Massive Step Back For Patriots Defense

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from chowdakid. Show chowdakid's posts

Massive Step Back For Patriots Defense

First off, I want to start off by saying I wonder who had the officials on thier fantasy team. because they racked up quite a few points...

Anyhow, that said the Patriots defense did take a massive step backwards after last nights game. If New England fans ever were puzzled on why the Patriots have not won the big game in a while, they were reminded of why once again last night. Yes I do realize that the defense is young and will take time, but time is not on Brady's side, his mortality is beginning to show itself a little at a time, its to a point where he just can't win every game for you by himself, which again was re-affirmed last night.

Last night on defense I gave the Patriots three keys to accomplish if they were to be victorious. 1. tackling, 2. containing the running game, and 3. pressuring the quarterback, lets see now, nearly 400 yards passing, and a little over 110 yards rushing, for a grand total of just over 500 yards of total offense given up. In the arena league those numbers probably are not that bad but in the NFL that performance usually leaves your team at 1-2 out of the gate...

I don't expect the defense to stop everything, that is not reality, but you need to take something away correct? Oh and I'm not giving the offense a total pass here either, afterall when crunch time came and the chance to salt the game was present the offense failed to close the deal which lately has been another flaw to this team the past few seasons. A running that was very inconsistent combined with an offense that may just be the worse in the league.

Finally I'm wondering how many Pats fans still think this is an easy schedule, eh? anybody? My god its awfully quiet in here all of the sudden... 

AS OF RIGHT NOW THE PATRIOTS ARE SERIOUSLY STARING AT A 1-3 START, PLEASE BUFFALO IS NOT GOING TO BE EASY, IF THEY SHOULD FALL TO 1-3, MY GUT FEELING IS THIS TEAM MAY NOT REACH 11 WINS WHICH I BELIEVE WILL BE THE MINIMUM AMOUNT NEEDED TO BE A PLAYOFF-TEAM THIS SEASON... 

God haven't we seen this before? Oh yeah the Redsox can tell you how this might finish.............................  

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from freediro. Show freediro's posts

Re: Massive Step Back For Patriots Defense

No way we lose to Buffalo and the Pats wil be focusing on the pass since both of the Bills RBs are injured.

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from NY-PATS-FAN4. Show NY-PATS-FAN4's posts

In response to chowdakid's comment:
    [QUOTE]

First off, I want to start off by saying I wonder who had the officials on thier fantasy team. because they racked up quite a few points...

Anyhow, that said the Patriots defense did take a massive step backwards after last nights game. If New England fans ever were puzzled on why the Patriots have not won the big game in a while, they were reminded of why once again last night. Yes I do realize that the defense is young and will take time, but time is not on Brady's side, his mortality is beginning to show itself a little at a time, its to a point where he just can't win every game for you by himself, which again was re-affirmed last night.

Last night on defense I gave the Patriots three keys to accomplish if they were to be victorious. 1. tackling, 2. containing the running game, and 3. pressuring the quarterback, lets see now, nearly 400 yards passing, and a little over 110 yards rushing, for a grand total of just over 500 yards of total offense given up. In the arena league those numbers probably are not that bad but in the NFL that performance usually leaves your team at 1-2 out of the gate...

I don't expect the defense to stop everything, that is not reality, but you need to take something away correct? Oh and I'm not giving the offense a total pass here either, afterall when crunch time came and the chance to salt the game was present the offense failed to close the deal which lately has been another flaw to this team the past few seasons. A running that was very inconsistent combined with an offense that may just be the worse in the league.

Finally I'm wondering how many Pats fans still think this is an easy schedule, eh? anybody? My god its awfully quiet in here all of the sudden... 

AS OF RIGHT NOW THE PATRIOTS ARE SERIOUSLY STARING AT A 1-3 START, PLEASE BUFFALO IS NOT GOING TO BE EASY, IF THEY SHOULD FALL TO 1-3, MY GUT FEELING IS THIS TEAM MAY NOT REACH 11 WINS WHICH I BELIEVE WILL BE THE MINIMUM AMOUNT NEEDED TO BE A PLAYOFF-TEAM THIS SEASON... 

God haven't we seen this before? Oh yeah the Redsox can tell you how this might finish.............................  

[/QUOTE]

I understand your concern, but I think a Buffalo team without Fred Jackson and CJ Spiller has to rely on Fitz alone to win. I honestly think the Pats win this game by 24.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from digger0862. Show digger0862's posts

In response to chowdakid's comment:
    [QUOTE]First off, I want to start off by saying I wonder who had the officials on thier fantasy team. because they racked up quite a few points...

[/QUOTE]

Yes, we have seen this before.

2001 started 1-3 finished 11-5
    2002 started 3-4 finished  9-7
    2003 started 2-2 finished 14-2
    2004 started 6-1 finished 14-2
    2005 started 6-5 finished 10-6
    2006 started 6-3 finished 12-4
    2007 started 0-0 finished 16-0
    2008 started 3-2 finished 11-5
    2009 started 3-2 finished 10-6
    2010 started 1-1 finished 14-2
    2011 started 5-3 finished 13-3

Belichick teams generally start slow but finish strong. But you already knew that.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from pats-fan-2007. Show pats-fan-2007's posts

Digger, Let's take a look at the first 3 games of the last 10 years.

The trend there is a fast start, not a slow start.

So I wouldn't that BB teams generally start slow. It's the opposite.

2011: 2-1

2010: 2-1

2009: 2-1

2008: 2-1

2007: 3-0

2006: 2-1

2005: 2-1

2004: 3-0

2003: 2-1

2002: 3-0

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from digger0862. Show digger0862's posts

In response to pats-fan-2007's comment:
    [QUOTE]Digger, Let's take a look at the first 3 games of the last 10 years.

[/QUOTE]

Haha nice. It's fun to play with numbers. Still, my main point was that they finish strong. Here's their December records.

2001 4-0
    2002 2-2
    2003 4-0
    2004 3-1
    2005 4-0
    2006 4-1
    2007 5-0
    2008 4-0
    2009 3-1
    2010 4-0
    2011 4-0

8. This post has been removed.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxfan94. Show redsoxfan94's posts

the defense sucked, but they got off the field twice on that last drive and the refs wouldnt have it....

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from pats-fan-2007. Show pats-fan-2007's posts

Those are great december numbers....only if we could have great February numbers again.

In response to digger0862's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to pats-fan-2007's comment:
    [QUOTE]Digger, Let's take a look at the first 3 games of the last 10 years.

[/QUOTE]

Haha nice. It's fun to play with numbers. Still, my main point was that they finish strong. Here's their December records.

2001 4-0
    2002 2-2
    2003 4-0
    2004 3-1
    2005 4-0
    2006 4-1
    2007 5-0
    2008 4-0
    2009 3-1
    2010 4-0
    2011 4-0

[/QUOTE]