Maroney!!!!

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from prolate0spheroid. Show prolate0spheroid's posts

Re: Maroney!!!!

In Response to Re: Maroney!!!!:
    In Response to Re: Maroney!!!! : I agree.  For the number of times he was thrown toward you have to expect he will lose some battles.   
    Posted by chrisakawoody

True, but if he were playing well opposing QBs wouldn't be throwing at him so much.  

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from tenace4life. Show tenace4life's posts

In Response to Re: Maroney!!!! : True, but if he were playing well opposing QBs wouldn't be throwing at him so much.  
    Posted by prolate0spheroid

they were throwing to his man because he was covering their best player . . . Pat's still need a better pass RUSH!  As bad as he has been this year he is far from being Maroney!!!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from prolate0spheroid. Show prolate0spheroid's posts

In Response to Re: Maroney!!!! : they were throwing to his man because he was covering their best player . . . Pat's still need a better pass RUSH!  As bad as he has been this year he is far from being Maroney!!!
    Posted by tenace4life

Fair enough . . . even Derrelle Revis hasn't been able to completely shut down Marshall. But McCourty is getting targeted a lot this season, and that's not what you'd expect to see if he were perceived by opposing QBs as a top corner.  

Still, I haven't given up on the guy.  He's made some excellent plays this year too. One thing that puts him way ahead of guys like Butler and Wilhite is that he can run with receivers (if he isn't fooled by a fake) and he can play the ball and break up passes.  He's still got potential, but he's got to stop losing his receivers and letting them get behind him. 

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from mojobag101. Show mojobag101's posts

In Response to Re: Maroney!!!! : In the end I got a decent & pretty respectable score of 8 on my try.  The questions is, can anyone here BEAT my score?  Ya know, often times it's tough to find every mistake in these Highlights for Children's Magazine back-covers...  some of the images start bluring together, then in some areas of the image ya say to yourself, "Well, I guess a fireman could  be sitting on a tree branch with a fiddle in 1 hand and a turkey drumstick in the other, So it ain't really a mistake per se ."  See in the end, ya gotta begin with a mistake being a true Factually Incorrect Error, the you're all set-up to go from there... 
    Posted by LazarusintheSanatorium

..............What ever you have. Pass some of it here. Must be a virtual labyrinth inside a beautiful mind..........where linear thoughts never quite reach the exits.........only partially escaping tucked in the pockets of rambling verse........rock on!!

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from mojobag101. Show mojobag101's posts

In Response to Re: Maroney!!!! : tcal ~ ...Especially true back in the days when I used to drink, Whenever I Happened to Walk Face first into a Wall, I'd look directly at the wall and say: "Blaaah, How did get here Wall-ey? (glut, glut, glurp) Have' you always b-EEeen here, 'cause don't 'member ya always b-eeeen here, I HATE you J#RK- Noooo, I's sorr-ey- Love you, Laz love youuu, Do youz have any pain-killers you keepin' boarded-ed-ezzz up inside you, da wall? I betttt'chooo DO! Prozably keeps'in 'em AAaaall for yourz-zelf, an' not sharin'... I'zzz low on beer-zez right at this now time, Gots any longer beer more, Wall? An' WHERE'z my left shoe, what da He!!z happened wid dat? How long I been walkin' round wid jus' 1 shoe on?! BOY, Laz is drunks sure-indipity! YOU know gots any hot brunette chick's number does you? Cause DAS' what I need now- And along with a shoe too, 2 shoes not 1. So Youzz decided ta keep shoe bordered up wid all dem percoset you stashin' inside you wall, Huh?!? Well, we'll jus' see 'bout dat when mister crowbar introduces hiz-zelf too's you- 'cause HE Laz's friend not likes YOU j#rk hate wall! I'z sorrey, I would no do dat to you, you my friend, you nice guy, I luv-ez you guy who keeps rain out, Or is dat mister ceiling's job- I forget now...I'll KILL you for stealin' my shoe, Where'z my SHOE?!?" ~I never said it was a trully fitting parrallel, did I? 
    Posted by LazarusintheSanatorium

Since I started bashing on DMC I realized that I must take the advice of my sage great grandmother and finish what I started in order to have inner peace...So I looked around the house to find things I'd started but hadn't finished, so I finished off a bottle of Merlot, a bottle of Chardonnay, a bodle of Bailey's, a butle  uv wum, tha mainer of Valiunimum prsciptuns,ana boxa choclitz....Yu haf no idr howfablus I feel rite now.Sned thisvice to allwho nid inner piz and tellum u luvum.............               

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from soups. Show soups's posts

There's that old saying, "Don't come to me with a problem.  Come with a solution."

Mr. Mojo:  We know he stinks.  You're preaching to the choir. 

So what's your plan? You have yet to suggest a thing; just whining and whining.  What is your idea to improve the secondary???

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from hardright. Show hardright's posts

How does a young guy lose cover skills so rapidly? He has to be playing with an injury. Lets hope for DMC to come around in the playoffs.
    Posted by MoreRings

This is my belief as well. He was too good last year to suddenly suck like this. I know the shoulder is injured, but I have to believe he's been dealing with some other kind of injury this year that may have sapped some of his speed and quickness. And he was excellent in coverage last year. To attribute his INTs last year to just playing "zone" coverage is completely wrong. He ran step-for-step with some of the best WRs in the NFL last year and did a great job against them.

Also, the lack of continuity in the secondary, as well as the lack of experience at safety (i.e., the lack of communication back there) has to be a factor as well. A few times when he's been beaten deep he's looked at the safety after the play as if to say, "you were supposed to be providing deep help on that one...what happened?"

Not a bust. That's crazy talk. You don't have a rookie year like he had and be labeled a bust (I don't think Maroney was a bust either--just a disappointment).

If they get safety help in the offseason and get a healthy year out of Chung in 2012, and McCourty still struggles like he did in 2011, then fine...go ahead and use the bust label. But it's way too early to use it now.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from dmcpatsfan. Show dmcpatsfan's posts

What a lousy thread...

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

It's easy to pick on McCourty, I'm guilty of this also .
    Would he be this bad if Chung was there ?  or a healthy backfield ?
    It's the same in many sports,  it's easy to look bad when you want to over-compensate errors and missing players.
    Sure right now he sux but I won't pass judgement and call the guy a bust.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from mojobag101. Show mojobag101's posts

There's that old saying, "Don't come to me with a problem.  Come with a solution." Mr. Mojo:  We know he stinks.  You're preaching to the choir.  So what's your plan? You have yet to suggest a thing; just whining and whining.  What is your idea to improve the secondary???
    Posted by soups

Draft better at that position and if there is a TRUE top notch corner in this draft, try moving up and taking the stud instead of always moving down and grabbing the dud. Not bashing BB's OVERALL draft record, just a lil tired of always passing up potential SOLUTIONS and trading down every year in every draft..........Once again these are just my humble opinions...........

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from mojobag101. Show mojobag101's posts

In Response to Re: Maroney!!!! : This is my belief as well. He was too good last year to suddenly suck like this. I know the shoulder is injured, but I have to believe he's been dealing with some other kind of injury this year that may have sapped some of his speed and quickness. And he was excellent in coverage last year. To attribute his INTs last year to just playing "zone" coverage is completely wrong. He ran step-for-step with some of the best WRs in the NFL last year and did a great job against them. Also, the lack of continuity in the secondary, as well as the lack of experience at safety (i.e., the lack of communication back there) has to be a factor as well. A few times when he's been beaten deep he's looked at the safety after the play as if to say, "you were supposed to be providing deep help on that one...what happened?" Not a bust. That's crazy talk. You don't have a rookie year like he had and be labeled a bust (I don't think Maroney was a bust either--just a disappointment). If they get safety help in the offseason and get a healthy year out of Chung in 2012, and McCourty still struggles like he did in 2011, then fine...go ahead and use the bust label. But it's way too early to use it now.
    Posted by hardright

Not a bust and just a disappointment............Such a healthy tint of rose on your glasses. That bum couldn't even make it in Denver and is now on the outside of football next to Jamarcus Russell in Bust Alley!!!!   Really??

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from unclealfie. Show unclealfie's posts

Alright, I've been hard on McCourty all year too, but to claim he is a "Bust" is a tad excessive. He had an elite rookie year, making it to the Pro Bowl and now he is clearly in a 'Sophomore Slump' but let's hold off all of the ridiculous 'bust' talk.
    Posted by IrishMob7

Agreed.

He made a couple of good plays vs denver and I thought he was coming out of it but he was back to his old tricks Saturday.

How hard can it be to remember to look back and find the ball when the receiver brings his arms up to catch it?

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from chrisakawoody. Show chrisakawoody's posts

Here's the catch, so to speak: CBs/DBs are usually shorter.  A taller guy can't change direction and accelerate as well as a short guy.  Shorter guys have faster twitch muscles.  That's why the best cyclists are short.  They can accelerate faster and respond better to break-aways and sprints. And that's why tall guys are usually not CBs.  They are WRs.

McCourty is short.  So he can well cover guys when they run twisting and turning patterns better than a tall DB can.  But when that lanky WR shoots downfield, a shorter guy like McCourty just can't keep stride, and even if he can, the pass is beyond his reach.  It's a matter of physiology.  

You guys want him to be able to cover in every situation, but he is not built to do it, as most CBs are not.  DBs just don't win every battle.  They win about 30% of the time against an excellent  QB and receiver.  That's a 70% failure rate.  Against the least of pro QBs and WRs, they may win no more than 50% of the battles on average.  So when you see McC get beat on three long passes and a few others, you need to keep it in context.

What is supposed to happen to prevent long passes?  The pass rushers are supposed to consistently put pressure on the QB so that he can't get off accurate, long passes. Ideally, they should do it so well that the QB won't try, or better yet, the QB will be so rushed that he will throw a bad pass and the DB will make an INT, which is exactly what happened when McC made his INT.

I know I am looking like a McC apologist. I am not.  Check my record. But we have posters here even knocking him on his INT.  That's whack.  Throw in that he is playing injured and I don;t think he is getting a fair shake.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from mojobag101. Show mojobag101's posts

I may have had an out-of body experience and am not thinking straight but I thought he played a pretty good game. The safety did not come up and help out on the first long play he gave up but otherwise he kept up pretty well with some big receivers. Knocked a few balls down. Am I the only one who feels this way?
    Posted by neinmd

......Here's to hoping for a safe return to your body......... ;-)

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from mojobag101. Show mojobag101's posts

........and honestly,erratic is being kind. That ball was so poorly underthrown that Vince Wilfork might have had time to intercept it had he turned and ran. Make me eat crow Devin...........got my knife and fork ready...

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from mojobag101. Show mojobag101's posts

BUST!!  Tight hips and easily beat on dbl moves!!!!  BUST  Horrible in press coverage causing him to play at least 5 yrs off the man!!! BUST!!!.. Excelled in ZONE coverage better suited for nickel or FS.   BUST!!! It's just my humble opinion and whether it's too early remains to be seen. The only reason why I named this post Maroney is because in over 40 yrs as a Pats fan, Only Laura caused me to yell bust this early in his career. Everyone jumped on me then and I expected the same this time, but I'm one for one....  Personally I hope he is just injured and comes back to make me eat some serious crow, but I highly doubt it. If I had to draw a comparison to another Boston sports figure, it would be Big Baby Davis.  From season bench star and then playoff Beast to a season of mediocrity .............then POOF!!!! GONE!!!!
    Posted by mojobag101

Is That DMC I see at SAFETY?????
    Looks someone on this forum know a lil bit about this here game called Football.........."better suited for nickel or FS".....classic

Sections
Shortcuts