Maybe a tall receiver like Quentin Sims could help

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from coolade2. Show coolade2's posts

Maybe a tall receiver like Quentin Sims could help

Brady's accuracy is clearly slipping.  part of that is confidence or lack of, in his receivers. 

Bigger possession type receiver (think Marqus colston) could be another easier target  for Brady to hit.

The offense should reopen the competition at WR to get some consistency.  Wow.  232 total yards.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from agcsbill. Show agcsbill's posts

Re: Maybe a tall receiver like Quentin Sims could help

coolade, IMHO, I believe TB was throwing to where he expected his receivers to be.  After how many of those passes hit the ground did we see Brady make motions to the receivers about where they should have been.  It is not like we saw a wide open receiver all the time and Brady clearly missed them.  He threw to spots where the receiver was expected to be.  Also, the number of drops we saw was astounding!

AGCSBill, just a fan havin' fun!!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

Brady was pretty accurate last night. Lots of balls hit the palms. If it hits your palms you should be able to catch it. But, seriously Sims had 2 good catches. That's not good enough to warrent a spot right now. If he couldn't beat out any of the 3 we currently have that's saying a lot. I'd like the give the kid a shot too but he wasn't immediately picked up by another team so lets hold off making him the next Nunn 

I swear by lil 10 pound bearded baby Jesus

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49Patriots. Show 49Patriots's posts

Dobson is 6'3 210 pounds. He's not  small WR, Brady just doesnt know how to work with outside WRs. Dobson and Boyce would've excelled in other teams, but our QB can only throw to Slot WRs and TEs.

Viva Ronaldo! Viva Ronaldo! Running down the wing, hear United sing! Viva Ronaldo! 

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from coolade2. Show coolade2's posts

In response to 49Patriots' comment:

Dobson is 6'3 210 pounds. He's not  small WR, Brady just doesnt know how to work with outside WRs. Dobson and Boyce would've excelled in other teams, but our QB can only throw to Slot WRs and TEs.

Viva Ronaldo! Viva Ronaldo! Running down the wing, hear United sing! Viva Ronaldo! 

That's a strong statement.  but the outside throws are more difficult, the receivers are moving targets.  Brady got addicted to Welker, short throws, etc.  He can still get better, but it is beginning to look like a disturbing trend.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from dreighver. Show dreighver's posts

This really isn't true. Brady hit Thompkins in stride down the sideline twice, hit Dobson deep, and Dobson completely blew it. 

This is a rather absurd post, especially considering how you assert your opinion as a fact. 

Was Brady perfect last night? No. But he was a smart part of a big problem. Let's give these rookies some time to get acclimated and learn the offense. There will be growing pains, no doubt, but I fully expect a talented and dynamic group by the end of the season. 

"Brady just doesnt know how to work with outside WRs. Dobson and Boyce would've excelled in other teams, but our QB can only throw to Slot WRs and TEs."

That's nonsensical. Brady could afford some work on his downfield passing, but it's clear that he has been working on it and is improving. Did he miss a throw or two down the field last night? Sure. But all QBs do. He also hit on those same deep throws 2 or 3 times, either resulting in a completion, dropped pass, or in Thompkins case, on the TD that was called back, it was neither Brady nor Thompkins'  fault -- perfect throw, fantastic effort by KT, just a tough play. 

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from coolade2. Show coolade2's posts

In response to agcsbill's comment:

coolade, IMHO, I believe TB was throwing to where he expected his receivers to be.  After how many of those passes hit the ground did we see Brady make motions to the receivers about where they should have been.  It is not like we saw a wide open receiver all the time and Brady clearly missed them.  He threw to spots where the receiver was expected to be.  Also, the number of drops we saw was astounding!

AGCSBill, just a fan havin' fun!!

I hope that's an adjustment they can make.  The reason I bring up Sims is the 2 TD catches he made were taking the ball from a defender in the air. 

maybe its less about the finesse of route running , and more about just going and getting the ball.  And Brady in turn , having the confidence to make those throws, not just the perfectly timed choreographed things of beauty he appears to be striving for.

He has an instinct to avoid picks, so this plays in as well, since the throws to the areas are not ending up in the defenders hands either...

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Iceman4. Show Iceman4's posts

Brady was throwing the long ball great in preseason too! Remember how phenomenal everybody was saying he was?

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from newenglanderinexile. Show newenglanderinexile's posts

I can't remember whether Randy Moss, to whom Brady threw a record 23 touchdown passes in one season, was a slot receiver or a tight end.  Can you remind me? 

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from pcmIV. Show pcmIV's posts

/facepalm

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49Patriots. Show 49Patriots's posts

Until Brady proves otherwise, I'm sticking with my statement.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from CablesWyndBairn. Show CablesWyndBairn's posts

In response to pcmIV's comment:

/facepalm

Right, it's BRAAADDYYY'S fault!  Skinny weak armed average QB that he is...

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from oklahomapatriot. Show oklahomapatriot's posts

he threw pretty good to Moss on the outside, some were deep

Sections
Shortcuts