Marshall Faulk

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Tomhab. Show Tomhab's posts

Re: Marshall Faulk

In response to 42AND46's comment:

In response to Rodimus77's comment:

In response to UD6's comment:

In response to TheGuyWithDaThing's comment:

Brady averages 11 picks per year. Manning 14.8.

Manning already has 53 more attempts this year than Brady had in 2007.

That ought to do it, unless there are those that believe Manning's defense was bad enough that it forced him to pass and forced him to press.  Example:  Manning' Pick six in his last SB.  Did you know that Drew Brees was on his way to a 25 of 26 finish to the superbowl.  INdy's D could not stop him.  Special teams gave up an onside kick.  If the other area's of team were not going to help, then it was up to Manning. 

Oh - and in 2007 when Brady broke Manning's record, Brady threw 79 more passes than Manning AND Manning sat the final game while Brady played the entire game.  That ought to do it.

Patriots have three Lombardi trophies! Sent your little ponies home twice enroute to achieving them! Outscored your little ponies 82-30 one season during that Dynasty! You're still upset about that! That ought to do it!

see there is the ol' fly in the ointment of ur point Rod-o: the PATRIOTS have three Lombardis not Tom Brady

No way Manning plays any better in the snow as a Patriot so it's possible that Brady would have taken a couple of those trophys if he had the tools that Manning did in Indy during those year.  I'd rather have a healthy Bledsoe than Manning playing in NE for those years

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from 42AND46. Show 42AND46's posts

In response to kman2004's comment:

That ought to do it, unless there are those that believe Manning's defense was bad enough that it forced him to pass and forced him to press.  Example:  Manning' Pick six in his last SB.  Did you know that Drew Brees was on his way to a 25 of 26 finish to the superbowl.  INdy's D could not stop him.  Special teams gave up an onside kick.  If the other area's of team were not going to help, then it was up to Manning. 

Oh - and in 2007 when Brady broke Manning's record, Brady threw 79 more passes than Manning AND Manning sat the final game while Brady played the entire game.  That ought to do it.

Patriots have three Lombardi trophies! Sent your little ponies home twice enroute to achieving them! Outscored your little ponies 82-30 one season during that Dynasty! You're still upset about that! That ought to do it!

Yep, but Peyton Manning is still better than Tom Brady. 

If you want 1st downs and touch downs from week 1-12, yea you're right. If you want a player that wins big games in the playoffs then Brady is better. Stats don't lie.

If winning playoff games and SB's is used as a way to guage which QB is best, one could argue not only is Brady better but Rothlisburger & Flacco are better as well. If I had to pick a Current QB for 1 playoff game and it wasn't Brady I would definitely pick a healthy Flacco over a healthy Peyton Manning.

Tom Brady

Playoff record: 17-7
    Home playoff record: 11-3
    Road playoff record: 3-2
    Non-wild card playoff record: 15-6
    30-30-30 seasons: 0
    Playoff points per game average: 24.75
    Super Bowl appearances: 5
    Super Bowl rings: 3

Peyton Manning

Playoff record: 9-11
    Home playoff record: 6-5
    Road playoff record: 2-5
    Non-wild card playoff record: 6-7
    Playoff points per game average: 23.00
    Super Bowl appearances: 2
    Super Bowl rings: 1

Ben Roethlisberger

Playoff record: 10-4
    Home playoff record: 5-2
    Road playoff record: 3-1
    Non-wild card playoff record: 9-2
    Playoff points per game average: 26.50
    Super Bowl appearances: 3
    Super Bowl rings: 2

Joe Flacco

Playoff record: 9-4
    Home playoff record: 2-0
    Road playoff record: 6-4
    Non-wild card playoff record: 5-4
    Playoff points per game average: 23.85
    Super Bowl appearances: 1
    Super Bowl rings: 1

these are very interesting stats and I have not seen them presented this way before...where did u get these Kman? Or if I can ask a favor can u post Eli's?

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from melswitts. Show melswitts's posts

In response to TexasPat's comment:

In response to 49Patriots' comment:

Saying Peyton is better than Tom is not an insult to Tom, Peyton is one of the greatest QBs to ever play the game.

Faulk is a well known Patriots hater. Perhaps he really does feel that Peyton is the best ever. But, more likely, he still is letting his anti-Patriots bias and his ridiculous belief that spygate somehow cost his beloved Rams SB 36, shine through.

Don't know who is a bigger cry-baby, Marshall or LaDainian Tomlinson. 

Marshall...LT now sings the praises of one TB and BB..he has  been reborn into the light...praise Da Lawd.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from 42AND46. Show 42AND46's posts

In response to Tomhab's comment:

see there is the ol' fly in the ointment of ur point Rod-o: the PATRIOTS have three Lombardis not Tom Brady

No way Manning plays any better in the snow as a Patriot so it's possible that Brady would have taken a couple of those trophys if he had the tools that Manning did in Indy during those year.  I'd rather have a healthy Bledsoe than Manning playing in NE for those years

come on! I understand ur premise but there is no way any sane football fan takes Drew Bledsoe over Peyton Manning under ANY circumstances

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Tomhab. Show Tomhab's posts

come on! I understand ur premise but there is no way any sane football fan takes Drew Bledsoe over Peyton Manning under ANY circumstances

If you understood Football fans your would confuse us with Sane people...There is no Sanity Claus!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from 42AND46. Show 42AND46's posts

If you understood Football fans your would confuse us with Sane people...There is no Sanity Claus!

haha good point

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from jaytftwofive. Show jaytftwofive's posts

In response to Beantowne's comment:

Please justify how Manning throws 4 more INT's per year than Brady, and how he has equaled or surpassed Brady's high for INT's 8 times in his career.

Well, I'd tell you that Manning had more pressure on him to produce due to a weaker defense and kicking game.  Plus, I give Manning a bit of a pass for starting his rookie year on the worst team in the NFL.  But beyond that, the int #'s are somewhat irrelevant, given that Manning has a higher passer rating than Brady.  He throws more TD's, has more 4th quarter comebacks and game winning drives.  Further, in Brady's 14 years, he's got 2 mvps.  Manning will likely have 5 (all during Brady's career).  Focusing on Ints diminishes everything else Manning has done.

not sure I agree...in the contexted of evaluating his place among the best his entire body of work has to be considered....If we eliminate championships or how each played in the post season from the equasion, we're also narrowing the criteria to fit the argument. a name that is never brought up in the conversation for the best is Terry Bradshaw who won 4 rings with the Steelers playing in an era where the QB was not wrapped in bubble wrap and protected as they are in today's game. 

That said, no one that has a grasp on the history of the position and the merits of weighing both the indidual and team accomplishmants should or could argue that Manning does not belong in the conversation for the best of alltime. Using stats as the qualifier is IMHO given the rules of today's game is flawed and have to be weighted with a historical perspective.

That said the quarterback is seen as the leader of his team and as such how well they play when the bright lights of the post season shine on them, must also to be given weight. This is where Manning's career falls short like it or not the fact is that he's struggled to win in games where the the weather was less than ideal. Throwing interceptions has nothing to do with your defense or running game...

In my lifetime Dan Marino is the greatest pure pocket passer that I've ever seen, including manning, he had arguably the strongest arm of all time, could thread a needle 50 yards downfield, make all the throws and had a very quick release. Marino not unlike many other greats in professional sports never played on a super bowl worthy team. It doesn't diminish his standing as one of the best, but many would argue and I would agree it does eliminate him from consideration for the best quarterback alltime...fair or not...For perspective the Patriots of 2001 led by Brady won with what might well be the least talented team to ever win the Superbowl. Brady belongs in the conversation too. I'm ardent Pat's fan and try to look at it without bias but that's probably not possible. while I don't think he's the best to have ever played the position, he still has 4 or 5 years and time to write another chapter.

If I were to name the best in my lifetime In no particular order...

Montana

Namath

Marino

Fouts

Manning

Elway 

Bradshaw

Brady

Stauback

Unitas 

Kelly 

Starr

Young 

Aikman

Stabler

Farve

How can you have Namath and not Fran Tarkenton?? When Dan Marino broke the record in the 90's with 19 NFL passing records whose record did he break? Tarkenton. Namath was very good but too injury prone and too short a career. Had he not damaged his knee at Alabama it would have been a different story. But when you play in New York and win a Super Bowl it elevates you wether you like it or not. Fran did have 5 seasons in New York but they just didn't warm up to him. Fran did play in three Super Bowls but lost all three, because the Vikings played superior teams. And Terry Bradshaw threw almost as many interceptions as touchdowns.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Beantowne. Show Beantowne's posts

In response to jaytftwofive's comment:

Please justify how Manning throws 4 more INT's per year than Brady, and how he has equaled or surpassed Brady's high for INT's 8 times in his career.

Well, I'd tell you that Manning had more pressure on him to produce due to a weaker defense and kicking game.  Plus, I give Manning a bit of a pass for starting his rookie year on the worst team in the NFL.  But beyond that, the int #'s are somewhat irrelevant, given that Manning has a higher passer rating than Brady.  He throws more TD's, has more 4th quarter comebacks and game winning drives.  Further, in Brady's 14 years, he's got 2 mvps.  Manning will likely have 5 (all during Brady's career).  Focusing on Ints diminishes everything else Manning has done.

not sure I agree...in the contexted of evaluating his place among the best his entire body of work has to be considered....If we eliminate championships or how each played in the post season from the equasion, we're also narrowing the criteria to fit the argument. a name that is never brought up in the conversation for the best is Terry Bradshaw who won 4 rings with the Steelers playing in an era where the QB was not wrapped in bubble wrap and protected as they are in today's game. 

That said, no one that has a grasp on the history of the position and the merits of weighing both the indidual and team accomplishmants should or could argue that Manning does not belong in the conversation for the best of alltime. Using stats as the qualifier is IMHO given the rules of today's game is flawed and have to be weighted with a historical perspective.

That said the quarterback is seen as the leader of his team and as such how well they play when the bright lights of the post season shine on them, must also to be given weight. This is where Manning's career falls short like it or not the fact is that he's struggled to win in games where the the weather was less than ideal. Throwing interceptions has nothing to do with your defense or running game...

In my lifetime Dan Marino is the greatest pure pocket passer that I've ever seen, including manning, he had arguably the strongest arm of all time, could thread a needle 50 yards downfield, make all the throws and had a very quick release. Marino not unlike many other greats in professional sports never played on a super bowl worthy team. It doesn't diminish his standing as one of the best, but many would argue and I would agree it does eliminate him from consideration for the best quarterback alltime...fair or not...For perspective the Patriots of 2001 led by Brady won with what might well be the least talented team to ever win the Superbowl. Brady belongs in the conversation too. I'm ardent Pat's fan and try to look at it without bias but that's probably not possible. while I don't think he's the best to have ever played the position, he still has 4 or 5 years and time to write another chapter.

Montana

Namath

Marino

Fouts

Manning

Elway 

Bradshaw

Brady

Stauback

Unitas 

Kelly 

Starr

Young 

Aikman

Stabler

Farve

How can you have Namath and not Fran Tarkenton?? When Dan Marino broke the record in the 90's with 19 NFL passing records whose record did he break? Tarkenton. Namath was very good but too injury prone and too short a career. Had he not damaged his knee at Alabama it would have been a different story. But when you play in New York and win a Super Bowl it elevates you wether you like it or not. Fran did have 5 seasons in New York but they just didn't warm up to him. Fran did play in three Super Bowls but lost all three, because the Vikings played superior teams. And Terry Bradshaw threw almost as many interceptions as touchdowns.

Fran certainly belongs on the list...the list above was off the top of my head and was not meant to be all inclusive...Brees, Rodgers, Eli, Thiesman, Len Dawson...are also names that could be on the List...none however today warrant consideration for best all time....Bradshaw won four rings that alone puts him on the list..

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from agcsbill. Show agcsbill's posts

In response to TexasPat's comment:

In response to RogerLT's comment:

In response to BostonTrollSpanker's comment:

RESPONSE: Joe Montana was a great QB, but is overrated in "the greatest QB of all-time" discussions, because of the tremendous talent that he had around him, on both offense and defense...with the possible exception of his 1981 championship team that beat Cincinnati in the SB, 26-21. Brady has done nearly as much as Joe, with far less talent. As for Peyton, his well documented big game  chokes eliminates him from GOAT consideration, regardless of all his gawdy, dome enhanced stats. 

Bart starr has 7 titles thats pretty easy to assess

Tex...  what you have here supports what I have said to counter UDs support for the fact Manning is a better QB over Brady in this era.  So often, he counters a supporter for Brady with a "Brady had a better defense" statement, yet, fails to acknowledge that Manning, and I am not discounting his talents here, had an offense built around him to support that talent.  IE - giving him a group of talented receivers.  Brady, IMHO, never really has seen the Patriots build an offense around him.  I guess it goes to the oft said phrase:  "Brady improves the players around him." and because of that statement, BB may have never had the impetus to go after really good offensive players all the time. One can only imagine Brady's stats if he had an offense like Manning has had all these years and many say this year's group is his best ever.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from agcsbill. Show agcsbill's posts

[/QUOTE]

Yeah, but, according to UD and his logic, Marino is the better QB because he has such great stats.  Rings don't matter at all since it is a "TEAM" game, so, Montana only got the rings because he had a better team around him.  Marino, on the other hand, was the glue that held the Dolphins together.  If it wasn't for his passing stats, the Dolphins were nothing, ergo, he is the better QB.  This all translates to mean Manning is better than all of them since he has better stats than Marino.  Playoff results and rings mean absolutely nothing.  the proof - Manning is SI's Sportsman of the Year this year and has won what? 

[/QUOTE]

My logic?  I haven't said a thing about Marion and Montana.  Please don't put words in my mouth. 

• Marino won 1 MVP.  Montana won 2. 
    • Montana holds a better passer rating.   
    • Both have 3 1st Team all pro designations
    • In the playoffs, Montana had a significantly better passer rating than Marino. 

Its hard to argue against Montana based on such things.  He was a highly efficient QB, but there's no doubt that Marino threw far more TD's.  In fact, its not even close.  And Marino had far more game winning drives. 

Further, during Montana's significant 12 years in SF - SF had a top 10 ranked defense in scoring 9 of those 12 years and were top 5 - 8 of 12 years.  By contrast in Marino's 17 years, the Dolphins managed a top 10 scoring defense only 5 times.  Its also safe to say that SF had a better coach. 

On balance, I think that Montana might have to be considered better than Marino, but it does appear that Montana had better teams around him than Marino. 

[/QUOTE]

I know you did not say anything specific regarding Marino v Montana, but, my point is you have opted to put your vote into Manning's corner over Brady because of Manning's stats and discount the fact Brady has had far more success in the post season than Manning.  It is safe to say Marino has far better "regular" season stats then Montana, just like Manning over Brady.  In the playoffs, Brady has somewhat better stats and a far better record.  Yet, like you did here for Montana, you point to a better team built around Brady, especially on the defensive side of the ball.

So, in a way, given these various factors, there is no way any player can be considered the GoaT due to the make up of the team around them.  A supporting cast can make or break a player, especially the QB.  Manning is a great "stats" QB, he accumulates them by the boatload over many seasons.   Marino was a great "stats" QB and he accumulated them by the boatload while he was active.  Montana and Brady may not have been the stats hounds like Marino and Brady, but, come the post season, they have those, don't they?

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from 42AND46. Show 42AND46's posts

In response to jaytftwofive's comment:

Montana

Namath

Marino

Fouts

Manning

Elway 

Bradshaw

Brady

Stauback

Unitas 

Kelly 

Starr

Young 

Aikman

Stabler

Farve

Fran certainly belongs on the list...the list above was off the top of my head and was not meant to be all inclusive...Brees, Rodgers, Eli, Thiesman, Len Dawson...are also names that could be on the List...none however today warrant consideration for best all time....Bradshaw won four rings that alone puts him on the list..

.its hard to compare eras but ur list is pretty good and u could certainly throw Brees and Rodgers on there...of course it depends on ur surrounding cast and HC to a certain extent...i was too young to see much of Archie Manning but those who saw him said he was a really talented QB cursed to be stuck on the horrid Saints and get killed every week...his peers also had a lot of respect for his abilities-he could throw well and on the run and make things happen a la Staubach or Elway while scrambling-which in his case was running for his life! What did u think of Archie Manning?

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Iceman4. Show Iceman4's posts

Constant comparison is Brady/Manning

How about ELI vs. Peyton???

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from 42AND46. Show 42AND46's posts

In response to Iceman4's comment:

Constant comparison is Brady/Manning

How about ELI vs. Peyton???

Peyton is a much more talented QB and the better one without a doubt...that said Eli has been better-much actually-in the biggest moments...as great as he is and I believe he might be the greatest regular season week to week QB ever-I don't think he pulls off what Eli did in both SB runs...especially against those opponents on the road. To simplify Peyton: BETTER Eli: CLUTCH

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from UD6. Show UD6's posts

In response to seawolfxs' comment:

In response to prolate0spheroid's comment:

Once again MF has veered off into the tight zone an declared PM greates ever, but this time he had to take a big gulp before it could come out of his mouth

Sanders and Ervin would not let it pas, and said he may not even best of his era, that his career isn't over and his playoff record wasn't so hot 

they didn't mention that his record against TB and the Pats sux, and his record ib clod weather sux, or that he has has had higher quality wrs, or that his stats are inflated by playing in doors. Otr that TB has a stronger arm

First I want the pats to win another sb soon, second I want it to stick in the haters craw and  then I want MF to have to eat it that his boy isn't the greatest. lastly have you noticed all of the Pat haters on espn and nflnet all come from AFC teams. the NFC players like the pats more

MF being PMs buddy from indie and his ram bitterness

So tell us how you really feel.  BTW - Peyton Manning - Greatest QB of his era and all time. 

Too bad he's such a loser in the playoffs. 

ud6

This is always a fun debate, there Qb rating is almost identical but TB I believe has the lowest INT ratio. and when talking the head to head , playoff and weather stats, all you do is come back to sat PN is the greatest kind of weak

PM   = Marino A great complement

TB.= JM A greater complement

JM btw way was the hands down greatest Qb Ever ( until then)never forget Madden saying that in a SB win

Merry Christmas to all

foxes - Manning and Brady have played during the same period for many years.  During their careers - Manning will have won 5 mvps (assuming he wins this year) to Brady's 2.  Brady had every opportunity to win those vs. Manning. 

Manning has earned 6 first team all pro (probably 7 with this year) vs. Brady's 2. 

But you have no answers to how PM sux in bad weather,  or that  his recoed of 4-10 against TB or that TB had In all 5 SBs a go ahead score in the 4th qtr, or PMs 8 "1 and dones with top seeded teams, or that PM played in an indoor rinky dink with HoF wrs that bloated his stats, while their overall Qbr is virtually the same, orTBs.  17.  -7 vs PMs   8-10 in post season

you never answer to any of that. meanwhile only Faulk and other pat haters pick PM while Irvin and Sanders  types pick TB

Right now not too many people would ever pick PM over TB in the 4th qtr, of the SB this February in NJ

Somtimes it is the team the player is on. but PM isn't really even DM PM s stats this year were built on playing the worst Ds in the league. Starting with Balt and his 7 tds. with 4 of them were meaningless. 

the better question is why you come to this  board? Really? we all know you will keep your head stuck in the sand and will never pull it out. That's ok but I wouldn't spend one minute on an Indie blog. And until you really add to any discussion I think il put you back on ignore

I have differences with many pats fans on BB as Gm, TB and the never ending WW vs DA debate, but that's ok , they are Pats fans and you aren'taren't

Wait what?  Peyton Manning won the only bad weather SB in history.  He won it in driving rain and won SB MVP. 

Manning plays against the Patriots defense not Tom Brady.  Tom Brady actually said once that he was glad he did not have to play against his defense. 

Brady wasn't all that stellar in 2001, in fact the team's run included him sitting on the bench while Bledsoe won the game for the team.   I could go on. 

As to the one and done's, I've answered those ad nauseum.  Some of them were not even close to being his fault. 

Why is it that anyone who would consider Manning better than Brady is a pats hater?  How come that always seems to be the case with pats fans - take the goggles off.  I'll throw it back to you.  If Brady was so much better than Manning, why will Manning have 5 mvp's to Brady's 2.  Why will Manning have so many more first team all pro designations?  For you guys who like to think they go head to head - there's no better stat than MVP and 1st All Pro Designations - Manning's got them in spades.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from bostatewarrior. Show bostatewarrior's posts

Awards aren't accomplishments.  The Russian judges gave PM a 10.0.   B EF D

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from UD6. Show UD6's posts

In response to prolate0spheroid's comment:

Once again MF has veered off into the tight zone an declared PM greates ever, but this time he had to take a big gulp before it could come out of his mouth

Sanders and Ervin would not let it pas, and said he may not even best of his era, that his career isn't over and his playoff record wasn't so hot 

they didn't mention that his record against TB and the Pats sux, and his record ib clod weather sux, or that he has has had higher quality wrs, or that his stats are inflated by playing in doors. Otr that TB has a stronger arm

First I want the pats to win another sb soon, second I want it to stick in the haters craw and  then I want MF to have to eat it that his boy isn't the greatest. lastly have you noticed all of the Pat haters on espn and nflnet all come from AFC teams. the NFC players like the pats more

MF being PMs buddy from indie and his ram bitterness

So tell us how you really feel.  BTW - Peyton Manning - Greatest QB of his era and all time. 

Too bad he's such a loser in the playoffs. 

ud6

This is always a fun debate, there Qb rating is almost identical but TB I believe has the lowest INT ratio. and when talking the head to head , playoff and weather stats, all you do is come back to sat PN is the greatest kind of weak

PM   = Marino A great complement

TB.= JM A greater complement

JM btw way was the hands down greatest Qb Ever ( until then)never forget Madden saying that in a SB win

Merry Christmas to all

foxes - Manning and Brady have played during the same period for many years.  During their careers - Manning will have won 5 mvps (assuming he wins this year) to Brady's 2.  Brady had every opportunity to win those vs. Manning. 

Manning has earned 6 first team all pro (probably 7 with this year) vs. Brady's 2. 

I think this wins the arguement, just the fact that an MVP winning QB can't get past the first round of the plays is every telling to me. 

But seriously UD6 with one more week to go before the playoffs and your teaming having won it's divison shouldn't you be talking bup Luck and the Dolts instead of sniffing Seyton's butt?

If you want to see how PM performs on Super Bowl Sunday this year just call Papa John's and order a Pizza and see how fast he can get it to your house!

No - I realize that amidst the best record among top teams in the NFL - beating Sea, SF, Den, KC - the colts really aren't that good.  They can't lay the eggs they did against STL and Cin and claim they are great.  They had a weak division this year - thankfully - and they were fortunate in other games.  No one can say their passing game is great, their running game is great, their oline is great - etc.  Their D actually is solid, but not special.  I pray for a Patriot loss and a Bengals loss - if that happened (assuming the colts win) they get the 2nd seed.  They would easily be the worst 2nd seed in history. 

funny comment on papa johns. 

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from NYC. Show NYC's posts

Who cares? It's a team game. What's important is the team winning not who is better. We all know that neither Tom, Peyton or Joe played the game alone and could not have won alone so why do we care so much. Somehow we all lose sight of the big picture and get lost in individual statistics that are meaningless.

Why is that? Is it that our egos get so identified with a particular player's success so that we  feel we ourselves are being judged as being the best or second best or not counting at all? Is this a kind of endless run-around where don't fact the real issue that we ourselves need others success to fuel our own adequacy? Really, who cares what Marshall Faulk says or anyone for that matter. Myself, I love Brady but the reason I love him is that he is a team guy. He is there for the team to win. I don't care what his stats are only that he lives to be the best he can be and make  the team successful. 

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Beantowne. Show Beantowne's posts

In response to NYC's comment:

Who cares? It's a team game. What's important is the team winning not who is better. We all know that neither Tom, Peyton or Joe played the game alone and could not have won alone so why do we care so much. Somehow we all lose sight of the big picture and get lost in individual statistics that are meaningless.

Why is that? Is it that our egos get so identified with a particular player's success so that we  feel we ourselves are being judged as being the best or second best or not counting at all? Is this a kind of endless run-around where don't fact the real issue that we ourselves need others success to fuel our own adequacy? Really, who cares what Marshall Faulk says or anyone for that matter. Myself, I love Brady but the reason I love him is that he is a team guy. He is there for the team to win. I don't care what his stats are only that he lives to be the best he can be and make  the team successful. 

I personally love the debate for the best all time, regardless of the sport. I've learn at lot about the game itself and the history of the evolution of the sport through such debates. in the end it doesn't matter who's right or wrong because the reality is it's impossible to ever have 100% consensus. 

In asking the question who was better Ted Williams or Joe DiMaggio, Bobby Orr or Brad Park, Manning or Brady, Bird or Majic it's easier to make an argument since they were contemporaries and played in the same era...It's far more difficult when you span more than a decade. And ask who was thr greatest of All Time And you have to evaluate a century's worth of worthy candidates..That's when IMHO It gets juicy and all of the variables are discussed weighed and measured and still after much dialog it's impossible to reach a consensus. 

Bill Russel is Imho the greatest player to have ever played proffessional basketball...many would argue that Micheal Jordan is..I always counter that with 11 rings vs 6 says differently...So the rub is in the definition and qualifiers of what are the key attributes that make one player greater then the other and what set of qualifier then separate the great from the greatest...it almost always comes down to rings...

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from mrmojo1120. Show mrmojo1120's posts

TRIVIA QUESTION !!!!

Who was John Madden referring to when he said "Inch for inch,(QB's name) in his prime was the best quarterback of his generation"?

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Patsdateam. Show Patsdateam's posts

In response to mrmojo1120's comment:

TRIVIA QUESTION !!!!

Who was John Madden referring to when he said "Inch for inch,(QB's name) in his prime was the best quarterback of his generation"?

Flutie? 

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Beantowne. Show Beantowne's posts

TRIVIA QUESTION !!!!

Thiesman

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from mrmojo1120. Show mrmojo1120's posts

In response to Patsdateam's comment:

TRIVIA QUESTION !!!!

Flutie? 

That's right it was Flutie.Remember when Jim McMahon referred to him as "America's midget"?

Sections
Shortcuts