Matt Light Retirement Ceremony - LINK

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from CaptnFoxboro. Show CaptnFoxboro's posts

Matt Light Retirement Ceremony - LINK

I'm sure most everybody here knows Matt Light officially retires today
    ( or as Don Criqui might say Todd Light calls it a career )

Heres the LINK :

http://www.patriots.com/

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from BassFishing. Show BassFishing's posts

Re: 10:30 am TODAY - Link to Matt Light Retirement Press Conference LIVE

Just want to say, GREAT career. Flat out one of the more unheralded players of the last decade in either conference.

5 SB appearances, consistency, durability, professionalism, 3 rings, a few Pro Bowls (should be more).  To me, he was a quintessential Patriot and a guy who should be commended for wearing the uniform as well as any player in franchise history.

If Bruce Armstrong was the bellweather Tackle for this franchie, well, Light just cozied up next to Bruce, if not surpassing him.    He had his finest year in his last year, too, which says a lot.

Of all the Tackles in the AFC the last 10 years, really, who was better?  Ogden has been retired for a while, so I'd say no one other than Matt Light.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from CaptnFoxboro. Show CaptnFoxboro's posts

I'm not particularly political , and I suspect Matt Light isn't either but I can't help but think that Light could make in-roads in that arena should he ever decide to pursue a career in politics.
      He's always struck me as one of the most articulate , self-aware , unflappable , casually eloquent , self-effacing , and even sometimes poignant athletes I've ever heard speak .

His Light Foundation speaks volumes to the person he is outside the realm of sports .

Cheers Matt.

We are what we repeatedly do.
    Excellence, then, is not an act, but a habit.

Aristotle.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from sportsbozo1. Show sportsbozo1's posts

Re: Matt Light Retirement Ceremony - LINK

The most surprising aspect of his game was that he stated that he really never wanted to play football...

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rocky. Show Rocky's posts

I would love to hear some of the other pranks he pulled on his teammates!  Loved what he did to BB!  Retiring young...33 years old.  He can now 
    spend his time with his family....Great time to retire!  Thanks Matt for your help in the SB's!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from NOISE. Show NOISE's posts

Thank you Mr Light! True Patriot Thank you! Thank you!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from darwk. Show darwk's posts

Will miss Matt Light on the football field and so will #12.  Great stuff from Matt on and off the field. Many thanks for a great decade of play for the Pats! Wish Matt continued successs. A true Patriot.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from IndianaPatsFan. Show IndianaPatsFan's posts

In Response to Re: 10:30 am TODAY - Link to Matt Light Retirement Press Conference LIVE:
     I'm not particularly political , and I suspect Matt Light isn't either but I can't help but think that Light could make in-roads in that arena should he ever decide to pursue a career in politics.   He's always struck me as one of the most articulate , self-aware , unflappable , casually eloquent , self-effacing , and even sometimes poignant athletes I've ever heard speak .  His Light Foundation speaks volumes to the person he is outside the realm of sports .  Cheers Matt.   We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, then, is not an act, but a habit. Aristotle.
    Posted by CaptnFoxboro

Amen to that!

The NFL is filled with guys who, for one reason or other, end up in dire straits shortly after their playing days are over. Not Matt. This guy is the poster child for how to prepare for life after the game. As good a tackle as he was, his playing will be dwarfed by what he accomplishes from this point forward.

Thanks Matt!

Sections
Shortcuts