Matt Cassel a Hero

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from pezz4pats. Show pezz4pats's posts

Matt Cassel a Hero

Chiefs QB alerts neighbor to house fire

In the NFL, quarterbacks have to be quick on their feet. That applies to the offseason, too.

KMBC.com reports that Kansas City Chiefs QB Matt Cassel alerted a nearby neighbor that her house was on fire. The fire broke out late Thursday in the Cass County gated community, the television station reports.

Matt Cassel didn't think he was a hero for his actions during a house fire on Thursday. (AP Photo)

The television station also reported that neighbors said Cassel's wife first spotted the smoke and flames from the neighbor's chimney. Cassel then ran to the neighbor's house, ran the doorbell, pounded on the front door and began to circle the house when he saw the woman come outside.

"I know Matt wouldn't want this kind of attention, but I definitely think he was a hero last night," an unidentified neighbor told the television station.

The woman told the television station she didn't realize her house was on fire. Nobody was hurt in the incident. Fire marshals have reportedly not determined how the fire was started. There was significant damage to the home, but it wasn't a total loss.

"I wasn't heroic at all," Cassel said. "I just ran up to the house and alerted them. The real heroes are the firefighters."

Comments

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from oklahomapatriot. Show oklahomapatriot's posts

Re: Matt Cassel a Hero

Kudos to Matt

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from dbeach48. Show dbeach48's posts

ALWAYS liked that Dude.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

There's a possibility his neighbors were burning they're Cassel jerseys...just a thought.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from BelichickDisciple. Show BelichickDisciple's posts

Like a good neighbor, Matt Cassel is there...

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Eddyd08. Show Eddyd08's posts

High five Matt!!!