marshall

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from nellie2355. Show nellie2355's posts

marshall

Do u think the pats will go after marshall now because we could give a late second for him now and especially because holmes went for a fifth.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from apdynasty23. Show apdynasty23's posts

Re: marshall

Nope. We don't need guys like Marshall. I understand those high-character guys are rare so you can't fill your entire roster with them BUT we don't need guys that beat their wives/girlfriends and get their best friends shot and killed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from KellieMB. Show KellieMB's posts

Nope. Brandon Marshall is not coming to New England. It's a fact that I have not wanted to let sink in, but it's time to just accept it and move on.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from BradyHasMoreRings. Show BradyHasMoreRings's posts

id trade a 2nd round pick for marshall in a second. he is PROVEN talent. All these picks we have in the second round you people think are going to turn into superstar talent. i got knews for you, i bet 1(if that) out of the picks we have in the 1st and 2nd round turns into a star. maybe 1 or 2 turn into decent everyday players in a couple years of learning the system. Trading one of those picks for a TOP WR in a position that is a NEED is a no brainer. And would be a HUGE help if Moss Leaves after this year we would have him to replace em. All this talk about college players we wanna draft are BIG IF's. Marshall isnt a IF, he will contribute right away. Moss Marshall Edellman/Tate (then Welker when he gets back). If we traded for him it still leaves us with our first round pick and 2 2nd rounders.

Then u all will say..he isnt a BB type player and he has off field issues. Moss had off field issues, Dillon had off field issues. And i bet half of you, when hearing we traded our draft picks for moss and dillon were saying it was a BIG mistake and didnt like it. Howd that turn out...dillon helped us to a championsship and moss and brady broke all kinds of records and went 16-0 in a season. Im not saying Marshall will do the same thing but the chances of him helping us out immidiatley and in the future are FFFFAAAARRR BETTER than any rookie we draft this year. Oh yea Marshall is 25!!! thats my 2 cents 

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from BradyHasMoreRings. Show BradyHasMoreRings's posts

one more thing...alot of you people who say you wouldnt trade a 2nd rounder for marshall still have thier "MOCK DRAFTS" with a reciever picked in the second round...DO YOU REALLY THINK HE WILL BE BETTER THAN MARSHALL!!!.. nope they wont.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from apdynasty23. Show apdynasty23's posts

In Response to Re: marshall:
    id trade a 2nd round pick for marshall in a second. he is PROVEN talent. All these picks we have in the second round you people think are going to turn into superstar talent. i got knews for you, i bet 1(if that) out of the picks we have in the 1st and 2nd round turns into a star. maybe 1 or 2 turn into decent everyday players in a couple years of learning the system. Trading one of those picks for a TOP WR in a position that is a NEED is a no brainer. And would be a HUGE help if Moss Leaves after this year we would have him to replace em. All this talk about college players we wanna draft are BIG IF's. Marshall isnt a IF, he will contribute right away. Moss Marshall Edellman/Tate (then Welker when he gets back). If we traded for him it still leaves us with our first round pick and 2 2nd rounders. Then u all will say..he isnt a BB type player and he has off field issues. Moss had off field issues, Dillon had off field issues. And i bet half of you, when hearing we traded our draft picks for moss and dillon were saying it was a BIG mistake and didnt like it. Howd that turn out...dillon helped us to a championsship and moss and brady broke all kinds of records and went 16-0 in a season. Im not saying Marshall will do the same thing but the chances of him helping us out immidiatley and in the future are FFFFAAAARRR BETTER than any rookie we draft this year. Oh yea Marshall is 25!!! thats my 2 cents 
    Posted by BradyHasMoreRings

Ah, I knew the "but look at what we did with Moss and Dillon" was coming.

Neither of them had issues like THIS. Assaulting officers, resisting arrest, DUI, domestic violence, and oh by the way, was the target of a fatal shooting in 2007; they got his best friend instead. Yeah, I'm sure he can come in and Mike Wright and Brandon McGowan can help fix him up right away!

That leads me to my next point: changing times. In 2003 and 2007, we had much more leadership in our lockerroom; we had proven veterans in our locker room that had won at least one Super Bowl. Moss and Dillon were both low-risk acquisitions at the time because we had enough stability to take their "problems" on. That's not the case, at least not in 2010.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from BradyHasMoreRings. Show BradyHasMoreRings's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: marshall : Ah, I knew the "but look at what we did with Moss and Dillon" was coming. Neither of them had issues like THIS. Assaulting officers, resisting arrest, DUI, domestic violence, and oh by the way, was the target of a fatal shooting in 2007; they got his best friend instead. Yeah, I'm sure he can come in and Mike Wright and Brandon McGowan can help fix him up right away! That leads me to my next point: changing times. In 2003 and 2007, we had much more leadership in our lockerroom; we had proven veterans in our locker room that had won at least one Super Bowl. Moss and Dillon were both low-risk acquisitions at the time because we had enough stability to take their "problems" on. That's not the case, at least not in 2010.
    Posted by apdynasty23[/QUOTE

Minnesota Vikings receiver Randy Moss was arrested Tuesday after being accused of bumping a police traffic officer with his car.

The officer tried to stop Moss from making an illegal turn, and Moss used his car to slowly push the officer along the street, police spokeswoman Cyndi Barrington said. Assulting a police officer and resisting looks like its pretty similar to me.

Marshall is worth the risk!!!

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from sportsbozo1. Show sportsbozo1's posts

Not a chance in hell... Myra Kraft will allow a woman beater into her neighborhood. She's a member in good standing with all things anti spousal abuse. If he had just robbed a store no problem! Beating a woman automatically eliminates Marshall from ever landing in New England as a member of the Patriots.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from hayley-1999. Show hayley-1999's posts

If the Patriots are unable to get the player the want at 22( I think it's either Graham or Pouncey) I would trade with Mr. Poli of Kasas City . I'de swap our pick at 22 for both of his second round picks , giving us 5 second rounders!  At that point I think it's worth a gamble to trade a second for Brandon Marshall , it's only a matter on which one? He's better than any reciever in this draft and I believe that the Pats can get him on the straight and narrow!  Winning cures alot of ills!  And what a haul this draft could be plus getting Marshall. That would make Tom Brady's day!

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49Patriots. Show 49Patriots's posts

Let it go people, the Pats aren't working FA or the trade wire. They've let two WR that could have been very productive in New England, Boldin and Holmes, go, they are working the draft. Marshall isn't showing up in New England anytime soon. I would love to have him, but let it be.

Check out Scott Long... he'll probably play the outside position this year.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

In Response to Re: marshall : [QUOTE]In Response to Re: marshall : Ah, I knew the "but look at what we did with Moss and Dillon" was coming. Neither of them had issues like THIS. Assaulting officers, resisting arrest, DUI, domestic violence, and oh by the way, was the target of a fatal shooting in 2007; they got his best friend instead. Yeah, I'm sure he can come in and Mike Wright and Brandon McGowan can help fix him up right away! That leads me to my next point: changing times. In 2003 and 2007, we had much more leadership in our lockerroom; we had proven veterans in our locker room that had won at least one Super Bowl. Moss and Dillon were both low-risk acquisitions at the time because we had enough stability to take their "problems" on. That's not the case, at least not in 2010. Posted by apdynasty23[/QUOTE  Minnesota Vikings receiver Randy Moss was arrested Tuesday after being accused of bumping a police traffic officer with his car. The officer tried to stop Moss from making an illegal turn, and Moss used his car to slowly push the officer along the street, police spokeswoman Cyndi Barrington said. Assulting a police officer and resisting looks like its pretty similar to me. Marshall is worth the risk!!!

Lets see one slowly pushed his car forward NOT INJURYING OR INTENDING TO INJURY THE OFFICER while the other intentionaly struck an officer with intent to injury. Yeah real similiar there. To give a good comparison that like a drunk guy spitting on an officer and being detained overnight for assualt then released the next day verses someone who fights and hits a cop during arrest. They might have been charge with the same but 2 completely different cases.

No thank you. I don't want guys like that on a team. It's a cancer that ruins club houses

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from j24m1. Show j24m1's posts

APDynasty literally thinks he is an insider who gets it.  If Marshall can be had for a pick that represents value and a contract can be worked out, of course they would consider it.  There are pieces to the picture that nobody has any clue about.  They will do what they do, work hard to build a good team.  To say with any feeling of absolute that he isn't a Patriot because of his background is ignorant.  You don't know SQUAT

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

APDynasty literally thinks he is an insider who gets it.  If Marshall can be had for a pick that represents value and a contract can be worked out, of course they would consider it.  There are pieces to the picture that nobody has any clue about.  They will do what they do, work hard to build a good team.  To say with any feeling of absolute that he isn't a Patriot because of his background is ignorant.  You don't know SQUAT
    Posted by j24m1

So you think you are the insider and know that if the pick and contract has the right value they will trade for him regardless of character? Hate to tell you but character does matter to th Pats. If you don't think it is there's a list of players that were released after off field issues while on the team. You are ignorant

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from BubbaInHawaii. Show BubbaInHawaii's posts

I say, see what happens on draft day.

It's clear the Patriots need another WR who is NOT a slot WR.....and Marshall fits the bill talent-wise.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Illmatic1. Show Illmatic1's posts

AMEN, I absolutely agree with you!! The Seahawks are the only team showing interest in Marshall and it's possible that they only give up a 2nd round draft pick
    (60th). All 3 of our 2nd rounders are better than that. Marshall just needs a change in environment and better leadership. Moss is going to be gone next year and Welker wont be back till November. We need to make this trade happen. We've been irrelevent since the start of free agency, while the Jets are building a Championship Team.

id trade a 2nd round pick for marshall in a second. he is PROVEN talent. All these picks we have in the second round you people think are going to turn into superstar talent. i got knews for you, i bet 1(if that) out of the picks we have in the 1st and 2nd round turns into a star. maybe 1 or 2 turn into decent everyday players in a couple years of learning the system. Trading one of those picks for a TOP WR in a position that is a NEED is a no brainer. And would be a HUGE help if Moss Leaves after this year we would have him to replace em. All this talk about college players we wanna draft are BIG IF's. Marshall isnt a IF, he will contribute right away. Moss Marshall Edellman/Tate (then Welker when he gets back). If we traded for him it still leaves us with our first round pick and 2 2nd rounders. Then u all will say..he isnt a BB type player and he has off field issues. Moss had off field issues, Dillon had off field issues. And i bet half of you, when hearing we traded our draft picks for moss and dillon were saying it was a BIG mistake and didnt like it. Howd that turn out...dillon helped us to a championsship and moss and brady broke all kinds of records and went 16-0 in a season. Im not saying Marshall will do the same thing but the chances of him helping us out immidiatley and in the future are FFFFAAAARRR BETTER than any rookie we draft this year. Oh yea Marshall is 25!!! thats my 2 cents 

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from croc. Show croc's posts

Let it go people, the Pats aren't working FA or the trade wire. They've let two WR that could have been very productive in New England, Boldin and Holmes, go, they are working the draft. Marshall isn't showing up in New England anytime soon. I would love to have him, but let it be. Check out Scott Long... he'll probably play the outside position this year.
    Posted by 49Patriots

Niether are Marshall.  While I doubt it happens Marshall would be a huge addition.  He has speed Boldin doesn't have, and hands as good as Moss'.  He has Boldin's & Welker's toughness too.  He won't be supsended 4 games with a great chance to miss more. Holmes isn't in the category any of the above are either.

Marshall would do for the 2010 offense what Moss did for the 2007 offense.  They have to at least be thinking about it.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Cyberknot. Show Cyberknot's posts

He cant come to NE cause he is too busy beating up on some girls somewhere.
    Posted by MVPKilla2009

Sounds like he would be perfect against the jests and phins, he has experience beating girls.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from LAPats. Show LAPats's posts

In Response to Re: marshall : Sounds like he would be perfect against the jests and phins, he has experience beating girls.
    Posted by Cyberknot

Ha!  Like it, centurion, like it.

I'll say this much about the 2010 Jets: as long as they win every single week and everybody gets the ball every time they want it, they're gonna have some GREAT team chemistry.  

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from oklahomapatriot. Show oklahomapatriot's posts

No, thanks let denver or someone else overpay him and then watch him have a relapse.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from apdynasty23. Show apdynasty23's posts

The truth is, NOBODY here is "an insider" but we all speculate because it gives us stuff to talk about until the season starts. It's ridiculous for one poster here to discredit other people's posts. I mean, we're all in the same boat; some of you just know a lot more and think more logically than others.

I base all of my anti-Marshall talk solely on the fact that the Patriots value character and he clearly doesn't have much of it. Is he a supreme talent? You bet but it comes at a price on and off the field. Whether the Patriots are willing to pay that remains to be seen but I doubt it.

One-If-By-Sea said it best: the three teams that are in the "team of the decade" conversation all value character and it's no secret. There's a strong correlation there, folks.

21. This post has been removed.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from BubbaInHawaii. Show BubbaInHawaii's posts

In Response to Re: marshall : Who are three of the best football franchises? The Colts, Steelers and Pats. Who avoids bad guys as players? The Colts, Steelers and Pats. Is there a correlation you think? There is a big difference between someone who hates losing (C Dillon), and someone who takes PED and beats women (Holmes and Marshall).
    Posted by One-If-By-Sea

Roethlisberger and Holmes of the Steelers and Marvin Harrison  are not exactly saints. I'm sure if you dig deep enough, you'll find stuff. A previous poster mentioned Dallas who had a bunch of "bad" character guys....

I think it's more because the Patriots don't want to overpay vs. character issues....

Mebbe the Colts, Patriots, and Steelers were better at hiding character flaws....lol  :)

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from j24m1. Show j24m1's posts

In Response to Re: marshall : So you think you are the insider and know that if the pick and contract has the right value they will trade for him regardless of character? Hate to tell you but character does matter to th Pats. If you don't think it is there's a list of players that were released after off field issues while on the team. You are ignorant
    Posted by PatsEng

I am not saying I am an insider I am speaking in general terms and mocking some of you for your level of perceived football intellect through internet forums. I love the Patriots but I don't speak like I am on the squad.  I suppose it is the nature of a talk forum for a football team.  Bottom line is you and I dont know if anything about their decision making process.  You shouldnt throw around the term ignorance so loosely after being so serious about the inner workings of an organization that your not a part of :o

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from seanblaze. Show seanblaze's posts

Marshall is THE MOST COMPLETE WR ON THE PLANET! You gotta take a good look @ this dude. We have 3 2nd rounders. Moss is gone after this year & Wes is not coming back anytime soon. Maybe week 10 MAYBE!

Marshall is 6'4'' & can play the slot. He has the 2nd most receptions in the NFL over the last 3 seasons to Welker. Do you know how much damage Tom can do throwing to a 6'4'' WR in the slot? He might catch 160 balls & i can guaran-damn-tee you the chains will move & the deep ball will open up more For Moss with this dude sitting in the slot....He is a nut! But a super talented nut....Moss could mentor Marshall like Carter mentored him 10 years ago...

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from m1021us. Show m1021us's posts

one more thing...alot of you people who say you wouldnt trade a 2nd rounder for marshall still have thier "MOCK DRAFTS" with a reciever picked in the second round...DO YOU REALLY THINK HE WILL BE BETTER THAN MARSHALL!!!.. nope they wont.

Never know....IF Marshall keeps getting in trouble, he could get suspended and the Pick would be much better than he.  Also bringing a diva WR into a clubhouse could prove bad for chemistry....where bringing a wide eyed rookie who wants to learn and make a name for himself is better for chemistry.

Choose your poison.....be careful.