed healthy that somehow they stink, the years have proven when players have been written off they can come back stronger than ever and justify their draft status... nobody is as fast, strong or shifty as Maroney.  It's because he is there early that Sammy Morris can look so good later against second tier defenders.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from joe81b. Show joe81b's posts

Everyone seems to forget the way he ran towards the end of 2007 and into the playoffs.  Very likely one of the top 1-2 backs in the league during that stretch.  if he stays healthy and the passing game is deadly again then he'll be able to use his open field skills again to create problems for opposing teams

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from reegz04. Show reegz04's posts

Green-Ellis...

Am I the only one who sees this man has tremendous potential??? all the talks about Maroney, Maroney ....I think at this point they should take a chance with this young guy...it may pay off tremendously..if he can stay healthy...He's looked great in every outing I've seen him play so its interesting to see where he'll fit in

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from mosseffect43. Show mosseffect43's posts

how often do we see a 1,000 yrd rusher on our team?the way the pats system is with brady,its throw first,and then run.plus just recently we started seeing 1,000 yrds receiving with the additions of moss,and welker.with the ball being passed around to all the receivers,we are fortunate to see a 1,000 yrd receiver,let alone two!you wont see any te,s post up big numbers for sure,so the watson bashing is crazy,for his numbers are not bad with brady.running backs by committee wont put up high numbers either.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Wizardsjag. Show Wizardsjag's posts

I'd like to see them give Maroney a chance to keep his job. He got injured in week 1 last year and ended up playing hurt a couple games. In his first game he averaged 5.1 yards a carry, didn't do much after he got hurt. The last meaningful time he was our running back he had 4.5 yards a carry regular season and  playoffs. Yes I'd like to see a little less dancing and more consistency, but if he averages 4.5 yards a carry this year and plays near the full season as the main back you'd have to say that that's a success. In the Pats rotational backfield I still don't expect anyone over 800 yards, but as a team they could end well into the top 10. Maybe the top 5.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from themightypatriots. Show themightypatriots's posts

If he does that thing one more time where he runs up to the line, comes to a complete stop and looks around before being tackled, cut him. 

Sections
Shortcuts