Marshawn Lynch to Seattle?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat3. Show TexasPat3's posts

Marshawn Lynch to Seattle?

The Seattle Seahawks had acquired RB LenDale White from the Tennesee Titans, in hopes that he would be their "power back". But, with White now facing a possible four game suspension for substance abuse, the Seahawks released him...and are once again in the market for big back.

During the April draft, Seattle had approached the Buffalo Bills concerning the availability of troubled RB, Marshawn Lynch. However, the Bills' asking price of a second round draft choice was deemed to be too steep.

With White's release, the Lynch talks are reportedly heating up again: http://blogs.buffalonews.com/billboard/2010/05/seahawks-shopping-for-running-back.html?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+typepad%2Fbuffalonews%2Fbillboard+%28BillBoard%29 

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from garytx. Show garytx's posts

Re: Marshawn Lynch to Seattle?

If you're Buffalo I don't see how you don't make some kind of trade for this guy.  It's obvious that the Bills are not happy with him because of the drafting of Spiller which surprised me.  This is a team that has many needs outside of RB.  This organization has really hit the skids.  But back to Lynch.  I guess there's no hurry.  Seattle will look at what they have and will give up that 2nd rounder if they are in high need.  Buffalo can wait some but I would think it would be best if they got something for him this year.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Paul_K. Show Paul_K's posts

As a Pats fan I would miss Lynch's leadership in the Buffalo locker room.  For example, he led a whole vanful of Buffalo players to the bar district until 3:00 a.m. that night he ran down a pedestrian.  With that kind of leadership, it's no wonder that Buffalo has no stamina to ever finish the season. 

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from NYC. Show NYC's posts

Seattle just got rid of Lendale White because of his work ethic and attitude. It makes no sense for them to take on Lynch as he presents similar issues.  

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from croc. Show croc's posts

There is the little matter of the 4 game suspension for White. Lynch is a far superior back IF healthy. A #2 is too steep, but he does make some sense.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

remind me why I am supposed to care where the Bills 3rd string RB is playing next year?

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from datdude401. Show datdude401's posts

In Response to Re: Marshawn Lynch to Seattle?:
    remind me why I am supposed to care where the Bills 3rd string RB is playing next year?
    Posted by rkarp

Because their 3rd stringer is better than our starter, thats why!

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat3. Show TexasPat3's posts

Seattle is desperate for a RB. If the Bills can get a 3rd round pick for Lynch, they should take it and run.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from natesubs. Show natesubs's posts

In Response to Re: Marshawn Lynch to Seattle? : Because their 3rd stringer is better than our starter, thats why!
    Posted by datdude401

yes that may be the case but our starter doesn't bring a loaded gun to the airport and doesn't get possible suspensions.  Lynch is only better if he actually sees the field. He doesn't exactly help the team if he is riding the pine all season.  I will gladly take maroney over lynch and all his problems. 

I think that maroney will have a great season with around 1100 yards and ~13 touchdowns with the addition of gronkowski, crumpler, and hernandez. 
    If maroney didn't fumble 4 times last season and instead scored on those goal line fumbles he would be thought of as a good back throughout the league. 

he improved on hitting the hole last season and the season before he learned to drop his shoulder. If he learns how to hold onto the ball this offseason and adds a little muscle to his frame he could have a great year.

If the offensive coordinator uses him as a pass catching RB it will make defenses think if he is on the field to be a RB or as a pass catcher thus enabling him to get more yards per carry.  Plus crumpler supposedly added 400 yards to Chris Johnson's total so why not maroney's. 

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from MaritimePatsFan. Show MaritimePatsFan's posts

Rkarp, I think hit it on the head. Why do I care about Bills 3rd string RB. Even if he is better than our starter. This makes no difference to what the Pats are doing in the offseason and has no bearing on what will happen in the season within our division.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from datdude401. Show datdude401's posts

In Response to Re: Marshawn Lynch to Seattle? : yes that may be the case but our starter doesn't bring a loaded gun to the airport and doesn't get possible suspensions.  Lynch is only better if he actually sees the field. He doesn't exactly help the team if he is riding the pine all season.  I will gladly take maroney over lynch and all his problems.  I think that maroney will have a great season with around 1100 yards and ~13 touchdowns with the addition of gronkowski, crumpler, and hernandez.  If maroney didn't fumble 4 times last season and instead scored on those goal line fumbles he would be thought of as a good back throughout the league.  he improved on hitting the hole last season and the season before he learned to drop his shoulder. If he learns how to hold onto the ball this offseason and adds a little muscle to his frame he could have a great year. If the offensive coordinator uses him as a pass catching RB it will make defenses think if he is on the field to be a RB or as a pass catcher thus enabling him to get more yards per carry.  Plus crumpler supposedly added 400 yards to Chris Johnson's total so why not maroney's. 
    Posted by natesubs

I didnt say anything about bringing him in to be apart of this team. I just stated he was a better player. And if you believe Maroney gonna have 1100 yards, you need your head checked out. The guy is a tap dancer, who has to change his style of running. Until that happens he'll just be a commitee RB. He was that in college along with Barber. And neither of them have been able to consistly stay on the field. Nor has either eclipse the 1000 yd in a season.

Sections
Shortcuts