Maybe it’s time for Mr. Kraft to ask for BB for his resignation.

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Salcon. Show Salcon's posts

Re: Maybe it’s time for Mr. Kraft to ask for BB for his resignation.

If some folks are so disgusted by this franchise, there are 31 other teams to choose from to be a fan of.  

I'll stick with the Pats as I always have through bad and good. 

I'll also stay with Belichick.

Have fun rooting for another team and please go and stay at that team's forum.

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Muzwell. Show Muzwell's posts

Coach Belichick asked me to send this along, he's still in Europe and his internet connection isn't so good (I'm just the messenger here):

You want the truth tcal-2? 

You can't handle the truth! 

Son, we live in a world that has end zones, and those end zones have to be guarded by men with guns. Who's gonna do it? You? You, PatsEng? I have a greater responsibility than you can possibly fathom. You weep for Lloyd and you curse Hernandez. You have that luxury. You have the luxury of not knowing what I know, that Lloyd's death, while tragic, probably won games. And my existence, while grotesque and incomprehensible to you, wins games! You don't want the truth, because deep down in places you don't talk about at tail gate parties, you want me on that sideline. You need me on that sideline. We use words like "honor", "code", "loyalty", "Patriot Way." We use these words as the backbone of a life spent defending something. You use them as a punchline. I have neither the time nor the inclination to explain myself to a man who rises and sleeps under the blanket of the very won-loss record that I provide, and then questions the manner in which I provide it! I would rather you just said "thank you", and went on your way. Otherwise, I suggest you pick up a helmet, and take the field. Either way, I don't give a damn what you think you are entitled to!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from jam757. Show jam757's posts

What a dumb thread! In Bill WE Trust and don't f'in forget it. The best coach in the history of professional sports in my opinion.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49Patriots. Show 49Patriots's posts

In response to pcmIV's comment:

In response to tcal2-'s comment:

[QUOTE]

Stop hating for the sake of hating and open your eyes to what's going on here.

1)      We drafted a guy last year who was arrested and since convicted of assaulting a Cop.  7th round I believe because no one else wanted this trash

2)      85 just served jail time.

3)      Drafting a known pot head who hung in bad crowds.  Available in the 4th round because no one else wanted this trash.

4)      Lloyd a known wacko.

This isn’t McDonald’s people these bad decisions cost the Organization MILLION$.

And yes BB is responsible and accountable for the people he hires!!!!!!

1) Please.  The "evidence" in that trial was pretty freaking pathetic.  It was so pathetic that despite getting convicted of a crime that could put someone away for years the judge gave him 30 days jail time.

2) 85 didn't get into any trouble when he was on the team and as far as I can tell didn't have a criminal record before this incident.

3) Hernandez is one guy.

4) Lloyd was a headcase.  Not a thug.  Do you think TO was a thug?

Your classification of the Patriots as thug central is laughable.

[/QUOTE]

Don't forget that Welker almost got arrested last year for trespassing at a wedding he wasn't invited to and getting into an altercation with the hosts.

BB and his thugs.

6. This post has been removed.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from themightypatriots. Show themightypatriots's posts

If anything Kraft should surrender ownership of the team to BB.  BB is the one who made it the greatest team of all time.

8. This post has been removed.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from tcal2-. Show tcal2-'s posts

In response to zeitgeist49's comment:

[QUOTE]

BB had an amazing early run with the Patriot’s thanks in large part to the greatness of Tom Brady.  But all good things come to an end.  I am embarrassed to be a fan and Kraft should be ashamed of what’s going on in his house. 

We have all witnessed poor coaching and horrible personal decisions over the past ½ decade.  We have now become thug central and the landing spot for low character players.

BB has used up the last of his House Money with me and now I believe it’s time to move in a different direction.   Bring on the Haters

tcal - Keep telling it like it is. So many posters on this board revel in making calculated, measured responses which offer no insight. They think they corner the market on maturity and wisdom.

[/QUOTE]

Hey z,  Just calling it like I see it.  I don't drink Kool-aid and I'm not afraid to go against the grain.  People here don't seem to realize that all coaches have a shelf life.  Jimmy Jones fired Tom F'ing Landry.  How did that work out?

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from tcal2-. Show tcal2-'s posts

In response to themightypatriots' comment:

If anything Kraft should surrender ownership of the team to BB.  BB is the one who made it the greatest team of all time.

Hey mighty. Good to see you.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from themightypatriots. Show themightypatriots's posts

[QUOTE]

Hey mighty. Good to see you.

[/QUOTE]

What's up?  You been keeping everyone straight?

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from CablesWyndBairn. Show CablesWyndBairn's posts

BB had an amazing early run with the Patriot’s thanks in large part to the greatness of Tom Brady.  But all good things come to an end.  I am embarrassed to be a fan and Kraft should be ashamed of what’s going on in his house. 

We have all witnessed poor coaching and horrible personal decisions over the past ½ decade.  We have now become thug central and the landing spot for low character players.

BB has used up the last of his House Money with me and now I believe it’s time to move in a different direction.   Bring on the Haters

What was your opinion when the Pats re-signed up-and-coming talent Hernandez to a contract extension T-cal?  I doubt you were against it.  Were you against it then or are you blaming the Pats for not knowing Hernandez was capable of murder/obstructing justice?  Kraft obviously felt comfortable signing Hernandez to a long term deal, so maybe he should resign his ownership too? 

13. This post has been removed.

14. This post has been removed.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from tcal2-. Show tcal2-'s posts

In response to CablesWyndBairn's comment:

[QUOTE]

What was your opinion when the Pats re-signed up-and-coming talent Hernandez to a contract extension T-cal?  I doubt you were against it.  Were you against it then or are you blaming the Pats for not knowing Hernandez was capable of murder/obstructing justice?  Kraft obviously felt comfortable signing Hernandez to a long term deal, so maybe he should resign his ownership too? 

[/QUOTE]

I was all for it.  I loved YAC MAN.  I was his biggest fan. 

But

I also did not have any knowledge of his past life other than smoking some pot in college which doesn't bother me.  The gang S*it should of been a Red Flag. 

16. This post has been removed.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from tcal2-. Show tcal2-'s posts

"NEWSFLASH: Tom Brady has crapped his pants in two SBs since 2007 and in multiple home playoff games as well."

Here we go...the Brady Bash.  Maybe if the great BB knew how to build a Defense they would of held end of game leads that Brady delivered in both F'ing cases.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from pcmIV. Show pcmIV's posts

But

I also did not have any knowledge of his past life other than smoking some pot in college which doesn't bother me.  The gang S*it should of been a Red Flag. 

I bet you would be surprised how many other players in the NFL have similar red flags that don't get into trouble.  A lot of these guys come from pretty rough backgrounds.  Notice how all these red flags are coming out of the woodwork only now that he is in trouble.  I bet if a lot of other players had their lives scrutinized as much as Hernandez's is right now it would be just as ugly.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from CablesWyndBairn. Show CablesWyndBairn's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

But

[/QUOTE]

Maybe you're right, but he had a fiancee, a new kid and had probably kept his nose clean enough to warrant an extension.  If you're blaming BB, also blame his boss who signed off on the deal.  Whether Hernandez pulled the trigger or is covering for the punk that did, I am not going to be a hypocrite and say I didn't want the Pats to re-sign hernandez and I think most believe that BB can manage guys who need a boot in the ar$e from time to time.  The league is full of guys who, but for football, would be rotting in a jail cell.  They're not all college grads with great future prospects.    

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from zeitgeist49. Show zeitgeist49's posts

greatest team of all time ? go back to drinking your koolaid.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from zeitgeist49. Show zeitgeist49's posts

"NEWSFLASH: Tom Brady has crapped his pants in two SBs since 2007 and in multiple home playoff games as well."

Here we go...the Brady Bash.  Maybe if the great BB knew how to build a Defense they would of held end of game leads that Brady delivered in both F'ing cases.

The Brady bashers fail to take into account the awesome pass rush TB had to consistently face. No QB would have done well against that continuous pressure. Not to mention losing Gronk. Rodgers, Gomer or Brees would have been hard pressed to surpass TB's performance. Brady bashers never want to look at context. If TB had been facing his own D in those 2 SB's he would have 5 rings. And if Eli had been facing his own D the Giants would have been scoreless in both games.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

In response to Muzwell's comment:

Coach Belichick asked me to send this along, he's still in Europe and his internet connection isn't so good (I'm just the messenger here):

You want the truth tcal-2? 

You can't handle the truth! 

Son, we live in a world that has end zones, and those end zones have to be guarded by men with guns. Who's gonna do it? You? You, PatsEng? I have a greater responsibility than you can possibly fathom. You weep for Lloyd and you curse Hernandez. You have that luxury. You have the luxury of not knowing what I know, that Lloyd's death, while tragic, probably won games. And my existence, while grotesque and incomprehensible to you, wins games! You don't want the truth, because deep down in places you don't talk about at tail gate parties, you want me on that sideline. You need me on that sideline. We use words like "honor", "code", "loyalty", "Patriot Way." We use these words as the backbone of a life spent defending something. You use them as a punchline. I have neither the time nor the inclination to explain myself to a man who rises and sleeps under the blanket of the very won-loss record that I provide, and then questions the manner in which I provide it! I would rather you just said "thank you", and went on your way. Otherwise, I suggest you pick up a helmet, and take the field. Either way, I don't give a damn what you think you are entitled to!

Well played sir

btw - was this a commentary that BB has grown too drunk with power and needs to be arrested (reigned in)?

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from TripleOG. Show TripleOG's posts

But

Maybe you're right, but he had a fiancee, a new kid and had probably kept his nose clean enough to warrant an extension.  If you're blaming BB, also blame his boss who signed off on the deal.  Whether Hernandez pulled the trigger or is covering for the punk that did, I am not going to be a hypocrite and say I didn't want the Pats to re-sign hernandez and I think most believe that BB can manage guys who need a boot in the ar$e from time to time.  The league is full of guys who, but for football, would be rotting in a jail cell.  They're not all college grads with great future prospects.    

I get this point but you kind of missing the point. NOT every NFL prospect has these baggage issues. IN Herns case, he Dropped to the 4th because of it and so to say it could happen with any player is failing to mention that BB got this guy in Spite of knowing what he knew,. its not something he just found out this week, its just he gambled nothing major would happen. GM's have choices. They can take the squeaky clean guy and spend the 1st or 2nd. BB CHOSE to take this risk in the 4th because of the reward prospect and it worked for a couple years and he got burned the minute he extended both. What am I missing here? Was BB forced to draft these guys??? I mean hindsight is 20/20 and I have loved waching hern play, but like t-cal said, I just thought he was a w**d head which I have no problem with. Now we are hearing all GMs knew more and so, you get what you deserve IF YOU KNEW

I recall making the suggestion 2 years ago to trade away one of the dynamic TE's before their contracts were up cuz I didnt think there was anyway they resign BOTH to bigt money, but they did. The main problem I have with what they did afterwards is they let Wes go(not the worst thing) but they did so over pennies and in a year they had NO other comparable Wideouts to replace him. They Gambles that at the very least, they could use Hern to help offset the lost by giving him slot touches and now here we are with no Security blanket and Hern likley not playing and Wes in Denver over less than a million. Looks pretty dumb now, Im just saying. NOt placing blame but BBs lack of loyalty and penchant for falling in love with the flavor of the month has cost us plenty the past couple years. Why did he really sign Ocho knowing what he knew??? Ego.. how about haynesworth??  Waste!! Bad character guys

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from glenr. Show glenr's posts

Stop hating for the sake of hating and open your eyes to what's going on here.

1)      We drafted a guy last year who was arrested and since convicted of assaulting a Cop.  7th round I believe because no one else wanted this trash

2)      85 just served jail time.

3)      Drafting a known pot head who hung in bad crowds.  Available in the 4th round because no one else wanted this trash.

4)      Lloyd a known wacko.

This isn’t McDonald’s people these bad decisions cost the Organization MILLION$.

And yes BB is responsible and accountable for the people he hires!!!!!!

There's are reason why players go through a Pre-Draft interview process. 

So basically what you're saying is that we should draft only people who have been complete angels their entire lives. Nobody gets a second chance nobody gets the benefit of doubt. This of course is based on the fact that you have never done anything wrong your entire life and expect evryone to be exactly like you.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from ATJ. Show ATJ's posts

tcal expressed his opinion and to a degree I can understand him taking that position.  I couldn't disagree with him more but that doesn't change the fact that he's initiated discussion on a matter that was bound to come up at some point.  My view is that all hindsight is 20-20 and that a 4th round draft pick for that kind of talent was worth the risk.  From all indications the kid had kept his nose clean up to the signing of the new contract, the coke dealer suing him notwitstanding.  The other examples (Ocho, Lloyd, Dennard) don't strike me as rising to anything close to this level and, in my view, don't amount to justification for making GM or coaching changes.  I also concur in the point regarding the NFL player population as a whole.  Not everyone is going to be a Brady or a Mayo.

All in all, I see this as a tragic event.  A man lost his life and another with a promising future apparently destroyed his.  To hold the team accountable for this situation I think is taking it a bit too far.

My 2 cents.

PS:  Oh, and Muz - your last post was a classic.

Sections
Shortcuts