Maurice Jones Drew a Patriot?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat. Show TexasPat's posts

Maurice Jones Drew a Patriot?

The Pats supposedly are interested in MJD, along with the Steelers, Dolphins, and Jests: http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2014/03/24/jets-patriots-dolphins-steelers-in-play-for-maurice-jones-drew/

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from joepatsfan111111. Show joepatsfan111111's posts

Re: Maurice Jones Drew a Patriot?

http://boston.com/community/forums/sports/patriots/on-the-front-burner/more-rumors-about-patriots-in-the-hunt-for-maurice-jones-drew/100/7082962

too old

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat. Show TexasPat's posts

In response to joepatsfan111111's comment:
    [QUOTE]

http://boston.com/community/forums/sports/patriots/on-the-front-burner/more-rumors-about-patriots-in-the-hunt-for-maurice-jones-drew/100/7082962

too old

[/QUOTE]

I agree. Remember Fred Jackson? Bring back Blount!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from joepatsfan111111. Show joepatsfan111111's posts

In response to TexasPat's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

I agree. Remember Fred Jackson? Bring back Blount!

[/QUOTE]

true, but i think Moreno is the best option next is Blount and then let Rid run it and draft someone.

MJD has too many miles and dings

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat. Show TexasPat's posts

In response to joepatsfan111111's comment:
    [QUOTE]

true, but i think Moreno is the best option next is Blount and then let Rid run it and draft someone.

[/QUOTE]

Moreno would probably cost more than Blount...has been injury prone throughout his career...and has far more wear and tear on his tires than Blount.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from joepatsfan111111. Show joepatsfan111111's posts

In response to TexasPat's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Moreno would probably cost more than Blount...has been injury prone throughout his career...and has far more wear and tear on his tires than Blount.

[/QUOTE]

that could be true but the RB market is nothing. so none of these contracts will be worth much.

if i was BB i would let em all walk and let Ridley be the starter, but thats me and my minority opinion.

Blount isnt anything special neither is moreno. Moreno can catch out of the backfield which is why i have him over blount. the checkdown could help a ton for  the offense.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Getzo. Show Getzo's posts

If we lose out on Blount, then this would be a great option.

Regardless, I'd take him over Moreno.  I'm not a big fan of Moreno. 

MJD in a reduced role(the way Pats use their RB's), would play him to his strengths and keep him fresh.  He was the only offense for the Jags for years... 

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from oklahomapatriot. Show oklahomapatriot's posts

Really? Pass please. What about Blount?

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from mellymel3. Show mellymel3's posts

Both MJD and Moreno are better in the Passing game than all the current Pats backs with the possible exception of Vereen.....they might have that in mind...more likely, they are covering themselves in negotiations with Blount...

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

Honestly I don't think it's a bad idea to bring him in - I'd rather have Moreno - but I'd take both these guys over Blount because they can catch. What about Chris Johnson? He said he would take a pay cut and he's still got his legs, plus he can catch too.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from oklahomapatriot. Show oklahomapatriot's posts

In response to mthurl's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Honestly I don't think it's a bad idea to bring him in - I'd rather have Moreno - but I'd take both these guys over Blount because they can catch. What about Chris Johnson? He said he would take a pay cut and he's still got his legs, plus he can catch too.

[/QUOTE]

Yeah Moreno over Drew would be better

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from agill1970. Show agill1970's posts

I'd rather have Blount back and I suspect he'd cost less. 

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from ma6dragon9. Show ma6dragon9's posts

In response to mellymel3's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Both MJD and Moreno are better in the Passing game than all the current Pats backs with the possible exception of Vereen.....they might have that in mind...more likely, they are covering themselves in negotiations with Blount...

[/QUOTE]

Vereen had 47 catches in 8 games last season.

He's one of the best receiving backs in football. He just needs to find a way to stay healthy.

And people will stop questioning his hands when that cast is no longer encasing one of his hands and thumb. I predicted it coming into 2013 and he proved me very right in Week 1. In the 2012 playoffs, Vereen was DYNAMIC out of the backfield. He even lined up wide, in the slot, wherever. He is a VERY comfortable receiver.

I just want 1 back to compliment Ridley as a runner. Blount, MJD, whoever. I do not trust Ridley as the every down, only RB option. He had SERIOUS fumbling problems at the end of 2012. He fumbled in WEEK FKING ONE in 2013, then 3 times in November in 3 straight games. He is simply not trustworthy, and there needs to be a capable option if that isn't solved.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from IndianaPatsFan. Show IndianaPatsFan's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

What is it with Vereen not being able to catch that "over the shoulder" pass? Sure would make him a bigger threat.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from ma6dragon9. Show ma6dragon9's posts

In response to IndianaPatsFan's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

What is it with Vereen not being able to catch that "over the shoulder" pass? Sure would make him a bigger threat.

[/QUOTE]

The gigantic cast on his hand and thumb made that kind of difficult.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from APpats22. Show APpats22's posts

Maurice Jones-Drew - RB - Jaguars

CSN New England reports the Patriots have not contacted free agent Maurice Jones-Drew.

A Monday report claimed the Dolphins, Pats, Steelers, and Jets were "in the hunt" for MJD. Two reports since have shot down Miami and New England's alleged interest. We expect Jones-Drew to either land with the Steelers or Jets at this point. Monday's report may have been agent-driven, attempting to forge a larger market for Jones-Drew than he really has. He's a late-career running back. Related: Patriots   Source: CSN New England Mar 25 - 7:07 AM