Marshall Faulk on Peyton Manning's Legacy

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from dapats1281. Show dapats1281's posts

Marshall Faulk on Peyton Manning's Legacy

"If you believe winning 4 Super Bowls or 3 Super Bowls is better than winning 1, then thats fine. The numbers and what he has done in this league, it says it all, whether it be regular season or post season....I'll take those numbers. I'll take those numbers because with those losses you get wins."

He had a few more seconds of talking before he switched on to Joe Flacco.

Did anyone else see this on NFL Network? Warren Sapp and Michael Irvin were just staring at him with disbelief as he was talking.

Irvin called him out and questioned whether he really thought winning 3 or 4 Super Bowls was not better than winning 1. It also sounded like Faulk was saying he would take statistical success over Super Bowl victories. Also, you don't get wins after a playoff loss, so that statement didn't make any sense. I know he was just backing Manning since they were teammates, but he went far and beyond in trying to back his teammate.

Waren Sapp said it best. Manning didn't hurt his legacy. His numbers are his resume, his legacy is losing in the playoffs.

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from agcsbill. Show agcsbill's posts

Re: Marshall Faulk on Peyton Manning's Legacy

Faulk will go to his grave before he EVER says anything complimentary about the Pats, or rather, even says anything to favor the Pats.  A sad, OLD, football player!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

ROFL. Faulk is just mad because he only won 1 SB and the team that prevented him from a 2nd has 3. I do wonder how loses lead to wins though since in the playoffs a lose means you're done...

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from danemcmenamin. Show danemcmenamin's posts

I just don't understand how Manning's 8 one and dones are consistently ignored it wasn't mentioned once last week! I mean football is a sport that seems to scrutinize statistics and give them such a bearing that the above statement in some places will most likely be agreed with, so how on earth does this major stat get ignored. Can someone just please lay it out to me why this is, when prior to the patriots game against Denver last year in the playoffs Brady was being told in the media that if he didn't win that game he my as well retire and that would only have been 3 one and dones in a row and 4 in his career. Is it because of his remarkable comeback from neck surgery or is it simply that the media love Peyton more than any player in the league? 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from gr82bme. Show gr82bme's posts

More proof that Faulk needs to get his brain checked for post-concussion syndrome.  He's a certifiable moron who only opens his mouth to change feet.  Envy much Marshall?

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat. Show TexasPat's posts

My goodness...I actually find myself to be in full agreement with Rusty. Here's what the Crusty One had to say:

"...Faulk should be fired.  He's an absolute squinty little tool who has no credibility. He's unprofessional and cannot separate his personal opinions from the professional ones."

Amen, brother! Faulk is still smarting from the butt whipping that Brady and the Boys but on him over a decade ago. He worships at the alter of spygate, and cannot be objective. He should be gone. 

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from EnochRoot. Show EnochRoot's posts

Faulk will say and do anything to maintain his world view. 

I remember back before a Colts game in the mid-2000s (pre-Spygate) when Faulk went on about how the Pats were better at this part of the game and that part of the game. Then, when he gave his prediction, he says "Despite this, I think the Colts will win."  Just hilarious commentary.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from NonChalant1. Show NonChalant1's posts

Faulk has teams he just hates on.  He hates the 49ers too. 

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from dapats1281. Show dapats1281's posts

So, just now on NFL Network as they talk about the Patriots,

He mentioned how these playoff losses are on Tom and how it has been the offense that has sputtered in the playoffs.

But I guess as long as he has the regular season numbers, Marshall Faulk will take it...

Took him under an hour to already contradict himself

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from GEAUX-TIGRES. Show GEAUX-TIGRES's posts

His hate stems from that SB beating to the Pats. They literally got punched in the mouth that game and he resents it. Like I said, move on and let it go. Finally, why is he an analyst? Why are not the more mundane players, who are physically presentable enough, with a truck load of football acumen and knowledge sitting in his chair instead? What's worse, is that there are countless others like him attempting to analyze a game and they got their job from past accomplishments. I just look at my former coaching buddies and shake my head in disbelief at some of the nonsensical comments spewing from their mouths. I guess past stars shine brightest. I think TB would probably be a fine analyst. He has charm and a gentler approach from being around BB for so long and he would be objective. My 2 sense.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from GEAUX-TIGRES. Show GEAUX-TIGRES's posts

I would say the Pats' D put on them. TB threw for less than 150 yards, leads the last drive and earns an MVP for it. Adam should have won that award.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from EnochRoot. Show EnochRoot's posts

I see Brady as being a thoughtful analyst like Dilfer. I can even see him saying "I never liked them, but..."

I still don't understand why Herem Edwards is not only an analyst, but so highly regarded, it seems. I keep waiting for him to say "Why they didn't just run it three times and punt is beyond me."