Matt Light Speaks on A.H. - Is this damaging to P+ats brass?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from TripleOG. Show TripleOG's posts

Matt Light Speaks on A.H. - Is this damaging to P+ats brass?

I know the heading reads like a commy special, but please give me more credit than that. I havent started a thread since draft time. I came across the article in which Light was quoted as saying "I never embrace, or believed anything A.H. stood for"  Nothing else. No mention of what HE stood for, just a little sliver of info that leaves us asking more questions and My 1st would be, are we to believe that Matty knew this guy was a P.O.S and is not distancing himself AFTER the fact and that the Pats coaches, management had no clue of his issues??

2 things for me. Either Matt is a fraud for allowing this punk on the team without speaking on what he felt and still suited up and played right alongside him OR He didnt consider anything he did as a big deal and is just now trying to distance himself and throw A.H. under the bus as if to save whatever lasting images of him we had as a great human. (anyone remember him holding Channnig Crowders dreads while he introduced his face to his fists?  I laughed at it and I dont think Light is a bad person but is he right for singling himself out now? and do his words speak to the fact that everyone knew he was a bad apple and just dealt with it? I mean is the team you wanna root for. Calm down, Im speaking football in general here. I mean I dont condone giving some teenager millions of dollar to play a game, knowing he is a gang member. ANY TEAM!  Im sure folks said the same of Meriweather and we just signed Talib, another hot head. Dennard was just drafted. Its one thing to take on these guys and still win.(reg season means nothing to me)  Is it time to start spending money and using those high pics to get guys with cleaner pasts or will you continue to support the method of taking questionable players in lower rounds in attempt to come away with a steal??

So in closing , before you bash me as a troll. Im dissapointed with the whole leage and this Phoney guy Goodell(who I never liked) trying to act like he is cleaning up the league when I see it changing and in line with the times and culture. young folks now are more likeley to mess up and the league is gonna suffer as a result. Is it time to inact some sort of age requirement and stop taking 20 y/o's in the draft and expecting them to behave like men? I dont know but I beleive something has to happen

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from CommyContrarianOnTwitter. Show CommyContrarianOnTwitter's posts

Re: Matt Light Speaks on A.H. - Is this damaging to P+ats brass?

In response to TripleOG's comment:

I know the heading reads like a commy special, but please give me more credit than that. I havent started a thread since draft time. I came across the article in which Light was quoted as saying "I never embrace, or believed anything A.H. stood for"  Nothing else. No mention of what HE stood for, just a little sliver of info that leaves us asking more questions and My 1st would be, are we to believe that Matty knew this guy was a P.O.S and is not distancing himself AFTER the fact and that the Pats coaches, management had no clue of his issues??

2 things for me. Either Matt is a fraud for allowing this punk on the team without speaking on what he felt and still suited up and played right alongside him OR He didnt consider anything he did as a big deal and is just now trying to distance himself and throw A.H. under the bus as if to save whatever lasting images of him we had as a great human. (anyone remember him holding Channnig Crowders dreads while he introduced his face to his fists?  I laughed at it and I dont think Light is a bad person but is he right for singling himself out now? and do his words speak to the fact that everyone knew he was a bad apple and just dealt with it? I mean is the team you wanna root for. Calm down, Im speaking football in general here. I mean I dont condone giving some teenager millions of dollar to play a game, knowing he is a gang member. ANY TEAM!  Im sure folks said the same of Meriweather and we just signed Talib, another hot head. Dennard was just drafted. Its one thing to take on these guys and still win.(reg season means nothing to me)  Is it time to start spending money and using those high pics to get guys with cleaner pasts or will you continue to support the method of taking questionable players in lower rounds in attempt to come away with a steal??

So in closing , before you bash me as a troll. Im dissapointed with the whole leage and this Phoney guy Goodell(who I never liked) trying to act like he is cleaning up the league when I see it changing and in line with the times and culture. young folks now are more likeley to mess up and the league is gonna suffer as a result. Is it time to inact some sort of age requirement and stop taking 20 y/o's in the draft and expecting them to behave like men? I dont know but I beleive something has to happen

YESSSS!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from TripleOG. Show TripleOG's posts

In response to CommyContrarianOnTwitter's comment:

YESSSS!

I dont know if thats a good thing....lol

I guess I'll find out tommorow. Call me a ship jumper but I aint going nowhere,  I AM starting to question the league in general and how they operate and how they try to percieve something different.  sometimes you gotta do whats right and now what sells tickets. Time to start giving some of these less talented players a chance that deserve the oppty if all the talented players have issues. I mean look at RG3, he seems like a genuine good kid, with Loads of Talent.  but is he the exception? Look at Revis...scumbag! No off field problems but he is a jerk. Cutler, cannon arm but a selfish jerk, bad teamate. Moss, the same thing, felt entitled because of his talents most his career. I just think some people may not deserve the chance to be in that position going forward. Why not make every one graduate before you are draft eligible. Solve 2 problems!

1.)Weed out the guys who have no care of education and just want to play sports.(there is always the CFL)

2.)Give the opportunity to players who dont make it the NFL be able to continue with their careers they studied for and not be lost and depressed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Gravelten4. Show Gravelten4's posts

[QUOTE]

YESSSS!

I guess I'll find out tommorow. Call me a ship jumper but I aint going nowhere,  I AM starting to question the league in general and how they operate and how they try to percieve something different.  sometimes you gotta do whats right and now what sells tickets. Time to start giving some of these less talented players a chance that deserve the oppty if all the talented players have issues. I mean look at RG3, he seems like a genuine good kid, with Loads of Talent.  but is he the exception? Look at Revis...scumbag! No off field problems but he is a jerk. Cutler, cannon arm but a selfish jerk, bad teamate. Moss, the same thing, felt entitled because of his talents most his career. I just think some people may not deserve the chance to be in that position going forward. Why not make every one graduate before you are draft eligible. Solve 2 problems!

1.)Weed out the guys who have no care of education and just want to play sports.(there is always the CFL)

2.)Give the opportunity to players who dont make it the NFL be able to continue with their careers they studied for and not be lost and depressed.

[/QUOTE]

Number two is a very good observation/suggestion. Should be part of all rookie contracts going forward...a "success beyond football" clause/stipulation of job training/additional education. I'm not sure how it would be structured but perhaps some money could be " held" during the rookie contract until a specialized skill or training for a 2nd option was achieved. This has lots of hurdles but its a good discussion nonetheless.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from soxrockursox. Show soxrockursox's posts

In response to Gravelten4's comment:

YESSSS!

Number two is a very good observation/suggestion. Should be part of all rookie contracts going forward...a "success beyond football" clause/stipulation of job training/additional education. I'm not sure how it would be structured but perhaps some money could be " held" during the rookie contract until a specialized skill or training for a 2nd option was achieved. This has lots of hurdles but its a good discussion nonetheless.

I dont know whats going on with these guys these days but when i was growing up I had a next door neighbor who was drafted by the pats in the early 90s.I was 12 and his name was jerome henderson not a big name but i'll tell you this he come over and say hey you want to go golfing,having a bbq and some pats are coming want to come over.Like i said not a big name but he knew i was a fan and was a stand up guy I will never forget!!What happen to these kinds of athletes we looked up to as kids?

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

The thing that bothers me about the NFL - and the media as well - is that they know what guys are bad dudes and they just don't question it or let us in on the dirty little secret. Every team has former (or current) FBI agents working with their organization - these guys see things, they advise...it doesn't make a difference. It's about winning and for 90% of the time I'm cool with that, I'm not inviting these thugs over for dinner, I'm watching them on TV and I care about wins. This one though really bothers me. Also I'd hate to run into a guy like this at a club or something...imagine that? Here's a guy you watch and hope he does well and then you see him acting like some gangster in some night club?? I wouldn't be cool with that.

Truth is reporters can find out all kinds of stuff about these guys and a lot of them already know, but they aren't going to write about it. They would never be allowed in that locker room again - they would be out of a job. Could you picture Belichick answering a question from a reporter that covers the team after he writes what Hernandez is really like? Christ, Kraft probably wouldn't let the guy in any of the team functions and parties...he did that to Shaugnessy ten years ago for writting something negative about the team.  

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from georom4. Show georom4's posts

any organization that pays workers 50 million dollars probably has at its disposal private detectives and other ways to get info...or in this case they couldve looked on AH's Facebook and seen him with a Glock...I think its safe to say the pats were witholding info about his character...having said that the pats also gave him millions of reasons to keep clean and act responsibly 

As always - 100% correct!

8. This post has been removed.

9. This post has been removed.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

This is more ESPN babble towards the anti BB agenda. Light, Bruschi and Woody all have an agenda against BB, so if they ever speak their mind while working for ESPN you have to assume they are liars.

they probably formed an alliance with that other liar rkrap.

if some one has an informed opinion, but it goes against my thinking, or is remotely critical of BB, then that person is a liar

signed

Rusty Q Griswald

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from gr82bme. Show gr82bme's posts

In response to NedBraden's comment:

Give you more credit than that?  Why would anyone with a brain do that?  You're an admitted drug dealer, high school droput and possible gangbanger who has never said a word about the Ravens in here for YEARS, as they employed a double murderer.

We don't employ one (the second Kraft knew the truth) and cut ties.

Answer to your drama induced thread? NO.

+1

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from soxrockursox. Show soxrockursox's posts

In response to NedBraden's comment:

In response to soxrockursox's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to Gravelten4's comment:

YESSSS!

I dont know whats going on with these guys these days but when i was growing up I had a next door neighbor who was drafted by the pats in the early 90s.I was 12 and his name was jerome henderson not a big name but i'll tell you this he come over and say hey you want to go golfing,having a bbq and some pats are coming want to come over.Like i said not a big name but he knew i was a fan and was a stand up guy I will never forget!!What happen to these kinds of athletes we looked up to as kids?

Jerome Henderson!  He was a good little nickel/dime and STs guy on the mid 90s clubs.  I believe it was he and Scooter McGruder who tried to catch Desmond Howard from behind (on that kick off return) in SB 31.

[/QUOTE]

If think he played in that superbowl but i could be wrong .I do remember parcells traded then brought him back  ,then took him to the jets if i remember right.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from soxrockursox. Show soxrockursox's posts

The point was to my first post here was theres are guys that kids look up to and what happen to the days where they knew that and repsected it and did good things for kids !!

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

There are some 20 years olds in baseball.  There are a lot of under 21 players in hockey.  It isn't the age of the person that is the problem.  It's the person.  Hernandez was a detriment to society before he became a Patriot.  His schooling had nothing to do with it.

To a different point:  Guys don't need to be great people or really friendly to be pro athletes.  Revis is a jerk, so instead of watching him play, we should watch guys with less talent?  No thanks.  That doesn't make any sense.