mathew slater

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from gt281ci. Show gt281ci's posts

mathew slater

ok im no expert but did mathew slater play safety tonite or was he a nickel cb? either way he played alot on defense and i got to ask is our wr better a safety than our safety a safety?

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from prolate0spheroid. Show prolate0spheroid's posts

Re: mathew slater

Safety  . . . with Chung hurt, I guess BB felt Slater was better than Brown, the only other safety on our roster right now (besides Ihedigbo, who also started).

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from pyegian. Show pyegian's posts

I guess I can't get on Slater too much considering he hasn't played the position much, but he seemed a step behind all day.  I was at the game and it just seemed like he wasn't reacting quickly enough sometimes.  Nate Jones may be a player though. He was flying all over the field.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from kjfiton. Show kjfiton's posts

jones looks like he could be a nice pickup. he played well for his 1st game and  throughout his career he's had a knack for getting to the qb on the blitz. 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from WazzuWheatfarmer. Show WazzuWheatfarmer's posts

Slater looked far superior to Sergio Brown. 

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Davedsone. Show Davedsone's posts

Slater was getting playing time against an "easy" opponent.  Edelman was considered ready to play, so he got rested.  That is my guess.  BB learned that when your defense is thin in the back, WRs take up the slack.  The amazing Troy Brown saved us in this manner already.  Now is the time to get guys the reps.  The result may be a bit ugly, but the real game time is immeasureably valuable.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from PAULICAS1975. Show PAULICAS1975's posts

I dont care if Slater played CB or Safety. All I know is that he played better then most guys we have had back there. Maybe Slater will be the future Safety. We all know he isnt going to make it as a WR here.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Shtarka. Show Shtarka's posts

Matthew Slater having to play safety shows how thin the Patriots are at that position, as well as how good the Patriots coaches are at maximizing what talent  they have...however the move cannot be considered encouraging. Witness the results in the 4th quarter yesterday when the Colts had figured out how to exploit the weaknesses in the Patriots secondary...

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from prolate0spheroid. Show prolate0spheroid's posts

In Response to Re: mathew slater:
    [QUOTE]I guess I can't get on Slater too much considering he hasn't played the position much, but he seemed a step behind all day.  I was at the game and it just seemed like he wasn't reacting quickly enough sometimes.  Nate Jones may be a player though. He was flying all over the field.
    Posted by pyegian[/QUOTE]

You're right about Jones . . . but it's scary when your best DB is some guy cut by the Dolphins and signed three-quarters of the way through the season.  Shows just how thin the talent is in our defensive backfield.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Schumpeters-Ghost. Show Schumpeters-Ghost's posts

A great pass rush can make up for weaknesses at DB.

Of course, BB has no interest in a great pass rush. 

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

The sad part is 2 players who are considered ace STers but situational backups in their normal positions were both starters yesterday. And for 1 of them it was on the opposite side of the field!

Seriously Inhedigbo and Slater were the starters yesterday. Sigh why did we release Sanders again?

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from coolade2. Show coolade2's posts

You know who needs reps...? The starters .  Having an 0-11 team go down the field on the " niko& Slater show" is a step backwards for this defense and this team IMO.

PICK your best 11 Guys and let them get some chemistry ... Work on some blitz packages... Some pressure  defense ...

Haven't we all seen enough  SOFT PREVENT  DEFENSE ?  Yes we are playing with the  lead but that may not be the case against  better teams ...as in the playoffs .

that second half when Indy scored 21 unanswered points was upsetting to watch.

Response to Re: mathew slater:
    [QUOTE]Slater was getting playing time against an "easy" opponent.  Edelman was considered ready to play, so he got rested.  That is my guess.  BB learned that when your defense is thin in the back, WRs take up the slack.  The amazing Troy Brown saved us in this manner already.  Now is the time to get guys the reps.  The result may be a bit ugly, but the real game time is immeasureably valuable.
    Posted by Davedsone[/QUOTE]

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from coolade2. Show coolade2's posts

Any jack a$s can run around center field 30 yards from the line of scrimmage ... and then run to the ball after that play is essentially over...

Did he have a single pass defensed...?
    whatever experiment BB was trying , this one was a dismal failure .  If you're on that defense aren't you going ...wt F instead of feeling great like "yeah we kicked some a$s yesterday "...

Sections
Shortcuts