Maurice Jones-Drew smartest play of the year

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Harleyroadking99. Show Harleyroadking99's posts

Maurice Jones-Drew smartest play of the year

MJD had a clear shot to the EZ but he kneeled down at the one yard line affectively taking the clock out of the game. The Jags kneeled 3 more times ran the clock down to 3 seconds then kicked the winning FG. What a smart,smart play. Ole' BB would be proud of that play. He could have been selfish and scored the TD with 2+ minutes left, but he was thinking ahead and won it for his team.

Maurice Jones-Drew after kneel-down at 1-yard line: 'Sorry to my fantasy owners'

Jaguars RB Maurice Jones-Drew had a message for his fantasy owners on Sunday: Please forgive me.

Jones-Drew passed up a sure TD by taking a knee at the 1-yard line with 1:48 to play in a 24-22 win against the Jets. He acted on orders from head coach Jack Del Rio, who wanted to grind down the clock and not surrender the ball back to the Jets.

"Sorry to my fantasy owners," Jones-Drew said. "They told me to get as close as I can and take a knee."

The Jaguars, trailing 22-21 at the time, took the clock down to 0:03 and then kicked the game-winning field goal.

Del Rio said it was his plan all along, and he was happy it worked so well.

"We've just got to make an extra point," he said. "I don't want to give them a chance to return the kick, hit a fluke play or anything like that." -- Tom Pedulla

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from underdogg. Show underdogg's posts

Re: Maurice Jones-Drew smartest play of the year

I got one for you.  Homer here.  As Frank Gore is being tackled and falling out of bounds but not yet down because he is on the back of the defender nor yet out of bounds at the 1 yd line, he loses the ball that spurts up but in bounds. 

Jerraud Powers, pursuing the play runs out of bounds, but the rookie, seeing the ball is out, jumps back in bounds first before touching the ball.  His foot is on the endzone which results in a touchback.  Indianapolis Ball on the 20.  Brilliant play for the rookie.

Sorry - Just a little homer love.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from magicalhobo. Show magicalhobo's posts

It was a good heads up play. It reminded me a lot of Brian Westbrook's kneel a couple years ago

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from ewhite1065. Show ewhite1065's posts

I saw that play and loved it. He was so shocked nobody was trying to tackle him. It took tremendous restraint to keep himself out of the endzone. I was lmao at Ryan.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Harleyroadking99. Show Harleyroadking99's posts

What makes this play better is that the jets were letting MJD score the td so they could get the ball back with time on the clock,but the Jags were to smart for them. Fat-rex musta choked on his BigMac when saw that.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from themightypatriotz. Show themightypatriotz's posts

Surely this is proof that the game is fixed!  How many gamblers lost their money because of that?  More importantly, how many fantasy football players lost their fantasy lives because of that?

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from prairiemike. Show prairiemike's posts

In Response to Re: Maurice Jones-Drew smartest play of the year:
    [QUOTE]Surely this is proof that the game is fixed!  How many gamblers lost their money because of that?  More importantly, how many fantasy football players lost their fantasy lives because of that?
    Posted by themightypatriotz[/QUOTE]

Intersting aside here: MJD apologized to fantasy owners after the game, "Including myself," he said, "because I've got me."

Hilarious.

Of course, the flipside of this is that the Jags were behind and if anything goes wrong with the kick -- as has been known to happen -- who looks like an idiot then.

For my money, it's bonhead to take points off the board.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from BosoxJoe5. Show BosoxJoe5's posts

In Response to Maurice Jones-Drew smartest play of the year:
    [QUOTE]MJD had a clear shot to the EZ but he kneeled down at the one yard line affectively taking the clock out of the game. The Jags kneeled 3 more times ran the clock down to 3 seconds then kicked the winning FG. What a smart,smart play. Ole' BB would be proud of that play. He could have been selfish and scored the TD with 2+ minutes left, but he was thinking ahead and won it for his team. Maurice Jones-Drew after kneel-down at 1-yard line: 'Sorry to my fantasy owners' 06:07 PM   Yahoo! Buzz Share E-mail Save Print Share 0   Comment 1 Recommend Jaguars RB  Maurice Jones-Drew  had a message for his fantasy owners on Sunday: Please forgive me. Jones-Drew passed up a sure TD by taking a knee at the 1-yard line with 1:48 to play in a  24-22 win against the Jets . He acted on orders from head coach  Jack Del Rio , who wanted to grind down the clock and not surrender the ball back to the Jets. "Sorry to my fantasy owners," Jones-Drew said. "They told me to get as close as I can and take a knee." The Jaguars, trailing 22-21 at the time, took the clock down to 0:03 and then kicked the game-winning field goal. Del Rio said it was his plan all along, and he was happy it worked so well. "We've just got to make an extra point," he said. "I don't want to give them a chance to return the kick, hit a fluke play or anything like that." --  Tom Pedulla TAGS: NFL   NEW YORK JETS   JACKSONVILLE JAGUARS
    Posted by Harleyroadking99[/QUOTE]
    What happens if they miss the FG and lose in OT? Is it that hard stop a team for 1:48 when your up by a TD?

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Physics. Show Physics's posts

In Response to Re: Maurice Jones-Drew smartest play of the year:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Maurice Jones-Drew smartest play of the year : Intersting aside here: MJD apologized to fantasy owners after the game, "Including myself," he said, "because I've got me." Hilarious. Of course, the flipside of this is that the Jags were behind and if anything goes wrong with the kick -- as has been known to happen -- who looks like an idiot then. For my money, it's bonhead to take points off the board.
    Posted by prairiemike[/QUOTE]

I'm kinda wondering if in MJD's league anyone else would have drafted him... imagine if another owner owned him, too... "I apologize to fantasy owners for that... including Dave.. yeah, I got you tonight if Wayne catches a ball..' .. 

Sections
Shortcuts