Matt. Mulligan signs with Bears

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from mellymel3. Show mellymel3's posts

Matt. Mulligan signs with Bears

National Football Post reports Matthew Mulligan (29) has signed a one year deal with the Chicago Bears, where he'll be one of four TE currently with the Bears and headed to camp.

So I guess that means we're down one Off. Tackle

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Philskiw1. Show Philskiw1's posts

Re: Matt. Mulligan signs with Bears

Good luck to him. Thanks for your time here. We need to upgrade at te and he's serviceable but we need better. A blocking te that can catch. I hope this means Gronk is closer to return. 

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from DoNotSleepOnThePats. Show DoNotSleepOnThePats's posts

Mulligan isn't far off from achieving a goal of playing for every NFL team.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

I think we see another vet TE signed and a draft choice, fairly high assuming the draft board falls that way

I do think DJWilliams could surprise, but he is not a blocking TE. Hooman does a little of everything pretty much average to slightly below. I would like to see another blocking TE on board...

I do think we see Gronk PUP'd to start

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from WazzuWheatfarmer. Show WazzuWheatfarmer's posts

In response to rkarp's comment:
    [QUOTE]

I think we see another vet TE signed and a draft choice, fairly high assuming the draft board falls that way

I do think DJWilliams could surprise, but he is not a blocking TE. Hooman does a little of everything pretty much average to slightly below. I would like to see another blocking TE on board...

[/QUOTE]

Agree across the board, especially with the Gronk starting on PUP.  Need to give him the best chance possible to heal 100%.  I'll be surprised if BB doesn't draft a TE within the first 2 rounds, and I'm sure a serviceable veteran TE will be added before camp.  Good luck to Mulligan.  Good blocker but replaceable.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from mellymel3. Show mellymel3's posts

In response to WazzuWheatfarmer's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to rkarp's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Agree across the board, especially with the Gronk starting on PUP.  Need to give him the best chance possible to heal 100%.  I'll be surprised if BB doesn't draft a TE within the first 2 rounds, and I'm sure a serviceable veteran TE will be added before camp.  Good luck to Mulligan.  Good blocker but replaceable.

[/QUOTE]

Yeppers to this...he may not even make the Bears squad, and I doubt he'd have made ours after the draft...they could just as easily use one of their tackles on running plays to plug in at TE given Mulligan was so seldom a target...small loss but that doesn't mean Mulligan didn't fight the good fight...good luck to him

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from portfolio1. Show portfolio1's posts

I wonder about Williams. Not convinced. ANd while I like Hooman's efforts I think he is noticably BELOW average in every aspect. He is not BAD at anything but not good at anything. And as I say, I think he is a below average blocker and below average receiver. He is a sound THIRD TE for DEPTH only.

I agree that I expect a FA and a draft choice. But I hate to guess where BB will draft what when. You never can really tell. And this years TEs are said to be weak.. not only in depth but even the top talent is nothing special "they say". Of course we hope that the guy we get will be the exception....

I do not think we will get a long term starting TE to add to Gronk. We might get a decent TE who is a good alternative.

BUT FOLKS - do not think a rookie at any position will step in and play like a solid vet. Sometimes it happens but dont expect it.