Matt Light at LG?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from LB34. Show LB34's posts

Matt Light at LG?

How about re-signing Light to play LG?  His experience should make the move relatively easy and moving inside will help mask his eroding quickness.  Solder can start at LT as a rookie which is a risk but with confidence that Dante can coach him up.  Plus having the experienced Light next to him should ease the transition.  The Mankins drama can be resolved by setting him free to go sign elsewhere for top dollar.  Kaczur and Connolly can battle for RG and the Pats OL is set for 2011.   

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from dmcpatsfan. Show dmcpatsfan's posts

Re: Matt Light at LG?

Matt is too old in the tooth to play left guard....probably lose him to FA.....Solder will probably be day 1 starter on right side though with Vollmer on the left

4. This post has been removed.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from LB34. Show LB34's posts

I like Dahl but he plays RG.  As a FA he will be looking for top guard money which puts the Pats in the same spot as Mankins; overpaying for an interior OL.  Light to me is a good patch until a long-term successor is groomed.  I would venture to guess Light is versatile enough to make the move inside.  Plus Lights playoff experience is valuable and he may be willing to accept a home town discount to finish with the only team he has ever played for?

That's my pick

6. This post has been removed.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from ShiningWizard. Show ShiningWizard's posts

FYI...Light played LG at Purdue and was transitioned to a LT in the NFL.

8. This post has been removed.

Sections
Shortcuts