Marquice Cole gone

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from prolate0spheroid. Show prolate0spheroid's posts

Marquice Cole gone

At least for now.  He was a reasonable special teams player.  Wonder what Belichick has in mind for his roster spot.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from ghostofjri37. Show ghostofjri37's posts

Re: Marquice Cole gone

In response to prolate0spheroid's comment:

At least for now.  He was a reasonable special teams player.  Wonder what Belichick has in mind for his roster spot.

OL perhaps? Vollmer and Svitek not 100%.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from prolate0spheroid. Show prolate0spheroid's posts

In response to ghostofjri37's comment:

OL perhaps? Vollmer and Svitek not 100%.

Could be . . . or a DT with Wilfork's foot.  Here are the likely candidates.  

Practice Squad # NAME Ps. HT. WT. AGE EXP. COLLEGE 68 Cave, Braxston OL 6-3 305 24 R Notre Dame 49 Davis, Ja'Gared LB 6-0 245 23 R Southern Methodist 36 Davis, Kanorris S 5-10 207 23 R Troy 65 Devey, Jordan T 6-6 317 25 R Memphis 98 Forston, Marcus DL 6-3 305 23 1 Miami 69 Francis, A.J. DL 6-5 316 23 R Maryland 41 Green, Justin DB 5-11 195 22 R Illinois 67 Kline, Josh OL 6-3 295 23 R Kent State

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

Thank goodness.  I never want to see Cole on defense again.  Having him on the field as a DB is the same as not playing with one.  He is horrible.  Gladly fill his ST spot.

---------------------------------------------

"Being the best doesn't mean you always win. It just means you win more than anybody else."  Text received by Tom Brady from Kurt Warner after Ravens loss.

view my Patriots photoshops at patsfanfotoshop.tumblr.com

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from prolate0spheroid. Show prolate0spheroid's posts

In response to Harvey-Wallbanger's comment:

Kanorris Davis to be activated.  Cole has a hammy.  Sounds like a release tied to that. Can't see BB going only 4 CBs rest of the year.  THis is  STs need move. Slater is out, Cole with a hammy, need a gunner. 

Could be.  Justin Green would be another possibility.  

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from seawolfxs. Show seawolfxs's posts

Davis is one of those with great measurables Hope he can translate to the game

Pat's Fan lost in Jet Land

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

This is why we don't spend to the salary cap limit folks! Thank you Bill Belichick (Bill laying in the weeds). Now we can sign that all important 5th string offensive lineman from Taco Bell or that undrafted free agent defensive tackle from Thunder Mountain State Minnie Mouse University...thank you very very much.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Muzwell. Show Muzwell's posts

The practice squad actually has 256 players. So the possibilities are numerous.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from seawolfxs. Show seawolfxs's posts

Haven't we done the salary cap hits on BB Already?

Seems they are in the same position as other teams on cap space.

But also, first there must be some one good enough to use the cap money for?

We cannot get all wrapped up on the 53rd player

So the ? Is who would have been brought in at Oline Or DB?  That is better than we have?

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Getzo. Show Getzo's posts

Kanorris Davis to be activated.  Cole has a hammy.  Sounds like a release tied to that. Can't see BB going only 4 CBs rest of the year.  THis is  STs need move. Slater is out, Cole with a hammy, need a gunner. 

LOL, I was hoping it would be gree but...

Patriots signed SS Kanorris Davis from their practice squad.

An undrafted free agent, Davis will replace Marquice Cole on the 53-man roster. He'll contribute on special teams if active this week against the Falcons.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Getzo. Show Getzo's posts

In response to mthurl's comment:

This is why we don't spend to the salary cap limit folks! Thank you Bill Belichick (Bill laying in the weeds). Now we can sign that all important 5th string offensive lineman from Taco Bell or that undrafted free agent defensive tackle from Thunder Mountain State Minnie Mouse University...thank you very very much.

Go cry somewhere else, will ya.  We all know how you, babe, and NAS feel about BB not spending to the cap, which mind you is only about 5 mill right now after signing Nink....

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Getzo. Show Getzo's posts

Dude is a beast as well.. check him out on youtube.  I guess he was a linebacker in college, but switched to a safety.  

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tfgl8HJj9xY

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from pcmIV. Show pcmIV's posts

I once tried that over a campfire and I singed my scrotum.  Not recommended.

Not something I expected to read on this board.  LMFAO!

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Getzo. Show Getzo's posts

In response to Getzo's comment:

Dude is a beast as well.. check him out on youtube.  I guess he was a linebacker in college, but switched to a safety.  

LOL, awesome.  

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from ghostofjri37. Show ghostofjri37's posts

We have some very creative posters... this ought to get a lot of play... still LMFAO

16. This post has been removed.

17. This post has been removed.

18. This post has been removed.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from prolate0spheroid. Show prolate0spheroid's posts

They're looking to cover themselves with Slater out:

SEP 27 7:30 PM ET By Mike Reiss | ESPNBoston.com

The  New England Patriots will promote rookie safety  Kanorris Davis from the practice squad for Sunday night's game against the Falcons, a source confirms. 

The move is not yet official, and there is always a chance the Patriots could reverse course, but Davis caught the team's eye with strong special-teams play in the preseason. 

With top gunners  Matthew Slater (wrist) and  Marquice Cole (released Friday) not suiting up, Davis could be tapped to fill that role, and more, on special teams. 

Davis was signed by the Patriots after going undrafted out of Troy. 

Ben Volin of the Boston Globe first reported Davis' promotion.

Rusty calls it!

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from pezz4pats. Show pezz4pats's posts

No he didn't.  Reiss posted the same exact thing , 2 hours before crusty.  Reiss called it!

Sep 27

4:30

PM ET

By Mike Reiss | ESPNBoston.com

The New England Patriots on Friday announced the release of reserve cornerback Marquice Cole.

Cole had been limited this week with a hamstring injury, and this could be a case where the Patriots needed a roster spot and Cole could return when he is back to full health. His primary contributions have come on special teams.

With the open roster spot, the Patriots could eye a promotion from the practice squad, perhaps along the offensive line or with safety Kanorris Davis as a gunner on special teams.

"The worse New England has gotten on defense, the better Brady has been forced to become -- with 109 touchdowns, 20 interceptions and a 39-9 record the past three seasons. "

CLARK JUDGE______7/13/13_____________________________________

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from ATJ. Show ATJ's posts

I was still on my first cup of coffee when I read that, Rusty.  Randomness at its best. Well played.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from seawolfxs. Show seawolfxs's posts

Reminds me Piere-Paul

He has 4.4 speed?

If he has good hip movement and can plat football , he would be off the charts

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from rtuinila. Show rtuinila's posts

In response to seawolfxs' comment:

Reminds me Piere-Paul

He has 4.4 speed?

If he has good hip movement and can plat football , he would be off the charts

That's what she said!

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from wozzy. Show wozzy's posts

Really like the look of this kid, was a small school guy coming out of Troy but was their best defender playing linebacker, he was the highlight of their Pro Day and also of the Raycom college football all-star classic game, he is more Free Safety than a Strong Safety in terms of size, but is pretty strong with 21 reps on the bench, he ran multiple forties that ranged in the 4.4-4.5 times, his shuttle and three cone times were decent and his jumps were impressive.  He made a lot of solo tackles in college so he plays well in space, also he forced fumbles and got to the QB some which are good traits.  If he can become a solid special team's contributor he will be a nice addition, if he can add some pop at safety in the backfield it will be gravy...

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

Rusty calls it!

He wasn't guessing what was going to happen there.  He was tellling us what he read, presumably at ESPNBoston.

Sections
Shortcuts