Matt Light has Crohn's Disease

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from pucela. Show pucela's posts

Re: Matt Light has Crohn's Disease

Well, this was meant as an appreciation of Matt Light and instead we have to deal with the lost Colts fan (a team that gave away a perfect season and still lost the SB and then curled up in the shrimp position when their QB was injured) and a conspiracy theorist that claims that he knows more than the doctors at MGH (and my physician brother) who have been helping me and many others deal with this. Not exactly the original intent, but it is a public thread, so there you go.

Kudos to Matt Light for a great career! And I very much hope he enjoys a long and pain-free life!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from UD6. Show UD6's posts

Actually, I came to this thread to state that I thought it was pretty amazing that Light was able to have the career he had amidst his serious health problem.  And I did say that. 

That said I was stopped in my tracks by a sophomoric comment about how tough Light was (and all pats are in general) as compared to others in the league.  I thought this was bush at best and called the poster on it. 

Go have a fresca, Rusty. 

BTW - for your satisfaction, I'll say it again.  Pretty amazing Light had the career he had in light of his very serious and difficult condition.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from CaptainZdeno33. Show CaptainZdeno33's posts

Re: Matt Light has Crohns' Disease

In Response to Re: Matt Light has Crohns' Disease:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Matt Light has Crohns' Disease : It's amazing how annoying and insecure you are. We've asked you nicely to please leave our board. Please leave the board for good.  You're selfish behavior here is beyond over the top at this point. Please get laid, find a woman (or man) and do something else put post here.
    Posted by BassFishing[/QUOTE]

In his defense, Pezz questioned Favre's toughness which is utterly absurd.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from pucela. Show pucela's posts

In Response to Re: Matt Light has Crohn's Disease:
    [QUOTE]Actually, I came to this thread to state that I thought it was pretty amazing that Light was able to have the career he had amidst his serious health problem.  And I did say that.  That said I was stopped in my tracks by a sophomoric comment about how tough Light was (and all pats are in general) as compared to others in the league.  I thought this was bush at best and called the poster on it.  Go have a fresca, Rusty.  BTW - for your satisfaction, I'll say it again.  Pretty amazing Light had the career he had in light of his very serious and difficult condition.
    Posted by UD6[/QUOTE]

Better :-)

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from BassFishing. Show BassFishing's posts

[QUOTE]Actually, I came to this thread to state that I thought it was pretty amazing that Light was able to have the career he had amidst his serious health problem.  And I did say that.  That said I was stopped in my tracks by a sophomoric comment about how tough Light was (and all pats are in general) as compared to others in the league.  I thought this was bush at best and called the poster on it.  Go have a fresca, Rusty.  BTW - for your satisfaction, I'll say it again.  Pretty amazing Light had the career he had in light of his very serious and difficult condition.
    Posted by UD6[/QUOTE]

As usual, you look for what you want. I see nothing wrong with Pezz's comments whatsoever. You pick out what you want to see and then make it about you.

He simply said "you never know" in terms of not knowing things about the Pats and their players. The organization does a nice job of bottling things up and keeping things in house, as well as limiting drama.  BB is classic for this and it's a benefit to the team and the players he tries to protect.  What is the problem with him saying that?

Frankly, I think it's incredible Light played with that and was so good with the disease to the point I have no issue now talking about his potential as an NFL HOFer.  That's an insanely great career while battling that disease.  It's unheard of in sports to be able to battle a disease like that and play at that level.

And, regardelss if Pezz feels Pats players are tougher than others int he NFL, who cares? It's his opinion. Who are you to come on here and monitor Pats fans' opinions? Most people would say Pats players are blue collar and tough team guys. They are. There is a barometer of toughness here not seen in many other organizations.

Bruschi came back from a stroke for crying out loud.  Brady has played with broken bones.  You never hear a word of it. If it was in Pittsburgh, the drippy media there would act like it was the most legendary thing of all time. 

All you, Mangione and Jints do here is troll annoyingly everyday, not giving this board any breathing room.  Just forget it.  I don't even mind if you tools came in here the week before a game between our teams, but it's way beyond that.

When are you going to stop this?  I cannot believe the mods allow this to go on.

We have a right to discuss Light, his career and this sidebar news story about his personal battles with his disease without being annoyed and heckled by a person like yourself.

Please see a therapist.    Seriously. Walk in there and tell him or her that you post at least 10 times per day on a Boston based newspaper's messageboard simply because the NFL team in that market got the better of yours years back and you can't handle the fact it happened, as well as the QB, owner and coach being better than you thought yours originally was.

Please go away until the season at least starts. Just admit that you're jealousy knows no bounds and walk away for a while.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from BassFishing. Show BassFishing's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Matt Light has Crohns' Disease : In his defense, Pezz questioned Favre's toughness which is utterly absurd.
    Posted by CaptainZdeno33[/QUOTE]

Tools don't get a defense.  The fact of the matter is, UD6, Mangione/Bustchise and Jints Fan should not be allowed to post here with their behavior.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from PuPirate. Show PuPirate's posts

My hats goes off to anyone with this disease. My fiance was diagnosed with an IBD (like Crohn's) to years ago called Ulcerative Colitis (UC) and its is very painful and debilitating. She just left the hospital last week after a 4 day battle with a flareup from the condition in which she was literarily scared to eat anything and to think 2 years ago when we found out we were saying at least its not the other one(Crohn's).

Good luck Matt!

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from pezz4pats. Show pezz4pats's posts

Posted by UD6[/QUOTE]

Could you please show me in a post where you praised Lights career, other than this one?  Did they delete that one?  Now take your BS elsewhere.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from prolate0spheroid. Show prolate0spheroid's posts

A great player . . . and his accomplishments are even more remarkable now that we know what he was going through medically throughout his career.  I'll miss him, but I'm glad for him too, because he seems like a smart guy who's got a lot of life still ahead of him.  All the best . . .

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from pezz4pats. Show pezz4pats's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Matt Light has Crohns' Disease : In his defense, Pezz questioned Favre's toughness which is utterly absurd.
    Posted by CaptainZdeno33[/QUOTE]

Actually I was referring to Farves love of attention and acting career as apposed to someone that plays with a debilitating disease without so much as a whimper.
    I thought I made that clear with the comment about his display of agony for a busted lip.  Guess not.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from BassFishing. Show BassFishing's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Matt Light has Crohns' Disease : Actually I was referring to Farves love of attention and acting career as apposed to someone that plays with a debilitating disease without so much as a whimper. I thought I made that clear with the comment about his display of agony for a busted lip.  Guess not.
    Posted by pezz4pats[/QUOTE]

I knew exactly what you meant and all it takes is one troll to come in here and derail a Pats fan's opinion, even if it's right on the money.

It's jealousy.

NE has literally no drama or selfish players and if they did, they don't play here for long.

It's exactly correct and too bad if wittle Underpants in Indiana can't deal with that fact. He's jealous.    It's the same thing when some bash BB's draft picks, too. A lot of times he drafts for character over anything else. If the player has great character, the more potential there is for success. I agree with that logic. I'd take people with character over some dilspank who ran a faster 40 or had better measurables elsewhere if it meant more upside as a pro.

Just go listen/watch Pats All Access with the draft room scenes.  A few of the Pats picks had Kraft immediately talking about how they were impressed with the player's character and battling through adversity in life. It's a staple of the organization. I don't care if it's Troy Brown, Tom Brady in college, or now Nate Ebner (father was murdered).

There is no question that the organization puts a major emphasis on that stuff and Matt Light reflects that.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from CaptainZdeno33. Show CaptainZdeno33's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Matt Light has Crohns' Disease : Actually I was referring to Farves love of attention and acting career as apposed to someone that plays with a debilitating disease without so much as a whimper. I thought I made that clear with the comment about his display of agony for a busted lip.  Guess not.

It wasn't that clear but no worries. My mistake 

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from pezz4pats. Show pezz4pats's posts

Just go listen/watch Pats All Access with the draft room scenes. A few of the Pats picks had Kraft immediately talking about how they were impressed with the player's character and battling through adversity in life. It's a staple of the organization. I don't care if it's Troy Brown, Tom Brady in college, or now Nate Ebner (father was murdered).

There is no question that the organization puts a major emphasis on that stuff and Matt Light reflects that

Yes, Kraft defiantly made a point to commend those players on their ability to overcome adversity.  It's obviously a trait they covert.
    The Pats could have cut Light or placed  him on Non-FB related IR, but instead they extended his contract 6 years.  Speaks volumes!

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from ChrisBarb. Show ChrisBarb's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Matt Light has Crohns' Disease : krohns is not a disease but a condition resulting from diet. it is fully reversible through diet changes. if you have it you might seek out the information available from all those that reversed it through diet. good luck peace
    Posted by bredbru[/QUOTE]
    How do I reply to this ignorant idiot?  I have Crohn's Disease (krohns, really?).  It IS a disease.  Fortuantely, I had surgery several years ago and am in remission .  It is never really "cured".  It can be quite debilitating and can kill you.  I suggest that you do some actual research before spouting your ignorance.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from UD6. Show UD6's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Matt Light has Crohn's Disease : Could you please show me in a post where you praised Lights career, other than this one?  Did they delete that one?  Now take your BS elsewhere.

Could you please show me in a post where I criticized his career?  Give it a break. 

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from CaptainZdeno33. Show CaptainZdeno33's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Matt Light has Crohns' Disease : How do I reply to this ignorant idiot?  I have Crohn's Disease (krohns, really?).  It IS a disease.  Fortuantely, I had surgery several years ago and am in remission .  It is never really "cured".  It can be quite debilitating and can kill you.  I suggest that you do some actual research before spouting your ignorance.
    Posted by ChrisBarb[/QUOTE]

It can be controlled through diet in most cases. I have family members who have the disease and with the right diet they never have any problems but if they stray from that diet it is like you said very debilitating.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from pezz4pats. Show pezz4pats's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Matt Light has Crohn's Disease : Could you please show me in a post where I criticized his career?  Give it a break. 
    Posted by UD6[/QUOTE]

Spin, spin, spin!  Did I say you criticized his career?
    Nope! I merely pointed out that you never said the thing you pretended to say.
    Therefore, you are a liar.  There's no mistaking that.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Paul_K. Show Paul_K's posts

If you have a potential weakness in the NFL, as a rule you hide it for 10 years.  Due credit to Matt Light for managing his additional disease so well for so long.

Light is retiring because he has NFL disease.  He's been hitting 280 pound guys in the chest for 10 years and they've been landing on top of his legs often enough. 

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Stommpper. Show Stommpper's posts

My doggie has a condition similar to this, by which he always has gas.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from ChrisBarb. Show ChrisBarb's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Matt Light has Crohns' Disease : It can be controlled through diet in most cases. I have family members who have the disease and with the right diet they never have any problems but if they stray from that diet it is like you said very debilitating.
    Posted by CaptainZdeno33[/QUOTE]If you are not flaring, diet can help control SYMPTOMS.  But that is not the same as a cure.  For my Crohn's, diet doesn't affect it. 

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from ChrisBarb. Show ChrisBarb's posts

[QUOTE]My doggie has a condition similar to this, by which he always has gas.  
    Posted by Stommpper[/QUOTE]Shut up.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from UD6. Show UD6's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Matt Light has Crohn's Disease : Spin, spin, spin!  Did I say you criticized his career? Nope! I merely pointed out that you never said the thing you pretended to say. Therefore, you are a liar.  There's no mistaking that.

Poor Pezz -

you didn't point anything out, (unless we are supposed to interpret your posts, except that when I do, you claim you never said such things), you asked. 

And I asked in return. 

do you see how twisted you are? you want to be interpretted except when you don't (or when you are on the losing end of a discussion).  

Keep them coming.  This is a joy, as always. 

23. This post has been removed.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from pezz4pats. Show pezz4pats's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Matt Light has Crohn's Disease : Poor Pezz - you didn't point anything out, (unless we are supposed to interpret your posts, except that when I do, you claim you never said such things), you asked.  And I asked in return.  do you see how twisted you are? you want to be interpretted except when you don't (or when you are on the losing end of a discussion).   Keep them coming.  This is a joy, as always. 
    Posted by UD6[/QUOTE]

Show me where you congratulated Light.
    Show me where I said you criticized Light.
    Put up or shut up.
    You lie more than a dog.  Is that why you chose that handle?
    If you can't see the comparison to a player that never showed he had a disease he had since college and a player that oft milked injuries to show the world how tough he was, well, that's your problem.
    If you can't see that the Pats have a number of such players and covert that trait, well, that's also your problem.
    Pats fans know the truth and you obviously have NO idea what that means. 
    Spin that!

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Stommpper. Show Stommpper's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Matt Light has Crohn's Disease : Shut up.
    Posted by ChrisBarb[/QUOTE]
    ahhh, I think not! Go soak your head!Yell

Sections
Shortcuts