Matt Light has Crohn's Disease

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from pucela. Show pucela's posts

Matt Light has Crohn's Disease

Amazing how they kept it quiet. Stunning news and all my admiration for the guy. And I've had it since 1985, but this guy's tough!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from pezz4pats. Show pezz4pats's posts

Re: Matt Light has Crohns' Disease

Daaammm!  You just never know.
    Especially with the Pats.
    Remember when the Pats gave Brett Favre a booboo on his chin?  By the looks of him, you thought they were going to have him care flighted to the nearest hospital.
    And then there's these guys....
    All the luck and respect in the world to you Mr. Light.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

In Response to Matt Light has Crohns' Disease:
    [QUOTE]http://espn.go.com/boston/nfl/story/_/id/7903017/matt-light-reveals-decade-long-battle-crohns Amazing how they kept it quiet. Stunning news and all my admiration for the guy. And I've had it since 1985, but this guy's tough!
    Posted by pucela[/QUOTE]

krohns is not a disease but a condition resulting from diet.
    it is fully reversible through diet changes. if you have it you might seek out the information available from all those that reversed it through diet.

good luck
    peace

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from timesedge. Show timesedge's posts

Crohn's disease

From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
    Jump to: navigation, search
    There is a genetic association with Crohn's disease, primarily with variations of the NOD2 gene and its protein, which senses bacterial cell walls. Siblings of affected individuals are at higher risk.[8] Males and females are equally affected. Smokers are two times more likely to develop Crohn's disease than nonsmokers.[9] Crohn's disease affects between 400,000 and 600,000 people in North America.[10] Prevalence estimates for Northern Europe have ranged from 27–48 per 100,000.[11] Crohn's disease tends to present initially in the teens and twenties, with another peak incidence in the fifties to seventies, although the disease can occur at any age.[1][12] There is no known pharmaceutical or surgical cure for Crohn's disease.[13] Treatment options are restricted to controlling symptoms, maintaining remission, and preventing relapse. The disease was named after gastroenterologist Burrill Bernard Crohn, who, in 1932, together with two other colleagues at Mount Sinai Hospital in New York, described a series of patients with inflammation of the terminal ileum, the area most commonly affected by the illness

Dude - Chrohn's disease IS a disease - this is the intro from Wikipedia. Sorry if I'm being blunt, but I've known quite a few people with it - it is NOT fixable by diet, and it's NOT fun.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from jimmytantric. Show jimmytantric's posts

Re: Matt Light has Crohn's Disease

It IS a disease, (my wife has been a RN at hospitals for 5 years), and my respect goes out to Matt Light and increased ten-fold--wow to have played since 2001 with this disease and never mention it---this is why the Pats are winners!!!!!  Good luck Mr Light with the rest of your life and with your family.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from jgallag1. Show jgallag1's posts

In Response to Re: Matt Light has Crohns' Disease:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Matt Light has Crohns' Disease : krohns is not a disease but a condition resulting from diet. it is fully reversible through diet changes. if you have it you might seek out the information available from all those that reversed it through diet. good luck peace
    Posted by bredbru[/QUOTE]

You're kidding right? 1st off it's Chrons, and second you're completely 100% wrong. I honestly don't know what else to say to this kind of ignorance.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from ATJ. Show ATJ's posts

Chrohns disease is absolutely NOT curable with diet and it is a disease not a condition.  If Light played with Crohns he is one tough dude but I think we knew that anyway.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

In Response to Re: Matt Light has Crohn's Disease:
    [QUOTE]Chrohns disease is absolutely NOT curable with diet and it is a disease not a condition.  If Light played with Crohns he is one tough dude but I think we knew that anyway.
    Posted by ATJ[/QUOTE]

first of all i know people who have cured it with diet. 
    because you dont know about it doesnt mean it isnt true.

to the rest of you are arguing that the world is flat beacasue that is what is widely believed and what drs tell you (and or wikipedia)

betcha dont think cancer, multiple sclerosis, oor diabetes can be cured by diet either...

if your mind is open and especially if you know someone with one of these issues, i suggest you may look and find differently.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from UD6. Show UD6's posts

In response to "Re: Matt Light has Crohns' Disease": [QUOTE]Daaammm!  You just never know. Especially with the Pats. Remember when the Pats gave Brett Favre a booboo on his chin?  By the looks of him, you thought they were going to have him care flighted to the nearest hospital. And then there's these guys.... All the luck and respect in the world to you Mr. Light. Posted by pezz4pats[/QUOTE] Yep - the only real tough guys are Patriots, like pezz said. Yeah! What a dork. Wish all the best for Light. That can be a tremendously difficult condition.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from jeffory. Show jeffory's posts

You control it with diet as it is always there. All the luck in the world to Matt as he will be a Patriot forever!

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Pats7393. Show Pats7393's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Matt Light has Crohns' Disease : krohns is not a disease but a condition resulting from diet. it is fully reversible through diet changes. if you have it you might seek out the information available from all those that reversed it through diet. good luck peace

That is so not true, my sister has it and it is not something with diet you make it go away.  It might go into remission but it is always there.  It is a very nasty disease, she has gotten over a foot of her intestine removed already.

I can't believe how quiet this was kept with Light.  Crohn's never goes away, it can be controlled but doesn't go away.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Pats7393. Show Pats7393's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Matt Light has Crohn's Disease : first of all i know people who have cured it with diet.  because you dont know about it doesnt mean it isnt true. to the rest of you are arguing that the world is flat beacasue that is what is widely believed and what drs tell you (and or wikipedia) betcha dont think cancer, multiple sclerosis, oor diabetes can be cured by diet either... if your mind is open and especially if you know someone with one of these issues, i suggest you may look and find differently.

You don't think us with family members who has it wouldn't go out and research and learn everything we can about it?

Your statements are completely based on your opinion not fact.  The latest drug for Chron's its a life long drug.  Once you get on it you can never get off it.  It doesn't cure it, it controls it.  It can be controlled by diet but again it is not a curable disease.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from pezz4pats. Show pezz4pats's posts

[QUOTE]In response to "Re: Matt Light has Crohns' Disease": Yep - the only real tough guys are Patriots, like pezz said. Yeah! What a dork. Wish all the best for Light. That can be a tremendously difficult condition.
    Posted by UD6[/QUOTE]

This is a Patriots board.
    And yes, BB has an affinity for these types of players, so much so that it appears he seeks them out.
    The ones who overcome adversity.
    This way he doesn't have a bunch of p+ssies who lay down and quit when they lose their QB.
    Now run along and tell all your new DONKEY friends about it.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hetchinspete. Show Hetchinspete's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Matt Light has Crohn's Disease : first of all i know people who have cured it with diet.  because you dont know about it doesnt mean it isnt true. to the rest of you are arguing that the world is flat beacasue that is what is widely believed and what drs tell you (and or wikipedia) betcha dont think cancer, multiple sclerosis, oor diabetes can be cured by diet either... if your mind is open and especially if you know someone with one of these issues, i suggest you may look and find differently.

"krohns is not a disease but a condition resulting from diet".

Granted a lot of things may be cureable by proper diet but every case is different so to make a blanket statement is where I think you went off base. It's possible that through diet is may be controllable but to come out and say someone can cure it is preposterous. Your problem is you state it is not a disease which it is and you also state above the it is a result from diet which it's not. Read up on a subject before you post on something you obviously are not qualified to give information on. 

Hetchinspete.  

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from ma6dragon9. Show ma6dragon9's posts

Crohn's disease is caused by interactions between environmental, immunological and bacterial factors in genetically susceptible individuals.

I've known 2 people with it.

1) Early 20s female who didn't have a good diet, and a HIGHLY stressful job. She was given less than a year to live...that was ten years ago. Through a STRICT diet, her's is in remission and she's still kicking.

2) 17 year old athletic, health conscious female who was a soccer player, in top shape and ate very well to begin with. She got it bad, and it is a constant battle between extreme inflammation, and general discomfort. Now in her early 20s, she's still adjusting and dealing.

No two cases are alike, just like cancer, just like the flu, just like anything. Painting with a broad brush is always a dangerous, and potentially offensive thing to do. It is, however, definitely a disease, not a condition from diet like obesity.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from ATJ. Show ATJ's posts

Leading with your chin is never a good idea.

#1 - My daughter is a physician and has some sense of these things.

#2 - You are addressing someone who was misdiagnosed with Crohns for a number of years.  Although not a death sentence, it was eye opening and sobering to a degree you cannot possibly imagine.  Along with my daughter, I researched this through every authoritative source available.  It is a disease; it is not curable; it is treatable.  Fortunately for me, my condition was properly diagnosed and corrected with surgery.  I was in the hospital for six weeks and wore a pouch for five of them.  On my ward were several Crohns patients.  My hat is off to them in a manner that no one who hasn't been there could possibly understand.

In the future, I respectfully suggest you refrain from presuming you know more than those who actually are familiar with the matter.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from UD6. Show UD6's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Matt Light has Crohns' Disease : This is a Patriots board. And yes, BB has an affinity for these types of players, so much so that it appears he seeks them out. The ones who overcome adversity. This way he doesn't have a bunch of p+ssies who lay down and quit when they lose their QB. Now run along and tell all your new DONKEY friends about it.
    Posted by pezz4pats[/QUOTE]

yep - only tough guys are patriots.  Funny how 2 of those "lay down" players were just hired by the pats.  go figure. 

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from BassFishing. Show BassFishing's posts

Wow. This just ups my respect for him. Do we start talking HOF now for Light? 

"Hi, I played in the NFL for 11 years at a very high level, went to 5 SBs, have 3 rings, went to 3 Pro Bowls (should have been more) and protected one of the greatest QBs blind sides for 11 years straight.

Oh.

And my best year was my last year. And, I did it all with Crohn's disease."

Outside of Jonathan Ogden, I am not sure there has been a better LT than Light in the AFC the last 10 years.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from EASON11. Show EASON11's posts

Kudos on a great career and I have all the more admiration for him in two folds......one for playing at a great level and two for keeping it quiet in this day and age........It was a pleasure watching you hone your kraft for 12 years ......Enjoy your wife and kids......you deserve it......

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from BassFishing. Show BassFishing's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Matt Light has Crohns' Disease : yep - only tough guys are patriots.  Funny how 2 of those "lay down" players were just hired by the pats.  go figure. 
    Posted by UD6[/QUOTE]

It's amazing how annoying and insecure you are. We've asked you nicely to please leave our board. Please leave the board for good.  You're selfish behavior here is beyond over the top at this point.

Please get laid, find a woman (or man) and do something else put post here.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from GEAUX-TIGRES. Show GEAUX-TIGRES's posts

In Response to Matt Light has Crohn's Disease:
    [QUOTE]http://espn.go.com/boston/nfl/story/_/id/7903017/matt-light-reveals-decade-long-battle-crohns Amazing how they kept it quiet. Stunning news and all my admiration for the guy. And I've had it since 1985, but this guy's tough!
    Posted by pucela[/QUOTE]
    my wife has it and teaches 13 Body Pump classes a week. It's not toughness but will.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from pezz4pats. Show pezz4pats's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Matt Light has Crohns' Disease : yep - only tough guys are patriots.  Funny how 2 of those "lay down" players were just hired by the pats.  go figure. 
    Posted by UD6[/QUOTE]

Where did I say that the Pats were the only team with this type of player?
    You really need to do something about your comprehension and spinning.
    The Pats have a lot of these type of players.  Period!
    Maybe  BB felt that the 2 that were picked up from your losers were not part of the fiasco.
    Maybe he thought he needed more tackling dummies at camp and felt they would fit in perfectly.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from UD6. Show UD6's posts

Pezz - I am just making educated assumptions like you.  Is that not ok?  No you didn't specify that all other players were wimps, but you did fully promote Patriots while providing examples of non-pats players who were not. 

Whether you meant to or not (and if not, you might want to reconsider how you write), the intent was fairly clear. 

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Patsfaninswflorida. Show Patsfaninswflorida's posts

Read this and then tell me he is not one really tough dude....

Retired LT Matt Light revealed Monday that he played through Crohn's disease for his entire 11-year career.
    Crohn's is a bowel disease that affects the digestive system. Light says it factored into his retirement, and that he had a near-death experience in 2004. Light suffered complications from an operation to remove 13 inches of his intestine, and couldn't eat for a month. His weight dropped from 315 to 260 post-operation, holding him out of Patriots training camp until the third week. Incredibly, Light missed just six games over his final six seasons. May 8 - 8:59 AM

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from BassFishing. Show BassFishing's posts

[QUOTE]Pezz - I am just making educated assumptions like you.  Is that not ok?  No you didn't specify that all other players were wimps, but you did fully promote Patriots while providing examples of non-pats players who were not.  Whether you meant to or not (and if not, you might want to reconsider how you write), the intent was fairly clear. 
    Posted by UD6[/QUOTE]

Who do you think you are coming on here and trolling our board like this?  Light retires as a Pat and you think you can ruin our discussions about his career here?

I simply have no idea how you are not banned from this board.