Matt Roth & Chris Morris

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonFan95. Show BostonFan95's posts

Matt Roth & Chris Morris

@MikeReiss

Mike Rodak of ESPNBoston.com reporting that the Patriots worked out free-agent OLB Matt Roth and C/G Chris Morris.

Matt Roth has experience in similar D to Patriots from his time with Dolphins 
    (Parcells influence) and Browns (Eric Mangini). Pass rusher.

Chris Morris was a Seventh-Round pick in the 2006 NFL Draft. He played college football at Michigan State.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from titletownfan. Show titletownfan's posts

Re: Matt Roth & Chris Morris

You beat me to it!  I sure hope BB signs Roth, I think he'd provide good depth at the OLB position.  You can also use him at 4-3 end.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from DoNotSleepOnThePats. Show DoNotSleepOnThePats's posts

I've been saying for a week now that I'd love it if they signed Matt Roth.  I know some people say he's not that impressive because of his overall numbers but he'd be a great fit for this defense.  He seems like the kind of guy the Pats go for.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from R3S1N20. Show R3S1N20's posts

Granted matt roths numbers arnt staggering but if the pats can get him on the cheap (2 mill a year at most) then im all for it.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rocky. Show Rocky's posts

Mike Reiss 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Getzo. Show Getzo's posts

In Response to Re: Matt Roth & Chris Morris:
    Granted matt roths numbers arnt staggering but if the pats can get him on the cheap (2 mill a year at most) then im all for it.
    Posted by R3S1N20

Exactly.... takes away a question mark at that position, which is more than a solid addition when consdiering that.   

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Getzo. Show Getzo's posts

I think if the Pats want him, he's their's.... no one else is realing showing him interest.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from tenacioust. Show tenacioust's posts

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

Well if they sign him we truly will see more of the 34 than the 43? Does it matter? I hope they sign him for his size alone, our outside guys are a bit short and we need someone that matches up with the height of a tackle, tight end, guard...etc.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49Patriots. Show 49Patriots's posts

Just bring someone in, our OLB position is WEAK. 

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from lightningbrain. Show lightningbrain's posts

WooHoo!

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from auchhhhhhhhhhh. Show auchhhhhhhhhhh's posts

If he can upgrade TBC´s production from last two years, then welcome !!!

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from natesubs. Show natesubs's posts

i think he will bring a great motor to the position and would be a great addition, too bad we couldn't get lawson as well but i think roth will be the perfect fit.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from natesubs. Show natesubs's posts

anyone know anything about C/G Chris Morris?

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

Roth is TBC 2.0 with a couple major differences. He'll most likely get 5-10 sacks a year behind Haynesworth but he can set an edge. He has the ability to rush or be very good in run defense which makes him a 2-3 down OLB, just don't ask him to cover. He can also toss his hand down in a 43. He's an upgrade over TBC in that he's multi facited which TBC was only average at run defense and below average in coverage. Not only that but we might actually get Roth at a lower cost then TBC. As others and mself have pointed out, he looks a lot like Vrable when Vrabl first came to the Pats

Seems like a good fit if the Pats think so

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonFan95. Show BostonFan95's posts

Chris Morris was a Seventh-Round pick in the 2006 NFL Draft. He played college football at Michigan State.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

In Response to Re: Matt Roth & Chris Morris:
    Roth is TBC 2.0 with a couple major differences. He'll most likely get 5-10 sacks a year behind Haynesworth but he can set an edge. He has the ability to rush or be very good in run defense which makes him a 2-3 down OLB, just don't ask him to cover. He can also toss his hand down in a 43. He's an upgrade over TBC in that he's multi facited which TBC was only average at run defense and below average in coverage. Not only that but we might actually get Roth at a lower cost then TBC. As others and mself have pointed out, he looks a lot like Vrable when Vrabl first came to the Pats Seems like a good fit if the Pats think so
    Posted by PatsEng

I can see the Vrabel comparison, they're both tall and you'd think ready to break out in the right situation. Before we go crazy here though, remember that Vrabel was a big time defensive end at Ohio state that got stuck playing behind all pro linebackers in Pittsburgh. Vrabel has played with broken arms, fingers, hands and has played well. He's played middle backer (well), outside (very well) and tight end. He's smart as any linebacker you'll find and as versatile too. I hope Roth can be all that, but isn't that expecting a bit much from a guy that no one has shown any interest in, at a position that almost all teams covert?

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from CablesWyndBairn. Show CablesWyndBairn's posts

He's a plug and play guy and he could fit this system nicely.  Not a star, but likely productive. 

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from dapats1281. Show dapats1281's posts

Roth would be a good signing. Im glad they waited unlike some people who thought they should try and sign him right away...his price has definitely dropped alot

Should be a solid contributor if we sign him

20. This post has been removed.

21. This post has been removed.

Sections
Shortcuts