Matthew Slater - Goal Line Run Blocker

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from prolate0spheroid. Show prolate0spheroid's posts

Matthew Slater - Goal Line Run Blocker

They've done this before on the goal line, but if you haven't noticed before, check out Matthew Slater's block to open the hole for Develin and Blount on the first TD. It's clear why Belichick loves this guy.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from pcmIV. Show pcmIV's posts

Re: Matthew Slater - Goal Line Run Blocker

Good find.  Slater might be a role player, but he is really f'ing good at what he does.  Beast.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from quinzpatsfan. Show quinzpatsfan's posts

Pretty cool, makes sense he's by far the best blocking WR on the team, he had a great season, was by far the best gunner in the NFL this year.  He also is the one that verbalizes the after game pray, noticed after the game pats and colts players alike.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Brady2Welker47. Show Brady2Welker47's posts

Nice find!

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from expertmike. Show expertmike's posts

I wonder how Edelman and Danny A. do with run blocking.  Hard to tell from the regular tv feed.  Sometimes the reason for success of a running game is blocking by the WRs.  It would be interesting if, on top of all his other skills, Edelman was a great blocker.  Clearly Develin and Hooman are excellent, highly motivated, blockers.   

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from ccnsd. Show ccnsd's posts

In response to expertmike's comment:
    [QUOTE]

I wonder how Edelman and Danny A. do with run blocking.  Hard to tell from the regular tv feed.  Sometimes the reason for success of a running game is blocking by the WRs.  It would be interesting if, on top of all his other skills, Edelman was a great blocker.  Clearly Develin and Hooman are excellent, highly motivated, blockers.   

[/QUOTE]

On replays I always see Edleman scrapping hard on run plays. Whether or not he is considered a good blocker I have no idea but he puts the effort in, Welker did too. Slot receivers have to do the dirty work I guess.

7. This post has been removed.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from sportsbozo1. Show sportsbozo1's posts

I've seen Amendola lay the wood on several running plays and I'm sure Edelman isn't afraid of hitting his own momma if the has to.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from portfolio1. Show portfolio1's posts

His father is in the Hall of Fame for being a beast of an offensive lineman.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from ghostofjri37. Show ghostofjri37's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

It is difficult to tell on run plays but I did notice when they run the WR quick throw/screen to Edelman and DA is on the same side he is very good at clearing out his guy.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from prolate0spheroid. Show prolate0spheroid's posts

In response to ccnsd's comment:

On replays I always see Edleman scrapping hard on run plays. Whether or not he is considered a good blocker I have no idea but he puts the effort in, Welker did too. Slot receivers have to do the dirty work I guess.

I've seen some pretty nice blocks by Edelman.  Here's one that sprung Ridley for a 25 yard gain (Edelman is the guy blocking to Ridley's right.  See Develin--to Ridley's left--and Thompkins--further to the right--blocking well down field too).  

Sections
Shortcuts