Mathew Slater

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Quagmire3. Show Quagmire3's posts

Re: Mathew Slater

Slater reminds me a little bit of Troy Brown. Maybe Slater will blossom late as a WR also.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from BubbaInHawaii. Show BubbaInHawaii's posts

In Response to Re: Mathew Slater:
    In Response to Re: Mathew Slater : If you mean by aggressive, then yes... but Givens is in the TO class of big receivers.  Slater is not too far behind, but as you said Givens had about 20 more pounds of muscle on him. 
    Posted by Getzo

I believe both are 6', slater at 200 lbs.
    http://espn.go.com/nfl/player/_/id/11387/matthew-slater

david givens weighs in approx 212 lbs
    http://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/G/GiveDa00.htm

who knows how accurate this stuff is anyway...lol Laughing
    they have welker and woody at like 5'8" but I'm thinkin that's with heels...lol

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from ma6dragon9. Show ma6dragon9's posts

In Response to Re: Mathew Slater : I believe both are 6', slater at 200 lbs. http://espn.go.com/nfl/player/_/id/11387/matthew-slater david givens weighs in approx 212 lbs http://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/G/GiveDa00.htm who knows how accurate this stuff is anyway...lol they have welker and woody at like 5'8" but I'm thinkin that's with heels...lol
    Posted by BubbaInHawaii

Just need to go to the eye test on this one:

Slater looks like an average NFL WR/DB kind of player. More slight than built.

Givens always had big arms, took big hits, and you could just tell there was a lot of strength there. He was more like a LB playing WR, he had definite bulk.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from p-mike. Show p-mike's posts

And last night he made a pretty good catch showing he can get in their with the ones and be a WR. I am rooting for him
    Posted by MVPkilla4life

It certainly was good to see Slater finally accomplish at least one thing as an actual receiver in the league . . .  but I'm curious . . .  you say you're "rooting for him" . . .   does that mean there are players on the team you don't root for?

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from themightypatriotz. Show themightypatriotz's posts

You nailed it with this one Taz.  Houston we have a deep threat.

Too bad he didn't make that second catch - Brady could have had 600 yards.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from CablesWyndBairn. Show CablesWyndBairn's posts

Nice to see we have a deep threat that can actually run routes and position himself to make a catch.  Slater can flat out haul, nice to see that he may have found a niche in this offense.   

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Getzo. Show Getzo's posts

In Response to Re: Mathew Slater : I believe both are 6', slater at 200 lbs. http://espn.go.com/nfl/player/_/id/11387/matthew-slater david givens weighs in approx 212 lbs http://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/G/GiveDa00.htm who knows how accurate this stuff is anyway...lol they have welker and woody at like 5'8" but I'm thinkin that's with heels...lol
    Posted by BubbaInHawaii

Dude just google pictures of Givens and Slater it really isn't close. But Slater is by far faster and that's what we need out of him. 

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from JayShizzle45. Show JayShizzle45's posts

he did finally make the play I've been wanted to see.  You go big formation w/one WR, and in this case, teams assume when Slater comes in, run formation..that he there for blocking, so it works, but I wouldnt count on that working too much as teams will catch on and he'll have to do with the defense ready which is a different story..but give the kid credit. He has made more of an impact than Price and Ocho at this point.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from HarryBallz. Show HarryBallz's posts

Have Mallett throw to him after practice since they both could use the reps.  All he has to do is catch 1-2 balls a game for him to be considered worthy of attention by the defense given that most DBs will not catch him if he gets behind them.  Hell, put him to one side then split Gronk or Hernandez with him or maybe run a screen to his side.  Oh, and since he is a special teams guy he will hit someone when called for.  Glad they have held on to him.  Chad who?  Bethel who?  Brandon who?

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from carawaydj. Show carawaydj's posts

Slater is growing on me.  I'd like to see him emerge as a contributor beyond special teams.  It would be great to see this guy have a breakout year.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Getzo. Show Getzo's posts

Now that I think about it, I wanna say he plays the game like a taller Steve Smith(Carolina).  There we go, that's a better comparison than Givens I think. 

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from oklahomapatriot. Show oklahomapatriot's posts

I think Slater needs more playing time on the offense and should move ahead of Ocho on the depth chart..

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from patsfaninpa420. Show patsfaninpa420's posts

I think Slater is real close to becoming a regular  on the offense. His one catch was a really good one and I think he would have caught the other had he been looking over his other shoulder (having to turn his body slowed him up enough to miss it).  Slater is the new deep threat and i'm not a Moss hater but i've grown weary of seeing the bring back Moss comments, it ain't happening people.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from MoreRings. Show MoreRings's posts

I remember when the Pats moved up like 5-10 spots in the 5th
    round to get him and I wondered why.

I think I have my answer.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from BrocktonMike. Show BrocktonMike's posts

He has certainly improved over time. I never would have thought he would outplay Ochocinco at receiver in the preseason, but that is exactly what happened. Gunner, Willing downfeild blocker from the WR position, PATRIOT.
    Posted by oh-my-beard

He's turning into a good one. 

I don't see the big deal about OhNO out of Synco.  He's been a real disappointment and I don't know why BB & Tom (and many sports writers) are so high on him.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from themightypatriotz. Show themightypatriotz's posts

That was an awesome tackle.  Slater is the man.

17. This post has been removed.

Sections
Shortcuts