Matt Slater/Julian Edleman - Leadership?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

Re: Matt Slater/Julian Edleman - Leadership?

I hear the argument that Slater is a 1 trick pony and I get that argument.  But I think BB takes a ton of pride in Slater being the best in the league in ST and respects Slater for the leadership and the effort and work ethic in this position.  I think all of that together favors Slater over Edelman. 

---------------------------------------------

"Being the best doesn't mean you always win. It just means you win more than anybody else."  Text received by Tom Brady from Kurt Warner after Ravens loss.

view my Patriots photoshops at patsfanfotoshop.tumblr.com

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Iceman4. Show Iceman4's posts

In response to russgriswold's comment:

In response to Iceman4's comment:

Clapton is one of the greatest guitarists ever.

And Brady is one of the greatest QBs ever. What is your point?

My point is you said he was a snooze on stage unless pushed............I disagree. Not sure what venue you may have seen him at.....but he is definitely not a snooze on stage and one of the most talented guitarist ever.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from TripleOG. Show TripleOG's posts

In response to TFB12's comment:

I hear the argument that Slater is a 1 trick pony and I get that argument.  But I think BB takes a ton of pride in Slater being the best in the league in ST and respects Slater for the leadership and the effort and work ethic in this position.  I think all of that together favors Slater over Edelman. 

---------------------------------------------

"Being the best doesn't mean you always win. It just means you win more than anybody else."  Text received by Tom Brady from Kurt Warner after Ravens loss.

view my Patriots photoshops at patsfanfotoshop.tumblr.com

Is he really though? Im not bashing the guy, but Im sure there are better. He may be a leader of our special teams but the best in the league is not what it used to be. Anyone remember Steve Tasker? His son in playing this year. That guy was a special teams demon. I think the quality of football is going down. I def dont like this new trend of going low and taking out guys knees. Guys would much rather deal with a head injury than losing their legs to play with.  Slater is a great teamate, leader of the s/t and is fast, but he doesnt even make that many tackles. He mostly is the 1st guy down who whiffs and someone else makes the tackle. I love the kid, but he is overated seriously on this board. If not for his Father being a hall of famer, he would never have been drafted. BB found a role and did a solid for an old guy who played the game a while back. IJS, there is nothing special about our special teams so I guess I wonder what the hype is about. He is just the best WE have, but thats not saying much. We used to take pride in it, now we are always at the bottom 1/3 in the league in s/t categories

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from TrueChamp. Show TrueChamp's posts

I think they're both locks.

"Defense Wins Championships"

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from anonymis. Show anonymis's posts

Losing slater would really make our ST problematic.  I just can't imagine Edelman filling his shoes.