Maybe it’s time for Mr. Kraft to ask for BB for his resignation.

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Muzwell. Show Muzwell's posts

Re: Maybe it’s time for Mr. Kraft to ask for BB for his resignation.

I agree dannycater.

I suspect that a lot of the people on here calling for BB's head were saying the same exact thing in '07 when Spygate was happening. You know, just before they went 18-1 that year, and before they won about 80% of their games (with another SB appearance) in the 5 years after that.

This too shall pass.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from dannycater. Show dannycater's posts

You can almost make a case that if it weren't for two hail mary passes by the same QB on the same opposing team, the Pats trophy case would have 5 titles under Belichick. That's how close this team has been to being an uber power. Now let's ask for resignation? jeeeeeeez.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from teegee. Show teegee's posts

In response to Muzwell's comment:

Somebody please explain what Bill Parcells had to do with the 2001, 2003 or 2004 Patriots. He left in 1996. By 2001 there were 6 players left from his last team. Bobby Grier/Pete Carroll had quite a bit more to do with the '01 Pats than Parcells, and they didn't have much to do with it at all.

Also, let's end the talk of BB quitting as GM and staying on as coach. It's a package deal, that's his contract. You want to him fired, fine but he's not going to work for someone else. He doesn't have to and why would he when he can go to numerous other teams and get both jobs. It's not an option.

Finally, some sanity!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from tcal2-. Show tcal2-'s posts

BB has been riding Brady's coat tails.  Moe Lewis deserves as much credit for our success as BB.  We lost those 2 Super Bowls due to historically awful defenses built by BB.  Can you say Ellis freaking Hobbs or Patrick Chung

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Philskiw1. Show Philskiw1's posts

In response to Muzwell's comment:

Somebody please explain what Bill Parcells had to do with the 2001, 2003 or 2004 Patriots. He left in 1996. By 2001 there were 6 players left from his last team. Bobby Grier/Pete Carroll had quite a bit more to do with the '01 Pats than Parcells, and they didn't have much to do with it at all.

Also, let's end the talk of BB quitting as GM and staying on as coach. It's a package deal, that's his contract. You want to him fired, fine but he's not going to work for someone else. He doesn't have to and why would he when he can go to numerous other teams and get both jobs. It's not an option.

Thank you the board cop has to throw his bs in there.  Woooooooo your busted. 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from pcmIV. Show pcmIV's posts

In response to tcal2-'s comment:

BB has been riding Brady's coat tails.  Moe Lewis deserves as much credit for our success as BB.  We lost those 2 Super Bowls due to historically awful defenses built by BB.  Can you say Ellis freaking Hobbs or Patrick Chung

Yes the 2007 defense which was a top 5 unit and had guys like Samuel, Wilfork, Seymour, Bruschi, Harrison, Vrabel and Warren was historically awful.  Get real.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat. Show TexasPat's posts

BB had an amazing early run with the Patriot’s thanks in large part to the greatness of Tom Brady.  But all good things come to an end.  I am embarrassed to be a fan and Kraft should be ashamed of what’s going on in his house. 

We have all witnessed poor coaching and horrible personal decisions over the past ½ decade.  We have now become thug central and the landing spot for low character players.

BB has used up the last of his House Money with me and now I believe it’s time to move in a different direction.   Bring on the Haters

RESPONSE: No one has been more critical of BB the GM than I. But...you're grossly over-reacting here.  How is this BB's fault? Surely he had Mr. Kraft's blessing when he drafted AH...and signed AH to the huge extension. Who saw this coming? Remember when everyone was singing the praises of AH, after he donated big bucks in honor of Mrs. Kraft, when she passed? 

Did anyone foresee O.J. Simpson going off the tracks the way he did?

What other players besides AH have run into trouble with the law? Randy Moss by and large was a good citizen while a Patriot. Ochocinco sucked, but behaved himself while in New England. Aqib Talib has kept his nose clean while a Patriot. Albert Haynesworth, though  worthless and lazy, didn't fall afoul of the law while a Patriot, He was released due to poor play. Alfonso Dennard has behaved since he's become a Patriot. 

Poor coaching??? Really???

Poor drafting...yes. Poor coaching? Hell no. During the past 5 years, the Patriots have been a flawed team,,,primarily on the defensive side of the ball. Yet, over those years, they've won 11, 10, 14, 13, and 12 games. Sorry...but that's not all Tom Brady's doing. Heck...the Pats won 11 games in 2008 without Brady. Where the team's flaws rear their ugly head has been in the play-offs, against the better teams.

Nonetheless, the past two years, BB has coached his team to the NFL's final 4, before bowing out to better balanced teams. 

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonTrollSpanker. Show BostonTrollSpanker's posts

I think it's hilarious Commie is mad that he's not getting credit for first coming up with the wacky idea that Belichick should resign over this. It's an extreme position that reeks of prisoner-of-the-moment. If anyhing Belichick should resign for signing "spiritual" Tim Tebow. LOLZ

However, T-Cal has a point in this regard: 

- Belichick does need to be open to changing his "value-based" GM philosophy, not so much because of Hernandez but because it's clearly not working without some tweaks. When you don't win a championship you need to make changes, it's that simple. 

- If I"m Kraft, I DO sit down with Bill once this shakes out and I've calmed down over the embarassment of this incident. I ask Bill to seriously restrain himself from making "value" picks when it comes to character concerns. Value picks for other reason (like injuries), fine. Character concern value picks need to be reigned in. It's perfectly reasonable for Kraft to have this conversation with Bill and for them to come away with a mutual understanding.  Yeah, BB's leash should and will be somewhat shorter now. That's how it goes when you have accountablility - even if the screwup may nor may not be your fault. Doesn't matter. 

- Once and for all anyone connected to the Pats needs to stop it with the "Patriot Way" and winning the right way. We take a chance on questionable character players and we're not the only franchise that does so by any means. The issue is not so much that we do some of that, but it's irrtating and hypocritical when we claim that we are above that. Kraft's comments about Tebow's spirituality look especially comical and absurd now. We're out to win like everyone else. No shame in that, just don't dress it up in the Patriot Way. Yes, Belichick does generally need smarter players to run his schemes, but smartness and character are two different things. If Kraft and BB want to brag about how "our team can beat your team in chess," that's fine. Just don't brag about how our guys have more character and more spirituality and all that phony junk.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from MrCricket. Show MrCricket's posts

if BB should resign for drafting hernandez then Kraft should sell the team for hiring BB.. it's only logical.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

In response to 42AND46's comment:

In response to themightypatriots's comment:

[QUOTE]

If anything Kraft should surrender ownership of the team to BB.  BB is the one who made it the greatest team of all time.

also i would give parcells a share of that early success and brady a huge share throughout

[/QUOTE]

don't forget Pete Carrol.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

In response to TexasPat's comment:

RESPONSE: No one has been more critical of BB the GM than I.

Really?

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat. Show TexasPat's posts

In response to BabeParilli's comment:

Really?

RESPONSE: Yes...really. That aside, blaming BB for this Hernandez mess is ridiculous. Just 10 months ago, BB was being praised to the heavens for his decisions to lock up Gronk and Hernandez to long term deals. Who knew that Gronk would fall apart physically? As for AH, he had just contributed $50K in memory of Myra Kraft...and was widely being praised for having "turned the corner" on his life. 

Using a mid-fourth round pick to select a first round talent with a troubled background is worth a risk. Who knew that AH would get involved in something like this?

The old saying holds true..."hindsight is always 20/20".

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from tcal2-. Show tcal2-'s posts

Well Tex and everyone this is how I look at it.  It's like the brand new 75 story glass and metal skyscraper we all ooh and aah at when it first opened.   It's beautiful to look at and admire from afar.

What we didn't see is the construction forman had the foundation cement mixed with too much sand, the beams were joined with 2 instead of 4 bolts and the welds all substandard.

So when that 75 story building we all loved and ooh and ahh at comes crashing down 13 years later then yes I feel the Forman needs to be held accountable.

There are a lot of posters jumping on me for believing in accountability but that's how the world I live in revolves.  Also I'm a firm believer that the players win Championships not the coaches.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

In response to BabeParilli's comment:

Really?

RESPONSE: Yes...really. That aside, blaming BB for this Hernandez mess is ridiculous. Just 10 months ago, BB was being praised to the heavens for his decisions to lock up Gronk and Hernandez to long term deals. Who knew that Gronk would fall apart physically? As for AH, he had just contributed $50K in memory of Myra Kraft...and was widely being praised for having "turned the corner" on his life. 

Using a mid-fourth round pick to select a first round talent with a troubled background is worth a risk. Who knew that AH would get involved in something like this?

The old saying holds true..."hindsight is always 20/20".

I've gotten 10x the heat that you have for calling out BB. LOL!

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from ghostofjri37. Show ghostofjri37's posts

In the NFL more than any other proffesional sports league coaching and game planning are a major ingrediant to what happens on Sundays. The coaching staff is responsible for utilizing players and maximizing their skill sets and putting them in best position to succeed.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from tcal2-. Show tcal2-'s posts

In response to ghostofjri37's comment:

In the NFL more than any other proffesional sports league coaching and game planning are a major ingrediant to what happens on Sundays. The coaching staff is responsible for utilizing players and maximizing their skill sets and putting them in best position to succeed.

True, But If Mark Sanchez was the QB of the Patriots over the past 12 years we would still have zero Super Bowl trophies.

Players make the plays not the coaches.  There's nothing new or revolutionary going on on the sidelines. It's generally the same X's and O's that have been on the board for over a 100 years.  It's the team that executes and has the better talent that wins.  

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from ghostofjri37. Show ghostofjri37's posts

In response to ghostofjri37's comment:

[QUOTE]

True, But If Mark Sanchez was the QB of the Patriots over the past 12 years we would still have zero Super Bowl trophies.

Players make the plays not the coaches.  There's nothing new or revolutionary going on on the sidelines. It's generally the same X's and O's that have been on the board for over a 100 years.  It's the team that executes and has the better talent that wins.  

[/QUOTE]

Don't disagree but then the arguement that BB picked the wrong players would have to be false. No? Because if they didn't have the talent then how else could they have won?

IMHO and it is only an opinion... the pat's have been fortunate to have possibly the GQBOAT and the GHCOAT who also happens to be adept at team building utilizing all aspect availble when building a 53 man roster.

It is the rare combiantion that the 9'ers had and the Cowboys of the early 90's had... great head coaching with a tremendous QB and complimentry talent. The Pat's have just sustained it a little longer in an era where the cap has influenced the building of the 53 man roster and the talent levels the cap can limit you with.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from TrueChamp. Show TrueChamp's posts

In response to dannycater's comment:

In Belichick I Trust....if and when he has a team that is not competitive, which has been next to never since 2001, then I'll make a request for his resignation. I look at this the same way I looked at how people piled on Francona, and to a lesser extent Julien even this year. When you win WORLD CHAMPIONSHIPS, you are always going to be measured by when are you going to win it again. It's called being spoiled as fans. You know how hard it is to win the championship in the four big professional sports? I'm gonna say, for many of you who occupy the boards here, no.  You have no idea, and when you see the Celtics, Patriots, Bruins and Red Sox all winning titles within a few years of each other, or in the same decade, you start losing perspective. This is all about perspective. That's why when I see Doc Rivers, Claude Julien, Bill Belichick, and Francona before his firing, I think at what it's like without them (think Valentine or Dave Lewis pre-Julien, or some of the under-achieving Pete Carroll teams). I'm pretty impressed by Farrell with the Sox, and he hasn't won anything as a manager yet. You don't like the Pats because of certain guys who have had shady pasts, tough. Aaron Hernandez was a pretty damn good player in his few years as a TE. It's unfortunate he's become an all-time .

This reply ends this thread IMO. I agree 100%.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from RallyC. Show RallyC's posts

BB had an amazing early run with the Patriot’s thanks in large part to the greatness of Tom Brady.  But all good things come to an end.  I am embarrassed to be a fan and Kraft should be ashamed of what’s going on in his house. 

We have all witnessed poor coaching and horrible personal decisions over the past ½ decade.  We have now become thug central and the landing spot for low character players.

BB has used up the last of his House Money with me and now I believe it’s time to move in a different direction.   Bring on the Haters

Better chance of Kraft firing Jonathan Kraft.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from MrCricket. Show MrCricket's posts

should BB be charged with accessory to murder if hern is found guilty? people may laugh, but i'm a firm believer in accountability, that's just how i roll.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

In response to MrCricket's comment:

should BB be charged with accessory to murder if hern is found guilty? people may laugh, but i'm a firm believer in accountability, that's just how i roll.

LMAO!  Nice one!

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from rtuinila. Show rtuinila's posts

So tcal,

your true colors finally show through. Actually that isn't true, you haven't been a BB fan since he stole your binky, or your girlfriend or what ever he stole from you.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from tcal2-. Show tcal2-'s posts

Well, if BB didn't draft him he wouldn't be living in Massachusetts.  If he was living say in Kansas City that dude would be alive right now.........chew on that for a while.

Funny how fate works.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from tcal2-. Show tcal2-'s posts

In response to rtuinila's comment:

[QUOTE]

So tcal,

your true colors finally show through. Actually that isn't true, you haven't been a BB fan since he stole your binky, or your girlfriend or what ever he stole from you.

[/QUOTE]

My virginity.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from MrCricket. Show MrCricket's posts

Well, if BB didn't draft him he wouldn't be living in Massachusetts.  If he was living say in Kansas City that dude would be alive right now.........chew on that for a while.

Funny how fate works.

and if kraft didn't hire BB, BB wouldn't have been able to draft him to the patriots... Kraft should take accountability and sell the team right?