Mathew Slater

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from patsrkillers. Show patsrkillers's posts

Re: Mathew Slater

Thats 2 threads you made today that there is a topic on already!!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

He's another Izzo. Every year you think he cn't make it just by his special teams plays but every year he does

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from CaptainZdeno33. Show CaptainZdeno33's posts

Kassim Osgood Jr. Never sees the field at receiver but is a solid contributor year in and year out. Good for him getting the nod from his teammates

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from sportsbozo1. Show sportsbozo1's posts

In Response to Re: Mathew Slater:
    [QUOTE]I didnt see a Slater thread, I saw a Captains thread but maybe I missed it. If so my bad. Either way its still worth noting that this kid has made a good name for himself.
    Posted by MVPkilla4life[/QUOTE] Killa don't sweat the self-procalimed moderators they do everything from tell you that you missed a prior thred to correct your grammar and they do it without reservation,self appointed keepers of the .com scene!!! Write as many post as you like and don't worry about their fragile egos.
     Also unlike the aforementioned Osgood I think you will finally see production from Slater out of the WR position....

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Salcon. Show Salcon's posts

I'm all for this kid.  He does everything that's asked of him,  works hard and dosen't take anything for granted.  He's a Football Player and he deserves the captain nod. 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from CablesWyndBairn. Show CablesWyndBairn's posts

Slater has grown on me.  I used to wonder how he made the team every year.  And then he comes in and kicks ar se on special teams and outshines Tate at WR.  He is definitely a Pats-type player, and the fact that he's a captain underscores it. 

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from themightypatriotz. Show themightypatriotz's posts

Slater is awesome.  Exactly the kind of player the Pats need.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from seawolfxs. Show seawolfxs's posts

i love the guy

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Dessalines. Show Dessalines's posts

Good for Slater.  I like it.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from raptor64d. Show raptor64d's posts

What a perfect example what hard work will do for you. He knew he had to work hard to make the team and didn't feel he was intitled a spot. Anybody out there who need to show some young person a great example of what hard work can do need not look any further then Slater (Pats captain)...

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from siestafiesta. Show siestafiesta's posts

Great special teams player and his improvement this pre-season as a receiver was the kiss of death to Brandon Tate

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from auchhhhhhhhhhh. Show auchhhhhhhhhhh's posts

He looked good catching the ball in pre-season too

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Getzo. Show Getzo's posts

One of the best gunners in the league that can play Satey in a pinch, KR, and now starting to become a number 5 WR....

He earned it. 

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from oh-my-beard. Show oh-my-beard's posts

He has certainly improved over time. I never would have thought he would outplay Ochocinco at receiver in the preseason, but that is exactly what happened. Gunner, Willing downfeild blocker from the WR position, PATRIOT.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Red-Doc-Redemption. Show Red-Doc-Redemption's posts

[QUOTE]  Thats 2 threads you made today that there is a topic on already!!
    Posted by patsrkillers[/QUOTE]

LOL, boo fukn who thread nazi...

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Red-Doc-Redemption. Show Red-Doc-Redemption's posts

Matthew Slater reminds me of a yong Troy Brown...I seem to remember troy Putting in a lot of special teams work early in his career & blossoming into a good lil WR by yr 3..

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from BubbaInHawaii. Show BubbaInHawaii's posts

His playing style reminds me of David Givens. They're about the same height, Givens was mebbe 5-10 lbs heavier.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from ma6dragon9. Show ma6dragon9's posts

Awesome!

I was touting him over Edelman/Tate/Price because he's not just a special teamer, he's a special teams stud. He is ALWAYS the first or second guy down on punts. And he does that from the gunner position, beating double teams every single time, the value of that cannot be overstated, especially with a kid like Mesko booming them out of there.

Rather than Izzo, I think Larry Wigham, I think Slater should bring back the overly long bandana. Wigham was a multiple time Pro Bowler as the special teamer, and those are coming for SLater. He is THAT GOOD on special teams. Take note, you'll see #18 on every kick and punt coverage, often in on the tackles.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from oklahomapatriot. Show oklahomapatriot's posts

[QUOTE]  Thats 2 threads you made today that there is a topic on already!!
    Posted by patsrkillers[/QUOTE]

so what

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Getzo. Show Getzo's posts

[QUOTE]His playing style reminds me of David Givens. They're about the same height, Givens was mebbe 5-10 lbs heavier.
    Posted by BubbaInHawaii[/QUOTE]

If you mean by aggressive, then yes... but Givens is in the TO class of big receivers. 

Slater is not too far behind, but as you said Givens had about 20 more pounds of muscle on him. 

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Getzo. Show Getzo's posts

www.mkrob.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/09/David_Givens.jpg" alt="" width="512" height="439" />

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from oklahomapatriot. Show oklahomapatriot's posts

I'd like to see him have a breakout year. The catch and run the other night was a beauty.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Harleyroadking-11. Show Harleyroadking-11's posts

Fathers can make for good motivators.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from schwank. Show schwank's posts

When you really think about it he's a football player.  To the fan he may not appear to be an key player, but he is.  8-10 Kickoff/KO Returns per game; 8-10 punt/punt returns per game; FG 3-5 per game.  You get my drift, he's out there as many as 25 times  a game.   

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

[QUOTE]If anyone else saw his interview after game 4 of the pre season I think they would know exactly what I mean. They were asking him about his role on the team and he just kept being like "right now I just want to make this team". He knew cuts were coming and he was just hoping what he did on the field earned him a job. You know he knows that he is a bubble player and a JAG type of guy but he still goes out there and out works his entire team and just gets better at whatever they ask him to do. I wouldnt be shocked to see him playing some WR this season.
    Posted by MVPkilla4life[/QUOTE]

mvp and sports, i liked what i saw of him at wr in the preseason. if hes got something to give there lets find out what it is.

Sections
Shortcuts