matt roth?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from natesubs. Show natesubs's posts

matt roth?

he is a free agent OLB from the browns who the browns are unlikely to resign due to their switching back to the 4-3 defense from mangini's 3-4.  he had 8 sacks in 2009 and is 6'4" 275 # and is only 28. he could be a good relatively cheap signing to help the OLB and he already knows the 3-4 defense and mangini's D was very close to what we run here in NE. 

the FA RB i really like is Brian leonard of the bengals. a good hard hitting RB who is harder to take down. also Michael Bush, Raiders is another great option

WR FA i like is floyd (SD) and if cincy cuts 85 i would sign him.

OG Harvey Dahl, Falcons

DB Jonathan Jospeph, Bengals

2. This post has been removed.

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from fishers5. Show fishers5's posts

Re: matt roth?

Ok...lets use our heads..you know what you have in Ninkovich and tbc..average at best subs...If your going to compete in the playoffs defensively..these players need to be replaced with playmakers on the outside...between the draft and when you can evaluate what you drafted..(after a CBA is finished)  sign a free agent (maybe) or 2  if BB wants to get back to the SB.. have a more aggressive Defense and lets the chips fall...  Going to be a fun year in 2011....truth be told i am rooting for D fletcher to show just a little improvement and be that guy....I may be wrong but i see a player.....

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from siestafiesta. Show siestafiesta's posts

"NE has solid depth guys already in ninkovich and bantacain, they need a starter across from cunningham who can produce sacks. roth isn't that guy."

Even if he doesn't project as a great starter, Roth would be worth a look if he's even marginally better than Ninc or especially Banta-Cain, who really regressed and will probably get cut because of his contract

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Patriots1970. Show Patriots1970's posts

If Roth can give as much as TBC for a cheaper price and is younger - than pull the trigger and sign him.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Homecheese. Show Homecheese's posts

I agree, get rid of Tully and give him a look but he's not the answer to the pass rush problems. They need to use a top pick on a guy who can get after the QB consistently. He has ideal size and would provide depth. I don't know too much about him but can he play special teams too? I was looking at his stats and couldn't see the 8 sacks he got in 2009. It seems he played for both miami and cleveland that year and only listed 4 sacks in 10 total games played between the two. Was there an additional team he played on that year?

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

Nate not sure where you got 8 sacks in a season. He's never had more then 5 in a single season in 08'

To me he's another Nin or TBC or Moore. He's a good rotational or back-up player but not a starter. Not really even a pass rushing threat either. I'd bring him in as competition between TBC, Moore, and Nin and keep 2 of them. But I don't think he'd be considered a solution to the pass rushing issue.

For the RB's I'd easily take Leonard or Kuhn. I think either one would be that hard hitting short yard back we've been missing for a long time.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from natesubs. Show natesubs's posts

http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/player/matt-roth/careerstats/299941 yeah but it is the only site that has him at 8 must be a mistake by fox i guess. sorry about that. i thought it was a reputable site.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from natesubs. Show natesubs's posts

that is pretty much what i was thinking, cutting TBC and bringing in roth thus freeing up cap space for mankins and light and possibly a top notch FA.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from cwiegmann24. Show cwiegmann24's posts

I am an Iowa Hawkeyes fan, and Matt Roth went to Iowa. He is a physical player, but not very intelligent. I would doubt that he could understand and execute the complex defenses that Belichick uses. Perhaps he has some knowledge from being in Cleveland with Mangini, but I would be surprised if they brought him in. Loved watching him play for the Hawks, but never wanted the Patriots to pick him. I was kinda glad when he was drafted by the Dolphins.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from JayShizzle45. Show JayShizzle45's posts

I believe what Roth may do better than TBC would balance out with the fact that he prolly doenst play as well standing up as the others...so I would say no to Roth, but I like the other guys you mentioned except for J.J. from Cincy, cuz Im pretty sure he locked up with an extension  2 years ago....

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bspikes55. Show Bspikes55's posts

Asher Roth is my fav rapper
    But yeah cut tbc and keep amth roth he plays hard and has great size to set the edge I think he could be a good rotational player.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from natesubs. Show natesubs's posts

In Response to Re: matt roth?:
    [QUOTE]I dont see Roth being any better then the Rob Nincovich type players who already have on the team. And I didnt know Jonathan Joseph was a FA but if he is sign his a ss up! he is a great DB
    Posted by MVPkilla4life[/QUOTE]

yeah he is a FA http://www.rotoworld.com/player/nfl/3693/player?r=1 although there is talk about him being tagged by the bengals.

Sections
Shortcuts