May I Ask A Question?

1. This post has been removed.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Dessalines. Show Dessalines's posts

Re: May I Ask A Question?

Frankly if you look closely enough, there is a penalty on almost every play in the NFL but they don't get called.  However, the safety call was egregious but the game was over by then.  The real blow dealt by the officials and not challenged by the PATS as they couldn't see it, according to Bill, was the Gronk TD that wasn't.  That was a key play and the call did not go our this time. No doubt there were other bad calls but so it goes. BTW, of course you can ask a question. Who's going to stop you?

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from CaptainZdeno33. Show CaptainZdeno33's posts

Nuttin personal but I'm not a fan of this thread. Pats were only flagged for 37 yards. Half of that was probably on Mankins alone. I'm not going to sit here and defend the officiating this year, it has been miserable, but I was pretty happy with it this past game. Let em play baby!

4. This post has been removed.

5. This post has been removed.

6. This post has been removed.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from pcmIV. Show pcmIV's posts

In Response to Re: May I Ask A Question?:
    [QUOTE]What a shocker! Patriots fans complaining about flags and they don't even know the rules.  There is no rule about punching the ball.  The OFFENSE cannot move the ball forward in a situation like that.  The D can do whatever it wants.  Prove me wrong.
    Posted by JetMangione[/QUOTE]

Go home troll.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from pcmIV. Show pcmIV's posts

Neither does Mike Pereira: http://twitter.com/#!/MikePereira

"In regards to Polamalu play - it should have been an illegal bat and if that was called then it would have been a touchback"

9. This post has been removed.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Salcon. Show Salcon's posts

Polamalu should atleast get fined for his hit on Welker.  Goodell throws fines around like confetti even when a flag isn't thrown.  What's he waiting for?

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsLifer. Show PatsLifer's posts

Maybe its magnified for us because we are Pats fans. So, we're looking for stuff that's not called, vs. looking at stuff they don't call on the Pats. I don't know. I do know there were a few calls that were not made that had an impact. Love being held as he was about to sack Rapelisburger, Welker getting his neck corkscrewed, etc.
    Maybe it's time the NFL employ Refs that don't double dip and collect social security while collecting game checks.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from TrueChamp. Show TrueChamp's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: May I Ask A Question? : The NFL doesn't agree.  http://www.nfl.com/news/story/09000d5d823a6659/article/steelers-polamalu-violated-nfl-rule-by-punching-ball-forward Go home troll.
    Posted by pcmIV[/QUOTE]

Nice work pcmIV....nothing like a little troll bashing now and again.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from pezz4pats. Show pezz4pats's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: May I Ask A Question? : An article from the associated press and a tweet is your proof?  The same article that was on ESPN.com?  Let's see the rule smart guy. Or would you rather just be blissfully ignorant and claim how unfair life is for the Patriots?

Typical Jest troll.  Give him proof and he just don't get it.
    Shouldn't you be infesting the Bill's forum, cockroach?  They are, after all, your next "L".
    How's that 43 year old whine taste?  Pretty bitter, I suspect.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Getzo. Show Getzo's posts

[QUOTE]What a shocker! Patriots fans complaining about flags and they don't even know the rules.  There is no rule about punching the ball.  The OFFENSE cannot move the ball forward in a situation like that.  The D can do whatever it wants.  Prove me wrong.

What a shocker.... no one cares what you think.  Jets are third in the division last time I checked and have buffalo on the raod were the Jets can't win.. on the road.  But you have a great secondary and a great coach... yes we know. 

Do you have anything with substance to add to the forum?

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Texas-Pathetic. Show Texas-Pathetic's posts

here you go RUSTY!

p.s. would you rather have had the refs simply drop more than a minute off the game clock like they did in the Patriots 3 point victory in 2005 at Heinz Field?  Every game has calls that cut both ways.....time for your Brazillian.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from pcmIV. Show pcmIV's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: May I Ask A Question? : An article from the associated press and a tweet is your proof?  The same article that was on ESPN.com?  Let's see the rule smart guy. Or would you rather just be blissfully ignorant and claim how unfair life is for the Patriots?

So in your world the NFL would link to an article on their own website that openly contradicts the ruling of their employees (the refs) and the former VP of officiating also chose to disagree just for kicks.  Pass the crack pipe dude.

But since you are so eager to be exposed as an idiot the NFL rulebook Rule 8, Section 7, Article 7, A.R. 8.71 states:

"Second-and-10 on B30. A backward pass or fumble hits the ground on the B35 and a defensive player bats the ball to the B40 where he recovers.

Ruling: Illegal bat of a loose ball. Enforcement is from the previous spot as it is behind the line. A’s ball firstand-10 on B20."

In this case the fumble did hit the ground and and was batted backwards by a defensive player making it an illegal bat.

In addition the NFL rulebook Rule 8, Section 7, Article 3, Item 4, Part B states: (http://static.nfl.com/static/content/public/image/rulebook/pdfs/11_Rule8_ForwardPass_BackPass_Fumble.pdf)

"When a fumble goes out of bounds in the end zone, the following
    shall apply:
    (b) If a ball is fumbled in a team’s own end zone or in the field of play and goes out of bounds in the end zone it is a safety if that team provided the impetus that sent the ball into the end zone. If the impetus was provided by the opponent, it is a touchback."

In this case the opponent Pittsburgh (specifically Polamalu) provided the impetus that sent the fumble from the field of play out of bounds in the endzone meaning it should have been a touchback for the Patriots.

As I said earlier.  Go home troll and come back when you actually know something (i.e. never).

17. This post has been removed.

18. This post has been removed.

19. This post has been removed.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from CubanPete. Show CubanPete's posts

In Response to May I Ask A Question?:
    [QUOTE]Why is our team notoriously involved in calls that refs don't know the rules on? http://espn.go.com/boston/nfl/story/_/id/7174648/troy-polamalu-end-game-ball-slap-new-england-patriots-rules I mean, this had nothing to do with the loss, but with the amount of calls that went against NE, whether technically incorrect like this play, the Gronk TD which wasted 1:30 on the clock, Polamlau's ripping Welker's facemask from underneath around his head, or the Ryan Clark leading with his helmet on BJGE's facemask...what is it? Pitt is simply allowed to play by different rules. It's sort of creepy. We breath on a WR and out come the flags.
    Posted by RidingWithTheKing[/QUOTE]

We were robbed. The Steelers got all the calls and our poor LBs and DBs get blamed for poor coverages.

It's just not fair!

We'll make quick work out of the Giants and Jets. We owe them!!! Unless the refs want us to lose again.

Go Pats!!!

BB rules!!!

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from profootball. Show profootball's posts

The Pats has been a dominate team for this decade therefore the NFL Reps are sometimes don't like them.  It is clearly that Gronk got a touch down with the ball across the goal line.  They don't turn the review on and so the refs.  The refs have a right to review the play in 2 mins to the end of the game.
    Troy Polalumu tried to bread Wes Welker necks.  He slamed Kevin Faulk in the ground for roughless.  He is a dirty player.  Hopefully, they will meet again the the playoff and see how the Pats will do.....
    In Response to May I Ask A Question?:
    [QUOTE]Why is our team notoriously involved in calls that refs don't know the rules on? http://espn.go.com/boston/nfl/story/_/id/7174648/troy-polamalu-end-game-ball-slap-new-england-patriots-rules I mean, this had nothing to do with the loss, but with the amount of calls that went against NE, whether technically incorrect like this play, the Gronk TD which wasted 1:30 on the clock, Polamlau's ripping Welker's facemask from underneath around his head, or the Ryan Clark leading with his helmet on BJGE's facemask...what is it? Pitt is simply allowed to play by different rules. It's sort of creepy. We breath on a WR and out come the flags.
    Posted by RidingWithTheKing[/QUOTE]