Matt Light: Fans Could be Louder...

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from seattlemaslow. Show seattlemaslow's posts

Re: Matt Light: Fans Could be Louder...

That's funny. "Hi, I'm a vocal fan. How do I get my tickets to the North end?"

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from shenanigan. Show shenanigan's posts

They probably should be louder but players shouldn't say so. I can't make fans louder but he can by making plays not by whining about it.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from apdynasty23. Show apdynasty23's posts

prolate, interesting stuff. I don't get it, shouldn't all stadiums be designed like that by default? I'm interested in seeing how much more costly that is, if it's more costly. It seems like using the resources but just allocating them differently.

I think it's catch-22. Fans are waiting on players to make great players but players are also wanting fans to be louder to help.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from apdynasty23. Show apdynasty23's posts

ewhite, that would definitely be an advantage to moving to Atlanta. When the Red Sox are in town, the crowd by my estimation is 70-75% Red Sox. Bruins get a huge crowd with Thrashers games. Celtics same thing. The Patriots won't be in town until 2013 I believe.

Still, I fell in love with Boston so I'd never leave Boston for Atlanta. Never, ever.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from prolate0spheroid. Show prolate0spheroid's posts

apdynasty23, I think Gillette Stadium and Qwest Field were built at about the same time--Qwest was a bit more expensive ($360 million for Qwest versus $325 million for Gillette), but I doubt cost was a big factor in the differences between the stadiums.  I just think the owners and the architects probably had different visions. I've heard Allen was really interested in building a loud stadium, but the small space available for the stadium probably would have resulted in a loud building anyway.  Kraft, I think, was more interested in good sight lines and wide concourses, with plenty of room for people to move around during intermission.  That meant a pretty open stadium.  I suspect as newer stadiums are built, the architects and owners will probably start to consider loudness as one of the primary factors to consider as they decide what to do.  I'm not sure, though, that was something that was thought about all that much when Gillette was built.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from SICOFITALL. Show SICOFITALL's posts

Cmon its mosdef the fans, the place was rockin 6-7 years ago, so you cant blame it on the stadium. I hate to admit it being a life-long boston sports fan, but this place has changed so much. Some of the best times in my life were at games, for  instance in 88' and 90' during the B's playoff games. And again during the 03-04 run with the Pats. It really is the people, yuppies, bandwagon kitty cats, makes me sick. Im sorry their not bad people, but they suk azz as sports fans. I would say right now the fleet is the loudest during a big celts game, but still you can just look and see the difference from say 10-15 years ago. The worst is at a sox game, its absolutly putrid! Call me a townie I dont care, and as I said their not bad people..I guess, but their terrible fans. years ago I was on vacation with my girl to see her family and we went to a KC game. Now the chiefs have lost something like 35 out of 38 games the past couple of years and that place was a madhouse. Better tailgating as well..thats another story. But enough excuses about the stadium, the makeup, whatever, this is on the fans. And by fans I mean people that moved here about ten years ago and put on a redsox hat. They got wickahd heaart.

Sections
Shortcuts