Maroney

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Plastics017. Show Plastics017's posts

Maroney

Was he taken out of the Saints game after he fumbled?  I noticed they were running Kevin on 1st & 2nd down...  Is this what happened?  He ran really well on that first drive, but then the fumble happened.....

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from K-max. Show K-max's posts

Re: Maroney

Yes.  He found a new way to kill the team.  He was actually looking good (I'm saying that with a straight face) before fumbling away our running game.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from grego84. Show grego84's posts

relax...he fumbled, was picked up by a saints lineman, maroney tracked back and laid the hit on the guy which caused the fumble and the pats got it back.  They actually ended up scoring on that drive with a maroney rush TD.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from TrueChamp. Show TrueChamp's posts

Yes Kmax Maroney is the problem with this offense. Good One.

To the original poster yes we benched Maroney for the last qtr and a half Pretty smart considering he was the only player keeping us in the game with 15 carries for almost 70 yards and 2 tds( 8 tds in 6 games)  Without a consistent "run plan" we are not getting it done with the 50 pass attempts a game. We need offensive balance. Bring back Charlie Weis. We should have road Maroney for 30 carries in this game which would have kept us from being read like an open book and also kept the ball out of Brees's hands.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from dshort3333. Show dshort3333's posts

In Response to Re: Maroney:
    [QUOTE]Yes Kmax Maroney is the problem with this offense. Good One. To the original poster yes we benched Maroney for the last qtr and a half Pretty smart considering he was the only player keeping us in the game with 15 carries for almost 70 yards and 2 tds( 8 tds in 6 games)  Without a consistent "run plan" we are not getting it done with the 50 pass attempts a game. We need offensive balance. Bring back Charlie Weis. We should have road Maroney for 30 carries in this game which would have kept us from being read like an open book and also kept the ball out of Brees's hands.
    Posted by TrueChamp[/QUOTE]

absolutely agree we need to keep running it!!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from K-max. Show K-max's posts

"Yes Kmax Maroney is the problem with this offense. Good One."

I won't make any reading comprehension jokes or take any shots at you Champ but in the future try to show some class and a little respect by not misquoting what I wright.  You already called me a troll the other day now this.  If it's a fight you want I'll oblige you, hell it won't be the 1st. 2nd, 3rd or 4th time I get kicked off.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from jasonh86. Show jasonh86's posts

I thought Maroney was running hard, actually.  Now he just needs to learn to hold onto the ball better while running hard and he will actually be a pretty reliable back, I think.  He won't be spectacular like Chris Johnson or Adrian Peterson, but I think he could help the offense stay balanced and eat up some clock.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from carawaydj. Show carawaydj's posts

Even before his 2nd half fumble, why is it we never ride the hot hand?  Only once this season did we ride the hot hand and let Fred Taylor have a lot of "nearly consecutive" touches.  If it was a receiver that was hot, he'd get the ball until the D stopped him.  If an RB is hot, as was Maroney, we say "sit down, let's see if Morris is hot too"...  It just seemed like Maroney was on a roll and we sat him down.  Maybe he got dinged up or something.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from MarcW1. Show MarcW1's posts

What's an acceptable number of fumbles a running back should be allowed?  1 per 60 carries?  Fumbles are going to happen.  The way tackling is taught, defenders are ripping at the ball while other defenders are standing the guy up.  Look at Adrian Petersons fumbles.  Sometimes fumbles happen at unfortunate times, but so do interceptions.  Maroney isn't a fumle happy back.  I'm sure he's working on it. 

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from slapointe1232. Show slapointe1232's posts

OK, in that game the costly turnover wasn't Maroney's fumble (which he later capped off with a TD) it was Brady's interception. 

Give Maroney a break. Granted the guy hasn't played  as well as we all hoped but Adrian Peterson, who many consider the best back in the league, fumbled twice last week and two fumbles/game is not all that unusual for Peterson.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from mississippipatfan. Show mississippipatfan's posts

I think Maroney is looking a lot better running the ball.  He still dances a little but not has much.  Since he have ran over alot of defenders, he is trying to be the power back we need.  We are getting healthy all the way around and it is going be great by the playoffs.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from TrueChamp. Show TrueChamp's posts

[QUOTE]"Yes Kmax Maroney is the problem with this offense. Good One." I won't make any reading comprehension jokes or take any shots at you Champ but in the future try to show some class and a little respect by not misquoting what I wright.  You already called me a troll the other day now this.  If it's a fight you want I'll oblige you, hell it won't be the 1st. 2nd, 3rd or 4th time I get kicked off.
    Posted by K-max[/QUOTE]

A fight to the death sir (can I say that on here) Look I just don't like it when supposed Pats fans make asinine statements like "Belichick is digging us a hole" Sorry if that was another misquote but it was close enough. I can't help but call someone out when they are insinuating that Belichick is the problem with this team. Or when people (like you) can't admit when they were wrong on guys like Maroney who has been a beast for us the past month and a half. Which by the way is exactly the same time he took over the feature role in the backfield.

Please enough with the rose colored glasses comments or whatever else you say. We all realize this team is not what it was in 2007 but suggesting that BB is the problem and that the Raiders dump there garbage on us just makes me think you are an anti Pats guy. I don't think Burgess was supposed to be the answer or an every down guy but just another fill in. TBC has been good in situational football other then that I agree our pass rush is horrid but the free agent market was not exactly stacked with pass rushing studs. I think BB brought in talent this off season but due to lack of continuity in the defense and the coordinators being so new to BB's system it has not translated into overwhelming success.

With your line of reasoning maybe you want one of these fresh new young coaches like a Todd Haley or Spagnola to replace BB because our 7-4 1st place record is so terrible. Be happy with what we have. We are down but not out by any means.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from prolate0spheroid. Show prolate0spheroid's posts

Maroney was back in for at least a few snaps after his fumble. I think they brought in Morris for a while after the fumble but went back to Maroney eventually. They did, however, give up on the run pretty much in the fourth quarter, which meant no one (other than Faulk on draw plays) was running the ball.

The fumbles are a problem, but overall I think Maroney's been running pretty well for several games now.  I think they should use him more, not less.  

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from 617AcrossDaBoard. Show 617AcrossDaBoard's posts

[QUOTE]Even before his 2nd half fumble, why is it we never ride the hot hand?  Only once this season did we ride the hot hand and let Fred Taylor have a lot of "nearly consecutive" touches.  If it was a receiver that was hot, he'd get the ball until the D stopped him.  If an RB is hot, as was Maroney, we say "sit down, let's see if Morris is hot too"...  It just seemed like Maroney was on a roll and we sat him down.  Maybe he got dinged up or something.
    Posted by carawaydj[/QUOTE]

Couldn't say it any better myself.. we did the same thing in the Colts game with a big lead.  As soon as we put Maroney back in he fumbled. You can't just sub a guy in & out & expect him to stay consistent. If Maroney is going to play tailback put him out there on MOST 1st & 2nd downs with Faulk on most 3rd downs. Let Morris come in to give Maroney a breather but once he's ready send him back in. That's what makes us so predictable but its also what makes Faulk so effective in draw plays.

And the same goes for Taylor when returns. Whoever is #1 on the depth chart should be the one getting majority of the 1st & 2nd down snaps. Kevin Faulk is the ideal 3rd down back so no big debate there unless its short yardage.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from K-max. Show K-max's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Maroney : A fight to the death sir (can I say that on here) Look I just don't like it when supposed Pats fans make asinine statements like "Belichick is digging us a hole" Sorry if that was another misquote but it was close enough. I can't help but call someone out when they are insinuating that Belichick is the problem with this team. Or when people (like you) can't admit when they were wrong on guys like Maroney who has been a beast for us the past month and a half. Which by the way is exactly the same time he took over the feature role in the backfield. Please enough with the rose colored glasses comments or whatever else you say. We all realize this team is not what it was in 2007 but suggesting that BB is the problem and that the Raiders dump there garbage on us just makes me think you are an anti Pats guy. I don't think Burgess was supposed to be the answer or an every down guy but just another fill in. TBC has been good in situational football other then that I agree our pass rush is horrid but the free agent market was not exactly stacked with pass rushing studs. I think BB brought in talent this off season but due to lack of continuity in the defense and the coordinators being so new to BB's system it has not translated into overwhelming success. With your line of reasoning maybe you want one of these fresh new young coaches like a Todd Haley or Spagnola to replace BB because our 7-4 1st place record is so terrible. Be happy with what we have. We are down but not out by any means.
    Posted by TrueChamp[/QUOTE]

Obsess much? 

I really don't give a F#*! what you like or don't like.  You and what you think mean less then nothing to me.  You don't control the content of the board nor can you surpress free speech.  You are a TrueChump and instead of getting worked up and thrown off I'll chose to make you the first non jet/colt/yankee troll I ignore. 

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from harleyroadking103. Show harleyroadking103's posts

It's not much of a war if you two ignore each other Cool.....agree to disagree gents and move on. We need less drama around here....OK on to squishing the fish.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Yapple. Show Yapple's posts

If I were the coach, I would run Maroney 30 times a game.
    This reminds me of NBA coaches who sit down someone who picks up two fouls. How do you expect them to learn how to play defense if they're wondering if the next foul will send them to the bench? How do you expect Maroney to learn how to be a consistently good NFL back if he's on the sidelines? Also, I don't see the point of mentioning that Adrian Peterson fumbles a lot. 

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from TrueChamp. Show TrueChamp's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Maroney : Obsess much?  I really don't give a F#*! what you like or don't like.  You and what you think mean less then nothing to me.  You don't control the content of the board nor can you surpress free speech.  You are a TrueChump and instead of getting worked up and thrown off I'll chose to make you the first non jet/colt/yankee troll I ignore. 
    Posted by K-max[/QUOTE]

Good Talk!

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from patsfaninsatx. Show patsfaninsatx's posts

BB is relying too much on Brady's arm.  NE is not the Colts, they dont have to pass every down.  The Pats have a pretty good back in Maroney and they always seem to take him out when he gets hot....that kills me.

As far as the AP comparison, I dont think anyone is saying the LM is on the same level as AP, they are just saying this guy fumbles as well.  If Childress took out AP everytime he fumbled we wouldnt know who he is. 

If turnovers are what get you benched then they should have put TB12 on the bench along time ago, because he has been throwing alot of pics lately.  But I just have to believe that OBrien doesnt know what he is doing...he knows more than me, but he is making the calls on offense and when Maroney gets subbed out I put that on him. 

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from gfkr2. Show gfkr2's posts

To think of very good NFL running backs like Reggie Bush, Marshawn Lynch, and Willie Parker all standing on the sidelines during games when the best the Patriots have is Lawrence Maroney make be want to scream.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from pyegian. Show pyegian's posts

Willie Parker is old and washed up, Marshawn Lynch is getting outplayed by Fred Jackson, and Reggie Bush is the 3rd running back on his own team for a reason.

Maroney has been playing well. In the past six games, he has run for 420 yards and 8 touchdowns.  That translates to around 1150 yards and 20 touchdowns over the course of a season.

I truly believe that if the Patriots are going to be successful in December and beyond, they are going to have to feed Maroney the rock.  It's that simple, ride him while he's running well.  You need to be able to run the ball in December.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from K-max. Show K-max's posts

Any apologist care to make an excuse....any.......Bueller...........Bueller.........Bueller.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Plastics017. Show Plastics017's posts

Maroney S U C K S!  Its obvious this lack of a running game is HURTING us big time this year....

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from btownteamsrking. Show btownteamsrking's posts

no surprise, matt light is back and Maroney had no where to go.  when Vollmer was there, Maroney was finding ways through. 

a running back is only as good as his blockers and our blockers are terrible.

Adrian Peterson would hate our retarded o line. chris johnson would quit

Sections
Shortcuts