Mass voters bring back the death penalty!

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from TSWFAN. Show TSWFAN's posts

Mass voters bring back the death penalty!

Then we could have a twofer and takeout AH and Whitey Bulger on the same day and no one could play the race card!!!

2. This post has been removed.

3. This post has been removed.

4. This post has been removed.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from seattlepat70. Show seattlepat70's posts

Re: Mass voters bring back the death penalty!

I only believe in death penalty for people who were caught while in the act of committing murder. Holmes would be a good example. No question about who killed the people. No question about how many died. I don't care if he's mentally disturbed. 

6. This post has been removed.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from TSWFAN. Show TSWFAN's posts

In response to NedBraden's comment:

In response to seattlepat70's comment:
    [QUOTE]

I only believe in death penalty for people who were caught while in the act of committing murder. Holmes would be a good example. No question about who killed the people. No question about how many died. I don't care if he's mentally disturbed. 

Who is Holmes?

[/QUOTE]

the shooter in Denver I believe.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from dreighver. Show dreighver's posts

Why was my post removed? Was very matter-of-fact, stating my opinion on the death penalty. 

Bizarre. 

Let's go Pats!

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from dustcover. Show dustcover's posts

In response to TSWFAN's comment:

Then we could have a twofer and takeout AH and Whitey Bulger on the same day and no one could play the race card!!!

Just an aside, but if you were in a position of having been found guilty of an heinous crime, would you rather spend the rest of your days locked  up in a 7' x 10' cell or be put out of your misery?

10. This post has been removed.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from TSWFAN. Show TSWFAN's posts

In response to dustcover's comment:

Just an aside, but if you were in a position of having been found guilty of an heinous crime, would you rather spend the rest of your days locked  up in a 7' x 10' cell or be put out of your misery?

it would depend on my cultural background. Hardened criminal types like AH and Whitey with high profiles would probably be living large in the slammer. Just from an economic point of view these murders should be dispatched forth with so they are not living on the taxpayer's dime

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from anonymis. Show anonymis's posts

why? Ineffective detterrant. If inacted, death row should last more than 1 month. Cost of incarcerating and appeal after appeal is very expensive.

http://www.deathpenaltyinfo.org/costs-death-penalty

not sure how accurate the numbers are considering the source.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from TSWFAN. Show TSWFAN's posts

In response to anonymis' comment:

why? Ineffective detterrant. If inacted, death row should last more than 1 month. Cost of incarcerating and appeal after appeal is very expensive.

http://www.deathpenaltyinfo.org/costs-death-penalty

not sure how accurate the numbers are considering the source.

the person executed will be permenantly deterred from crime. I like that.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from prolate0spheroid. Show prolate0spheroid's posts

Prefer to take the high road rather than respond to murder with another murder . . . I guess we could cut off the hands of thieves, poke out eyes for eyes, and bring back public hangings too, but really I sort of like the more civilized approach we've evolved toward.

15. This post has been removed.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from rtuinila. Show rtuinila's posts

I would not use confessions as a criteria for the death penalty. Too many people have been put to death on false confessions. They are usually mentally impaired in some way and easy targets for departments that are under pressure to "solve" the crime and "get the murderer". 

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from TSWFAN. Show TSWFAN's posts

In response to prolate0spheroid's comment:

Prefer to take the high road rather than respond to murder with another murder . . . I guess we could cut off the hands of thieves, poke out eyes for eyes, and bring back public hangings too, but really I sort of like the more civilized approach we've evolved toward.

yes we have evolved to a nation that is fat [68% overwgt]; dumb[look at the educational scores against of nations]; and stupid [we want our enemies to like us]. As an aside, we would not have won WWII with the present rules of engagement.  Questions from the uninformed?

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from prolate0spheroid. Show prolate0spheroid's posts

[QUOTE]

yes we have evolved to a nation that is fat [68% overwgt]; dumb[look at the educational scores against of nations]; and stupid [we want our enemies to like us]. As an aside, we would not have won WWII with the present rules of engagement.  Questions from the uniformed?

[/QUOTE]

Yes, well the smarter countries don't have the death penalty.  Nor do they allow guns everywhere. And they have government-funded health care.  

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

We do have the death penalty in MA.... assuming you haven't been born yet.

photo BBandtheRat_zpsc338a3a1.gif

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from TSWFAN. Show TSWFAN's posts

yes we have evolved to a nation that is fat [68% overwgt]; dumb[look at the educational scores against of nations]; and stupid [we want our enemies to like us]. As an aside, we would not have won WWII with the present rules of engagement.  Questions from the uniformed?

Yes, well the smarter countries don't have the death penalty.  Nor do they allow guns everywhere. And they have government-funded health care.  

a non sequitur response. Come on man stop it. Is that the best you have got?

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from prolate0spheroid. Show prolate0spheroid's posts

a non sequitur response. Come on man stop it. Is that the best you have got?

Ha!  I'm still trying to figure out what you meant by "Questions from the uniformed?"

I'm not sure why you're so interested in hearing from people who wear uniforms . . . do you mean soldiers? cops? nurses? garbage collectors? hotel desk clerks?  

Or maybe you're just trying to prove one of your points about Americans?

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

And your proof that this makes them "smarter" is?

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from prolate0spheroid. Show prolate0spheroid's posts

In response to BabeParilli's comment:

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

And your proof that this makes them "smarter" is?

[/QUOTE]

Countries with higher average educational scores than the US tend to have these things. These things don't make the people in those countries smarter, but they may exist in those countries because the average citizen in those countries is better educated than the average citizen in the US and therefore is more likely to make rational decisions and less prone to make decisions based on fear, anger, and emotion. 

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from dreighver. Show dreighver's posts

In response to rtuinila's comment:

I would not use confessions as a criteria for the death penalty. Too many people have been put to death on false confessions. They are usually mentally impaired in some way and easy targets for departments that are under pressure to "solve" the crime and "get the murderer". 

This post x1000. 

So true! 

25. This post has been removed.

Sections
Shortcuts